Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 04:41 PM   #1  

Default How Many Times Have You Joined?

I have figured that over the last 10-12 yrs or so, I have joined 7 times. Two times, I did not do the meetings--just weigh in and leave and of course I got nowhere. The other 5 times I did stay for the meetings. I made my 10% on 2 of those 5 times. Also got frustrated and quit. But I know it works. I have seen many people do it. My leader was great..I always left the meeting thinking I can do this but would sabotage it during the week!!!! I have been doing it "on my one" the last few weeks. I have the materials and I go on several forums but I think the accountability is important!

SO MY Question is, How many times have you joined? How long did you stick with it? How many times did it take you to make 10% or goal?
Old 04-27-2006, 04:52 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

This is my 2nd time with WW, I rejoined in Nov. 2005 and am still going strong. I reached my official 10% goal after about 8 weeks on plan, then my second 10% goal after another 11 weeks. I am halfway to goal overall and hope to get there by the end of the year or by spring of next year.

The "last time" around, I joined in Oct. 2003 but quit right around Feb. 2004, I lost 17 lbs but was 2 lbs shy of my 10% goal the first time, but waffled with the same 1-2 lbs for 2 months that I gave up and gained everything I'd lost plus more before finally coming to my senses and rejoining 2 years later. I have a totally different mindset this time around, and am learning that a meal or even a day off plan is not the end of the world. I am loving this plan because it really works well in real life.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:00 PM   #3  

i have joined at least 4 times in the last 5 years and am considering joining again this weekend. When i first joined in 2001 i was in college and went from 145 to 121-123 and maintained that for a while. I now fluxuate by 10 lbs every year and i can't seem to maintain from (115-127). I am very frustrated.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:39 PM   #4  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

This is my first time on WW! However, my mom joined with me (or is joining this week with me) and it's her 3rd time... but she never actually has been to the meetings she always did the weigh in and then did it on her own...
Old 04-27-2006, 07:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

This is my 2nd time to join. The first time was Jan 2004. I was so committed for the first hour after a meeting then I'd give up. I bought the 12 week package so I would be motivated to go but I only went 9 out of the 12 weeks and after the 12 weeks were up I stopped going. I never really followed the program anyway and only lost like 5lbs. One good thing I got out of meeting was awarness. From my first meeting until I rejoined even though I wasn't following the program I was aware of what I ate. My mindset when I rejoined in Jan 2006 was that I wasn't going to fail this time. I was going to succeed. I AM going to succeed. I reached my 10% goal in my 13th week.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/174/165

I've joined three times in feb-03 I lost over 30 pounds with the program, got pregnant gained it all back and then some. The second time I joined was january of 05 and didn't stayon it too long but I did lose 15 in a month, and I got put on the birth control shot and gained back all the weight and about 20 pounds more, so now here I am and this will be the last time.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:02 AM   #7  
n00b

S/C/G: 273/269/150

Height: 5'6"

mmm, let's see.

first time when i was 11/12, had to get special permission from a doctor. lost 30 pounds, shot up a couple of inches, and all was well until...

second time, i was 15. i was really embarrassed to go, but my mom was doing it, and i hated being called fat. if i knew then how gorgeous i was, i would have walked around nude!

third time, i went with my sister in law when i was 20 or 21 or so. then i broke up with my fiance, my stepdad got cancer, and i dropped out of college all at the same time. needless to say, i stopped going to WW soon after.

fourth time, (and hopefully my last!). i am 22, back in college, and this is the first time i got to over 10 pounds lost since the very first time. i am extremely proud, and i'm not sure why this is all working so well for me. i'm just working the program and hey, what do you know! it works!

i've never really considered another weight loss program. this one has always seemed like the best one for me.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Too many times to count, starting in 1970, but this last time is the one that's sticking.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:12 AM   #9  

I'm joining again tommorow and it will be the fourth time in about 4 years so I try about once a year. The thing with me is I have never found a leader I like I get bored at the meetings. This time I'm going to go to a mtng and if I don't like the leader I'll try another mtng till I find a leader I like.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:03 AM   #10  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

I started back in 1986 and have been back and worth since than.

bev
Old 04-29-2006, 03:53 PM   #11  
one step at a time

This is my first time. I'm doing the online version. I lost most of my weight following the 90/10 Plan, but I feel like I need to do something else to get rid of these last pounds.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 256/179/135

Height: 5'6"

I started back in 84 and got down to goal. Had a child in 88, back to WW and lost down again. had another child in 96 and I've been fighting the weight ever since. I've been on many other diets, but this is the only one I can do for life.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:34 AM   #13  
I love WATP!

S/C/G: 169/165/135

I started it one time before this ... always at home. The first time I did well for half a week

This time i've only been doing it for two days .. but last week I started watching what i ate more closley and have already dropped a pound. I know i'm not supposed to be weighing everyday but I weighed in this morning and another 3 lbs gone! (of course it wont really count till my next weigh in) So i'm def sticking with it this time!
Old 05-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 263.6/258.2/150

Height: 5'7

this is my second time starting.. i started the first time back in nov of 04...i was atteding meetings on a regular basis.. and was doing ok... but my mom got sick around the same time and past away four months later of cancer.. when she was going to chemo..i would go to a meeting here and there but really didnt follow the plan..i had made a promise to myself to lose the weight to make my mom pround (she was always worried about my weight since i was a kid)...but i went to a meeting a week after she had past and i completely broke down for the first time she had past on my way home... I would always go see her after my meetings, an she would always ask how i did, she was my support...so i didnt go back again... didnt want to feel that kind of pain again..wasnt ready to deal..

i started up again 2 weeks ago... i lost 2.3 pounds last week...yay me... lets see how i do this week..trying to stick with it this time...first meeting was hard to go back to... i felt embrassed going back...i felt like people were going to look at me like a failure... but not the case... now i have a wedding dress i need to fit into so, new goal... and i want to make myself proud of me....

good luck...we all can do it... even if we have set backs...doesnt mean its the end of the world....
Old 05-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #15  

In the past 2 years I have joined 7 times.
AND I will join again in the next two weeks.
BUT it will be different now. I feel I am ready to stick to it and reclaim my life!
Closed Thread