Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 03:25 PM   #1  

Question Newbie, how many meetings to get materials?

I am a newbie! I have lurked here for a few days and I am really impressed by the dedication of the members of this group.

How many meetings do I have to attend to get the basic materials? I am breastfeeding and a vegetarian, so I think that WW is the only way to go. I would like to take advantage of the special going on right now where registration and first meeting cost only $15. However, I want to attend the minimum number of meetings possible and then do this on my own with the support of this forum.

So what are the basic materials, and when do they give them to you? I cannot find a local number to call.

Thank you for your advice.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:31 PM   #2  
**Nadine Marie**

S/C/G: 173/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'6"

im a new member also, my 2nd meeting (first weight in) is tomorrow, i believe you learn all the basics the first 3-4 weeks. because i know we havent learned how to calculate points earned by exercise, i say do it for a month then you can stop going. I may be doing the same because im only 18 and i dont work full time to afford this diet plan full time.
-Nadine
Old 01-25-2006, 03:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Default You'll get a booklet the first night

But I really hope you'll be able to attend weekly for awhile. When you are new at weight loss, the information is invaluable, and the support you get at meetings is great. I am a lifetimer, and I don't go often any more; but whenever I need a kick in the pants, I make an appearance.

I lost like mad when I was breastfeeding my third child and on WW. Of course, that was 21 years ago, and the program then was the Exchange Program (it was great). I see in the first week's booklet that there is a section especially for veg'ns, and a section especially for nursing moms. I'm a veg'n too; glad to see you here! (Actually I eat fish, but my H is a true veg'n).
Old 01-25-2006, 05:38 PM   #4  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

My personal opinion, from what I have experienced and read is that you shouldn't be scheming on when you can stop going, but go to each meeting and soak up what you can. I have yet to go to a meeting where I don't learn something: a new recipe, a great tip, a yummy treat low in points, a new activity....... I'll know when (or even IF) I can stop going and still continue my journey successfully. THe biggest thing I get out of going to those meetings every week is ACCOUNTABLITY. I can lie to me, and I can lie to my dh, and I can even lie to my PIC's here on 3FC... but when it comes time to weigh-in, I can't fib about that scale. 1 week gain = uh oh. 2 weeks gain = hmmmmm what's goin on. by the 3rd week in a row I was gaining it was time to fess up. I've only been doing WW for about 8 weeks, but i didn't start following it seriously until about 1 week ago. heh, I was still tweaking it to fit MY agenda. LOL I know WW works, and (for ME anyways) I need the meetings and the face to face. 3fc is AWESOME. Don't get me wrong, but it's a lot easier to mis-account when you don't have to look your new friends in the eyes...
THat's just my opinion.. sorry for the book here lol. Good Luck to you Tho!!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:14 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

You get all the official hand outs in 12 weeks. Some of those weeks are just recipes and others have helpful info.

However many people have been successful on their own. Why didn't you just join online or order the at home program?
Old 01-25-2006, 08:19 PM   #6  

I'm not convinced the meetings are helpful for their information- I know all of what they are saying already. But the meetings keep me focused and it starts the week off on a different foot! It's an hour to myself without the kids and it's making me a better me!
Old 01-25-2006, 11:28 PM   #7  

Default Thanks for the advice

I have two little kids, and no childcare. So taking them to meetings by myself and trying to get them to sit still while we discuss things they consider boring sounds very difficult to me.

I did the online program once before, but due to the lack of a printer it seemed too confusing.

What about the at home program? I thought that was only available in certain zip codes where they don't have meetings?
Old 01-26-2006, 08:49 AM   #8  

Lightbulb at home plan

Look for the at home plan on ebay, my friend is thinking about getting that for her hubby.

Old 01-26-2006, 09:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Could you leave them with hubby one night a week?

I had three kids four and under, and getting out without them one night a week was a real treat for me. My ex-h took care of them; they were his kids too, after all. You deserve some time to yourself to take care of your health. And I don't think you are supposed to take little kids to meetings, anyway. They would be too distracting, as you said...nothing there to interest them.
Closed Thread