Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 12:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Default I've been a lifetime member for 22 years

I was slim and trim until the babies started coming at 24. After the first two, I joined a weight loss salon for women called "Gloria Stevens." It was wonderful, but after my third child, GS had bitten the dust. I turned to WW, and lost the 20 lbs. I had gained during pregnancy. I never was successful at keeping it off, however, and tried all different plans, such as Jenny Craig (BORING!) In a desperate try to save my failing first marriage, I tried Stop the Insanity! The marriage failed anyway, but the program worked, and I got down to 128 lbs. at 5'4". I looked fabulous at age 42, if I do say so myself. Met my second H a couple of years after that. He's a vegetarian and health conscious, so in cooking for and eating with him, I maintained my weight loss for years. In the past couple of years, though, as I headed into my 50s, I found I need help once again to get my weight under control. SB did not work for me; nothing I tried was working. Now I am trying WW once again, with a Sonoma twist. And I have joined the Y. I have 15 to 20 lbs. to lose. ...the most ironic thing is that my first H, who told me that I was unattractive to him at my highest weight of 180 lbs., is now very much overweight and is married to an overweight, but extremely wealthy, woman. And my current husband is trim and handsome, and four years younger than I am to boot. Karma?
Old 01-23-2006, 12:45 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Gotta love that Karma!

I'm finding that each milestone in age presents new weight problems

I was an overweight teen - lost a lot and maintained throughout my 20's then started gaining again in my 30's. I'll be 40 in two years so I am expecting new challenges in maintaining my weight & health.

I find that WW is the only plan that has worked for me. I do the lower/better carb version but use Flex not Core as I need to count my points.

Welcome to the boards and good luck with your weigh loss
Old 01-23-2006, 01:26 PM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Karma is a *&^%%!!

Welcome back!

I was a thin kid but when I got my, um -- monthly friend -- at the ripe old age of 11, well, my body changed and I can't remember NOT being heavy.

I did fit into my old prom dress and my Sweet 16 dress when I went home to NY 2 weeks ago, so that's something. I will be 30 in 2 years and am not looking forward to it. When I hit 25, I got acne for the first time in my life!

Anyway, enough of my talking. Good luck to you! I am sure you can do it once again!
Old 01-24-2006, 09:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Default You're just a baby chick at 30!

I turned 50 last fall, although I don't feel 50! I have been very fortunate to avoid any major illnesses, am still fairly flexible, and have not yet colored my hair (I'm a born redhead and have very few grays as yet). It's really true that you're as young as you feel. The major difference I have noted is that ol' reproductive system demon rearing its ugly head. My doctor has put me on oral progesterone; I hope it will help. Appearance is important to me, so that's my No. 1 motivator to control my weight -- but a huge benefit will be if I can avoid the diabetes that plagues my mother's sisters and brothers and that caused my grandmother to lose her leg. They are all overweight, so I'm hoping if I exercise and keep my weight down to a reasonable level, I might just escape.
Closed Thread