Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 10:17 AM   #1  
Max

Default Countdown to 275

Hello,

I've been on and off WW for over 3 years and had actually lost 68.2 lbs at one point. When I got to 68.2 lbs lost (September 1999), it was the first time that I was under 250 lbs in my adult life and I don't think I was ready for it, but now I am. After getting to 246.8 lbs for about 3 hours (I had a party right after my weigh in on that date and ate alot and I'm sure I never got back to that weight), I went through a period of gaining and losing and a month ago (June 22 to be exact) I found myself at 2 lbs lighter than my all time high of 315 lbs and decided to start WW again. I've been doing it on my own without the meetings for now and I've lost 22 lbs so far.

I used to post on the "100 lbs to go" group several months ago and now I've decided to start this thread. During the period where I was gaining and losing I tried the Atkins diet and I also tried using Xenical after a doctor's recommendation. I lost weight with those methods, but then I got bored.

I have set some aggressive goals for myself hoping they'll keep me OP on the weekends. The weekends have always been my toughest challenge, but now that my family is also trying to lose weight, hopefully they will be easier to overcome.

My first goal was to reach 289 by today and I missed it by 2 lbs, but that's OK, I will hopefully get there next Friday. I also would like to get to 283 lbs, so that I can proudly use the 10% key ring that I had received from WW. Don't get me wrong, I've been using the key ring all along, but when I get to 283, I will again be proud to have it and earned it. I would like to be done with this thread by the end of next month and move on to the 250 thread. I would also like to get to my all time low weight of 246.8 lbs by Thanksgiving. That will be hard to do and it will involve staying OP most of the time between now and November, but it will be worth it.

Hope to see some old faces and new ones too!

Last edited by Max; 07-20-2001 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-20-2001, 02:03 PM   #2  

Hi Max!

I have 100 pounds to lose (give or take a few - "Take them, please ) and I generally post to the 250 or 200 thread, because that's where I seem to be hovering lately. (We'll call it "maintaining", okay?).

You have done FANTASTIC with WW at home. I haven't been as successful, but I have little motivation and many excuses! Your goals seem to be specific. (I've read in many places that most people have goals that are too general. They know the direction they want to go, but don't state where they want to end up.)

You CAN do this. Be proud of your accomplishments thus far. It will be SO helpful that the rest of your family wants to get healthy, too.

All my best,
2oM (Annie)
Old 07-23-2001, 09:20 AM   #3  
Makin_it

Max,

It's good to hear that you haven't given up at trying to become that healthy person. I like you have tried WW and many other programs in the past with good short term success. I have lost about 104 and still need to lose 150 more. I don't know what the difference is for me this time round but I've taken the pressure off myself and the only goal I've set is sometime in 2002 and probably the end of the year I'm plan to make it to 170 pounds. I started WW again this time on Sept 12, 2000 so it's almost a year already but it sure has flown by.

I'm glad you started this thread, I usally post on the 250 board just because it was the one closest to my weight. I'll keep posint here too as long as this board stays active.

You have done very well and I know you can keep going, don't pressure yourself too much with goals, they can burn you if you don't make them. Take one day at a time and before you know it a year will have passed and you will have developed many new life-style changes and the weight will naturally take care of itself.

Hape a great OP day, and I hope you keep posting. This is a journey that we can take together.

Brenda
430/326.170 in 2002
Closed Thread