Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 12:29 PM   #1  

Question Hungry

I am on week 2 of WW (meetings). I'm at 24 points. I had oatmeal with almonds in it for Bfast - 4 points. Within an hour, I'm starving again so I ate my cottage cheese snack for 3 points, now it's been an hour and I'm ready for lunch. Am I not eating enough points per sitting? I thought if I added more protein in, that might help. Does anyone else have this problem? I have tried WW several times and always quit because I am starving! I want it to work this time.
Any thoughts!

Dawn
Old 03-21-2006, 12:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Dawn,
I'm at 29 points a day and was also hungry all the time, until I included bread into my meals and included exercises. Which I need to get more motivated with the exercises. I fall short there daily. I use 35 calorie a slice wh. bread. I find I struggle with wanting to eat more at times but on the flex points we have an extra 35 points a week to use as we wish. I use 5 extra points a day and I've found I'm not as hungry. Try to keep busy. If I sit in front of tv, laugh, I eat more. I find if I get on computer & surf I don't eat as much, laugh, whatever works, I say. Hope this helps and best of luck. Let me know how it goes, maybe we can help each other get through it. I think we all have good days & bad days. Take care & don't give up. Keep trying. Best wishes.
Teresa
Old 03-21-2006, 01:06 PM   #3  

Have you tried to eat more fiber? Fiber helps you stay fuller longer. I have found some high fiber muffins and they really help me stay full until my next meal when i eat them for Bkf. I have added wheat germ to my yogurt and that helps me too. I hope you can find your groove with this.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:13 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

1) are you getting in your 2 healthy fats a day?
2) are you getting in your 2 (3 for teens and over 50) dairy servings?
3) are you drinking your water?

Both of these things will help you feel more satisified. I have never ever felt hungry on W/W.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Default I do get quite hungry at times

I find if I space out my points more evenly throughout the day, I have a better time of it. Do you like raw veggies? They are crunchy and take a long time to eat, and most veggies are 0 points. I eat a salad nearly every day for lunch, and I always plan a sweet 1 point treat, such as a piece of dark chocolate, at the end of my lunch so I feel rewarded. Carbs are important for me to feel satisfied, and I always have a planned snack for when I get to work and have my tea.

My worst time is right now. It's 4:06 p.m. and I work until 5. By the time I get dinner on the table, I will be ravenous.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I was just flat out hungry the first 3-5 weeks, and after that would still have periodic days where 26 points where not even close to being enough.

If I took a guess, I bet my average intake pre-ww was 60-80 points per day easy. I am on week 9 now and have just in the last few weeks got to a point where I am used to eating less and not hungry all the time.

I tend to go for the higher fiber / protien stuff which keeps me full, but even at that it is still hard.

I was used to filling up on carbs, and I can't do that and stay on program.

Even last night I told my husband, "I sure do miss having seconds, 2-3 glasses of wine, a couple extra peices of french bread, and dessert." Dinner was great last night, pesto chicken with pasta, salad and french bread... but it would have been alot better with the works.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:34 PM   #7  

I wasgoing through the same thing too, then I switched to the Wendie Plan, which allowed for more points throughout the week (instead of the flex points). I think there is a sticky which talks about it here.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:37 PM   #8  

Thanks Everyone!
I increased the points at lunch and dinner to 10 each, knowing I will need to use 5 from my flex today and also exercise tonight for 2 points. i'm only on week 2 so I don't have the deal on working out yet and points. My leader said to take 1 pt for each 15 mins of exercise for now.

However, the higher points at lunch and dinner seemed to have helped somewhat (added one slice of bread with each too). I'm going to plan out tomorrow better and bring more fiber stuff for lunch and snacks at work. Planning really keeps me on track and tomorrow is my WI day!
thanks!
Dawn
Old 03-22-2006, 03:55 PM   #9  

adding vegetables will be a big help... even if you just add a cup or so of steamed veggies to lunch and dinner, you'll notice a big difference. now i just have to take my own advice!
Old 03-24-2006, 02:38 PM   #10  
Coop class of '82

I second the extra veggies comment. I take my lunch to work, it's usually a Lean Cuisine or WW dinner, and also take some frozen veggies in a container. I heat the veggies at the same time as my frozen dinner and it's amazing how it feels and looks like you're getting so MUCH to eat with no extra points.
Closed Thread