Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #1  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Talking Sick of being fat<--Hand waving in the air

Anyone else tired of being fat? me ME MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE meeeeee!
I am having a pity party today and must say that I am soooo sick of having to watch what I eat and exercise. I will say that I AM TOTALLY aware that everything that I put into my mouth has constituted the FAT on my A**. (Hips, thighs, chin**which one?** arms and gut). I have been a fat slob for too long and need to find myself again. I need to get my butt in gear and exercise...stop looking for a magic way......some gimic that might work and start MOVING!

I ate some weight control oatmeal for breakfast and then calculated points for it.........by the time I was done.....10 points! Yes...count them 10~! So, I put together a pot of 0 veggies soup and will eat on that today when I think I am hungry. That is my lunch which means I really only have to worry about dinner and I have some "diet meals" that I will make myself tonight. I just want to say that I appreciate ya'll letting me vent and express myself.
Have a GREAT day ya'll!
I know I am going to NOW!!
Old 01-24-2006, 11:30 AM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Kelly Jo - yep! been there myself

Sometimes you have to get to the point where you are totally fed up with yourself and accept the responsibility, forgive yourself and then do something about it- you seem to be at the point right now - good going, you are now taking steps in the right direction

Can I ask how many points you get per day and how you ended up with a 10 point breakfast?

Maybe I or some of the ww'ers here can give you some pointers on how to get in some low-point yet filling meals
Old 01-24-2006, 12:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

At 147, I am not all that heavy right now, but I know that something could send me over the edge and I could eat myself right back up to 180 lbs. if I am not vigilant. I hate it that I have to watch what I eat for the rest of my life. But at the same time, I am very grateful that I have been able to keep the bulk (sorry!) of my weight in check for about nine years, and have only gotten up to 155 at the highest. This is just a struggle that some of us will have for the rest of our lives, sad to say.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:22 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I have 1 packet of the weight control oatmeal and it's 3 points. 2 packets of instant oatmeal (depending on the flavor) is 5 points. Other filling breakfast ideas:

2 egg whites and one yolk, scrambled with 3 slices of canadian bacon (5 points)
2 hardboiled eggs and 3 slices of real bacon (6)
yogurt and fresh fruit with granola (5)

Let us know what your preferences are and we can come up with some suggestions!
Old 01-24-2006, 12:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Mostly I have cereal and milk for 3 or 4 points

If I have OJ, that adds another point or two, depending on how much I drink. It's good to keep points in the earlier part of the day on the lower side, so you can have a more satisfying dinner and allow for a snack or two.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:00 PM   #6  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Thanks ya'll. My eyes are a little bigger than my belly and I go for quantity (I know....the reason I am BIG) I ate 2 pkts with a little reg mixed in and a splash of milk. I just got back on today and made some soup (o pts) and will eat that for snacks and lunch and start better tomorrow. I usually only tend to eat 4/5 pts for breakfast. I went a little overboard today.

I get 26 points a day and divvy that up accordingly.
Thanks for all the hints...I will surely put them to good use!
Old 01-24-2006, 10:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/198/145

Height: 5'8

another great breakfast idea!
MY mcmuffin
fried egg no butter a little dabble of oilve oil if needed
fat free kraft american cheese
slice of canadian bacon
ww english muffin or light muffin worth 1 point
total 4-5 points depending on oil! And filling I love it sometimes I even eat for dinner
Closed Thread