Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 08:36 AM   #16  

Thank you Huntersmommy for the words of advice. Just a worry wart here. I failed at this one time before ~ I dont wanna do it again~ Iam all up for losing it this time~ Helps me alot to have everyones support here.

Ps How do you get the ticker in on post I have tried it but cant get it in~
Old 12-27-2005, 10:20 AM   #17  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Happy Dec 27th!!......Yeah, I guess life starts to get back to normal now. Dh left today for a 3 day trip and when he gets back late on Thursday....he's picking his parents up at the airport. Not sure if I'm ready for their visit, but it will be nice to see them. MIL has a gazzillion food allergies and she's already told me that first thing on Friday, we are heading to the natural food store,...Whole foods to get her food. Normally she brings a suitcase full but obviously she's getting wise in her old age!! We'll be eating just the bare basics of food....plain meat (no seasonings, no sauces, no coatings) and fresh steamed veggies...(thats great and okay with me!!) but dh finds it very monotonous. I will do her meats in another pan some of the time, as I get tired of it also. We'll see....

How is everyone doing? Goodies all gone? Presents all put away? House back to normal yet? hehe...not for me anyways. I am excited though...the gym is open today!!! yeah!! I got a couple of good walks in but thats about it. The weather here today is CRAZY!!!....going to be a high of 60F!!!

Cryket.....lets see? there is a sticky (permanent thread) at the tops of most thread divisions about how to post your tracker. You need to go to 'user CP' heading and then click on 'edit your signature' once inside. They have a menu where you click on the pictures you want, marker you want and if you want to put weight change or pounds lost. You then highlight it all and enter it back into your 'signature box'. I always fudge it up and have to re-do it several times ....again and again. I may not be the best person to tell you... How did your weigh in go? Don't get discouraged....there are many ways to judge your weight loss than just the scale. For the first while, you may be building muscle rather than just burning fat...so you may see a bit of a gain. HANG IN THERE!!!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:30 PM   #18  

Hello again~ thank you angel-eyes for the help~ I dont weigh in until tonight, I usually weigh in on Monday nights but they didnt have it. Wish me luck. Im trying to hang in

Good luck everyone

Hum says I lost 14 but its 13.5 not sure why it wont put right thing in there. Maybe I wont have to change it after tonights weigh in

Last edited by cryket34; 12-27-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:20 PM   #19  

Default Hi!

Count me in. I'm not officially starting until next Tuesday because this next weekend we have a HUGE weekend planned and then we're emptying the house and my hubby, mom & dad are all going to do WW with me. So... I'll be hanging out and really hitting it hard after the New Year. Also, my dh is a full-time student who is transferring schools and his new school has a brand new workout facility free to students and discounted for family of students... so... we're going to work out together too!!! Plus I start broomball (mix of boot hockey & soccer - on ice) after the first of the year as well. Bring on the 180s I'm ready to get this ball rolling!
Old 12-27-2005, 04:22 PM   #20  
soon to be goddess

Well hello Bobaloola!!! Isn't broomball great? I played in a bonspeil once to help a freind out of a tight spot and loved it!!! You certainly seem to have everything in place to start the year off. Good luck with that and wow!!! free gym membership? gotta love that dh.

Cryket....the tracker thing-y only measures full pounds. Good luck with your weighin!!
Old 12-27-2005, 04:34 PM   #21  

Thanks angel-eyes! It's also great to find someone who knows what I'm talking about when I say I'm playing broomball. Next to hockey (played for 9 years and coached for 6) it's one of the best games around!! LOL
Old 12-27-2005, 08:12 PM   #22  

Hello Everyone~ I weighed in tonight and I stayed the same ~ I will take that~ No to work harder for next weeks weigh in.

Good luck Everyone
Old 12-27-2005, 09:51 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Hi everyone, I'm in. I'm new to this site but have been lurking a bit lately.

I would like to lose 10 pounds by ground hog day. I went back to WW last Monday but skipped this week and didnt' follow my points last week. I think I will make it to next Monday's meeting. Hopefully I didn't get too off track last week!!!
Old 12-27-2005, 11:52 PM   #24  
soon to be goddess

Hi ya Jaaaacki and welcome!! I think your 10 lb goal by Feb 2nd is very doable BUT you gotta journal. I know I know...but it really works. I didn't journal for the longest time and then couldn't figure out why I was up and down like a teeter totter for over 1 month. duh? Now I am religious about using it everyday. It also helps me to pin point times when I might have used too much salt (ie ham) or when I didn't get all my veggies in. Good luck!!

Cryket.....phew, I'd take a maintain ANY DAY!!! Good job. Now you know what you need to do for next weeks weigh in. How's the treadmill coming along?
Old 12-28-2005, 08:15 AM   #25  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

life is back to normal around my house we didnt have any goodies in the house during the holiday other than hunters lil chocolate santa and my lil guy ate that up all by himself. our christmas tree is already taken down and back in the attic and the door decoration is put away to so you wouldnt know that we had christmas here other than the tons of toys laying around my lil guy had a great christmas.

angel-eyes i hope the visit with in laws goes really well wow that must be hard having all those allergies for her and then for you trying to accomadate and make sure everything is perfect for her bout the only seasoning i use these days is a lil molly mcbutter on my veggies sometimes find that if i get just a little bit of salt i blow up like a balloon

lyndsay welcome to the challenge sounds like you have the workouts and everything figured out and you are ready to go thats so great and what a great way to start the new year by getting healthy

cryket i am glad the scale didnt show a gain you keep pluggin away girl and you are going to see how much that working out and water drinking pays off.

jaaaacki welcome to the challenge you can do it i find that writing everything down before it goes in my mouth is a great thing to do cause when i write it down i find i really think alot harder bout what i'm eating and if the pts are worth it. you can do this girl
Old 12-28-2005, 11:21 AM   #26  
soon to be goddess

Morning all..... I can't remember who was telling me about the JennieO turkey bacon but I bought some and its pretty good!! I'm surprized. Lately my breakfast routine is 2 toasted lc whole wheat sandwich with a cheese slice in the middle. Well, the turkey bacon is a nice add to that and extra protein to boot!! Thanks for the idea.

Well I am off to the gym in a minute, I haven't been in a while and although I'm loving my walks/ipod....I feel like I'm letting too many days slide. My food as been great and OP, but I gotta go or else... I don't know. I bought some new workout stuff yesterday; a cool XL....thankgod the 1X's are gone!!!

Angie....All the Christmas is packed up? oh no...tell me it isn't so!!! I hate packing my decorations up, we leave it until after New Years and with my in-laws coming....it will wait until they go home on the 5th!! How was Hunter with all the decorations? I couldn't keep my young'uns out of the tree, or the cat for that matter. They are much better now. A tradition we started with decorations is.....every year I buy a new tree ornament for their Christmas picture. My oldest is 12 and the youngest is 8...nice to have a collection of them over the years. They absolutely love spreading them all out and talking about each ornament. I put their age and year on the backs, so they know.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:17 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Angel-eyes and Huntersmommy~When I am religiously following the plan I write it all down. I find that during the day I hoard my points then I am left with a bunch in the evening. I guess I figure I can't go without snacking while watching TV. I need to stop eating after 7.

I weighed myself this a.m. on my own scale and I was up 1 pound since my ww weigh in 2 weeks ago. So that's not bad considering what I've been eating. I still haven't decided if I'll go in for meetings or not. Its tough...I have a 1 year old who doesn't like to be confined to the stroller if its not moving. If I go to WW it will be this Friday. So hopefully I'm down a teeny bit.

Thanks for the welcome!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 03:58 PM   #28  

ok ladies, Count me in. I will add the new tracker after my next weigh in. Im thinking 10lbs sounds like a good goal to go for, that would be about 2lbs a week.

Hey Cryket, are you doing your treadmill everyday? Are you eating your activity points? Are you eating below or above your point level? Sorry about all the questions just wanting to get some ideas for you on how to give your body a boost on the scale.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:09 PM   #29  

Sorry to barge in... WELCOME Anna!! And just a thought on the points thing. You asked if Cryket ate above or below her points. I just want to stress to everyone NOT to go under points too often. I made that mistake and thought, well, 18 points 2 days a week and 20 3 days a week is good right. NOPE I gained big time. Tried it another week as a sort of punishment because I must have done something wrong the week before. Well, I gained again... turns out that my body HATED the fact that I wasn't feeding it enough. Your body needs a certain amount of energy at a certain weight. The higher the weight, the more food for more energy to handle the extra load (sorry... that's blunt). The lighter, the less food because your metabolism is up and taking care of the energy with what you are taking in. Just keep that in mind. If you need an extra boost... try shaking it up. Try eating more points in the morning and less at night. Or different foods, different recipes, different activities. Most people automatically attack their points when they want to push things forward. Start at the less obvious things... they may solve your dilemma!!
Old 12-28-2005, 05:44 PM   #30  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

angel eyes that is so neat the ornament tradition yup all my christmas decorations are all put up my lil guy knocked my tree over two times this year so i'm kinda glad that i have it put away now we usually leave it up till the first of january but, with all the new toys i was running out of room for everything.

my lil guy hates being in the stroller to so going to the meetings is usually a challenge but, i love going its something just for me
Closed Thread