Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2001, 05:15 PM   #1  
WW since 4/00

Default 200 in 2001 - July 7th & onward!

Come one, come all to the thread where we don't let our weight weigh us down! New folks are welcome too! We don't bite (although we've been known to growl occasionally )

Last edited by Gizzi; 07-07-2001 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-07-2001, 08:56 PM   #2  

Wink doing well

I just wanted to say that I did well at the BBQ last night. I am very happy about that. Nights out like that always worry me, and hopefully after conquering a few more I won't get so nervous about them. I just finished my walking for today. I walk for 30 min but haven't checked how far it is. For the time being I am measuring myself in time. I have a bunch of errands to run tomorrow so I hope to get my walk in early morning before the errands and the rain that will be here soon.

Sally - Welcome to the boards and to WW. I started WW 3 weeks ago and I also joined this thread knowing I won't really be at 200 by the end of the year, but I hope to be closer to that number than 300. Good luck and I hope you do stick with the program. And definitely do treat yourself when you reach the mini goals that you have set for yourself.

Good luck to all and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Melissa
Old 07-07-2001, 09:30 PM   #3  
Senior Tortoise

Well, I'm up two pounds this week. After losing five pounds last week, I guess I should've expected it. But I am tired of this, so ... I just signed up for six months of Weight Watchers meetings. I have to do something different. I'm hoping that actually paying something and weighing in formally every week will be the impetus I need.

--Lauren
Old 07-08-2001, 09:54 AM   #4  
MAKING IT THIS TIME!!

Smile NEW AT THIS

Hi everyone. Am new at this posting thingy, but I have a long way to go and know I have to have or try something different this time. Have joined WW again (for the 100th time) LOL, but feel like I am going to do it this time.. Have to!! And maybe trying something like this might just help me keep on track and have fun doing it. Joined two weeks ago and lost 4.2 the first week and 2 this week.. A little harder as we get older. I would also like to be down to 200 by the end of the year. Am anxious to hear how everyone else does and will keep you informed on what I am doing. Ellie
Old 07-09-2001, 05:47 PM   #5  
WW since 4/00

Angry

Just made another minor goal. I checked my BMI & I'm no longer obese! I'm just overweight ...

Welcome, Ellie (& Mel - I think I forgot to say, "Hi" earlier). Courage, kids! I didn't think I'd ever make it below 200 either.
Old 07-09-2001, 08:05 PM   #6  
MAKING IT THIS TIME!!

Wink

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME!! Can you tell me what the three niumbers at the end of you replies mean. Had a pretty good day.. Trying to get the old 8 glasses of water down. Have a great day!!! Ellie
Old 07-10-2001, 12:54 PM   #7  
Senior Tortoise

Ellie, the three numbers are:

starting weight / current weight / goal weight

Well, tonight's my first meeting. In preparation, I've eaten THREE Asian meals in the last 24 hours. I'm wearing heavy jeans. I plan to drink a glass of water and eat a bagel right before I get on the scales, and I'll probably weigh in wearing my shoes. Hey, I want to see a loss next week!

Now if I could just get myself to exercise.

--Lauren
Old 07-10-2001, 07:59 PM   #8  

LOL Lauren!! You did what I've always done. I usually gave myself a week to eat any (and every) thing. Then when I weighed in after week one, there was no way that I had not lost. Good luck to you!
Old 07-11-2001, 05:46 AM   #9  

Angry New member

It is fun (encouraging) to read all the captions of your thoughts and feelings.
Lauren, when i was much younger and my mother used to go
to ww she to would eat all that she could before she weighed
in..............funny what lengths we go to to acheive that initial loss.
Gain is felt on many fronts.
she would also wear lots of jewellery the first week and never again.
well i am finding my way around a little better.
A question for anyone out there - how does one put up a nice
photo - pic on the side of message?
Is it difficult?
For the faint hearted?
Trilby
Old 07-12-2001, 08:47 AM   #10  
Senior Tortoise

Swan, I actually didn't overeat before I went to my first meeting (though I've certainly done that plenty of times in the past before starting a diet!). I was within points (mostly); it's just that I ate seriously salty food and even drank water and ate in the car on my way to the meeting, just so I could see that initial loss next week. Yes, it's pretty silly, isn't it. Oh, I did wear my shoes, too! But they were sandals, so it shouldn't make too much difference.

Anyway, the difference between my morning weight and my evening weight at the meeting after three meals, a ton of water, and wearing clothes and shoes was a whopping NINE pounds!! I must admit, I got a kick out of that.

I was pleased that I'm almost exactly where I was when I left there two years ago. That points to the strength of this program. I may not be tearing up the track losing weight, but I sure have learned how to maintain it!

I was sorry to see no one from when I was there before, but that was even the case when I left two years ago. No one remained from when I started a year and a half before that. The one exception was the woman who weighed me. She's an old-timer, and it was good to see her.

I was inspired by the meeting, learned some good tips -- like limiting your sugary foods to two points a day or 14 points a week, something I definitely haven't been doing. I'm glad to be back.

Trilby, check your other thread -- I answered your questions about posting pictures there.

--Lauren
279/229.4 (new WW weight)/207 (first 10 percent)
Old 07-12-2001, 06:43 PM   #11  
MAKING IT THIS TIME!!

[B][COLOR=seagreen]THANKS FOR THE INFO.. I DON'T THINK I WILL PUT MY 3 FIGURES DOWN UNTIL THE CURRENT ONE IS A LITTLE LOWER. THOUGHT I WAS READING MY OWN BIO THERE LAUREN WHEN YOU TALKED ABOUT WHAT YOU DO BEFORE REJOINING.. I DO WISH YOU LUCK, AND WE WILL MAKE IT THIS TIME.. ALWAYS FIGURED I SHOULD GET A METAL OR SOMETHING FOR REJOINGING THE MOST TIMES.
I REMEMBER WHEN YOU HAD TO HAVE LIVER ONCE A WEEK, AND FISH 5 TIMES A WEEK... YUCK ON BOTH COUNTS.. HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE.. I WEIGH SATURDAY MORNING. ELLEN
Old 07-12-2001, 09:24 PM   #12  

Angry i'm so excited

I am very excited. I didn't get to my meeting last week because of the holiday, but I did make it to mine last night. I was down 6 pounds. That makes a total of 16 for me and I am just starting my 5th week. I have been very much OP and I have journaled everything. I also have been at a high motivation point for me. I have more energy since I started walking and tonight I just joined a gym. I am very excited about that and I hope it goes well for me. This next week at work is going to be very crazy for me so I just hope I can make it to the gym regularly.

Well, I am also glad the weekend is almost here. I don't have any major palsn yet, but I do plan on being at the gym. Take care and good luck to all.

Melissa
Old 07-13-2001, 05:29 PM   #13  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Default Lauren, have you purged, yet?

All that salt, that is. Heehee :sneaky:

Howdy all,
It sure seems like a very long time ago that I last posted. Tomorrow I finally get to go back to my Saturday group and basically start over. I've had a case of the "don't wanna's " now for two months. Exactly the amount of time my DH has been out of work.
We still haven't put the house up for sale, but DH has gotten some good interviews. I'm putting a fire under his search when he returns from a short trip.

Kathy -I cannot even imagine your life right now. Sure hope those little ones enjoy your lovin'. You probably ought (or your son) to make a notebook and keep track of when the kids' mom calls and why, how much $$ you spend on them etc so you can have some sort of paper-proof when the time comes.

Lots of new folks here. A big HOWDY!! to you all and a wish that you find your journey full of fun and learning. And few sidetracks.

Gizzi-what did I miss about the 3FC site going down? And what other address should I use for your site? (found it, but not that page) Just haven't had the time to keep up with this stuff.

Last WI was at night and I was at 189. Hopefully tomorrow won't be that high, but I haven't been anywhere near OP. Lots of old, bad habits have had a reunion in my body. I feel sorta wimpy that I have let the stress of something I have no control over turn me into a lazy, unhealthy slob again. I even have had some caffeinated colas, which is a big no-no for me. Ugh. I feel terrible and have no desire to get it in gear. Tomorrow I start taking some vitamin supplements to try and get an energy kick. It's not something I've ever done before, so I am very skeptical. But, if it helps me get going again, it will be worthwhile.

Sorry to be so morose. Y'all be good!
Old 07-14-2001, 02:10 PM   #14  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all!

Just had to drop in again and post my new starting weight. I am considering this my new first day at WW. It was wonderful to attend my old Saturday group. Even though I was really,really late. When I walked in, I was goin to sneak to the back, but my leader said,"Oh, there's Dora!" So I grinned and marched up to be with the front row gang. Was too late to use my cowbell, but next week it'll sound out again!

Made the mistake of taking my DD out to Starbucks for coffeeand biscotti. I thought the tall,skim coffees were 2 points. BUT, the sweetened ones like I got (Viennese, yummy) are 5 and up! What a way to start the day. Oh, well, I needed to get that broccoli and other free veggies in anyhow.

I HAVE to mow today and we've had several days of temps over 100 degrees. Since I have lots of shade, I may just do one section that's shaded, then go work in the house.

After a frank discussion with a pool chemical store owner, I have decided that I want to sell this house regardless of whether the hubster gets a job here. What an expensive future we face. So many new neighborhoods here have a pool/rec center paid for by HOA dues that I would much rather let them deal with the maintenance and chemicals and go to swim as a social event. So, we may not sell today, with all the layoffs the pricing could be low, but I'm thinking it's gonna happen.

I've yakked long enough. And am getting a wierd buzz from these vitamins. So far, I am not liking them at all. Good thing I can get my money back. But if it helps me get back on track, so be it.

Love you all! Thanks for listening.
Old 07-14-2001, 05:44 PM   #15  

Thumbs down

Hi Everyone-
I'm new to this posting stuff, but thought that this seemed like a good group to join. I've been a Weight Watchers member for about 9 months and have lost 57 pounds so far. My problem is that for the last 3-4 months I've only lost about 10. It seems that I'm on a never ending plateau that I just can't seem to break through. I lose a pound, then gain a pound, lose two pounds, then gain back a pound. Any suggestions????

I am so hoping to get under 200 sometime soon. Only 7 more pounds to go!

Good luck to everyone and I'll check back with you later.

Robin
264/207/155
Closed Thread