Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 10:03 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of Dec 19, 2005

Good morning!

I hope everyone had a productive weekend! I had a party on Friday evening and probably ate more than I should have in terms of the cheesy type things but it's not something I do on a regular basis and it was the only party I attended.

Afterwards DH and I went shopping and I was able to get the things I needed for the boys. I feel a little better in that regard. Sunday I spent making my nutrolls and came away with only a small burn on my knuckle, which is a feat in itself. I usually end up with multiple oven burns from trying to hurry and not watching what I'm doing.

I'm most likely taking tomorrow off and am hoping to get some baking/wrapping done.

So how's everyone else doing?

Susan: Congrats on getting the condo! I know what you mean about the room seeming smaller.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:43 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, thanks for getting us started. I was so busy yesterday at work, I never even lurked here. I'll bet your nut rolls are great. My mother makes really good ones too; we always called it kolachi. I laughed when I read your no burns comment. I burned my knuckles baking a couple weeks ago--ouch.

We went to several parties in the last few days. I've given up on eating right. I'll get back on track in the New Year. I am keeping up my running and walking and drinking water.

Today I have a performance with my singing group. Sang in the Messiah on Sunday; that was really great. The rest of the week should be quiet. I'm really looking forward to the Christmas break next week--I need a break.

Hello, Susan, lala, Austin, and Pam.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:57 PM   #3  

Hi Ladies,

Hope you all had a nice weekend! We had a nice time in Burlington once we finally got there. It was raining here, but once we crossed the VT line it was pure snow. Normally it's a 3 1/2 hour drive, but it took us 5 hours. My Christmas shopping is almost complete, just a few more small purchases to make. I've decided to make ham for Christmas dinner, I think we're all turkied out! We have one Christmas get together to go to tonight and one on Friday and I think that should do it. My eating has been completely out of control. I signed up here at my office to participate in the Winter Meltdown. Hopefully weighing in each work with my coworkers will help motivate me to finally lose the extra 5 lbs I'm carrying around.

Susan congrats on purchasing the condo. I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Hi to Lisa, Lala and Melissa.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:43 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Must go back and read last week.

Back here in Seattle after well, a trying return and coming home to an unwanted houseguest of the rodent variety. I can't tell you how much I am grateful that we have a place to go and that our pest guy came out yesterday and hopefully everything is under control.

Okay, enough of the depressing....

We bought a tree, we can't put it up, so we bought a small one and decorated it at my parents along with buying some little things at crate and barrel to liven up the place. It looks much more like christmas there.

They come in tomorrow, so we'll vacate and go to a hotel. and until we are assured there are only two of us in the house.

Shopping - not done.

Work- piling up.

Eating - better than expected.

Cold - better, but I sound like a frog.

Dinner at our house - Christmas - on hold until we are sure there are only two footed folks at home. Maybe at my parents, a bit depressing, but may be the only solution.

I didn't get to weigh myself before I left, but based on my clothes, I think I either lost a bit or maintained. I did really well until we got to St. John in London and I fell in love with a ginger steamed pudding.

Oh well.

I am going to update blog with good things and upload our pics.

I wish I could say that I'm done with presents, but DP and I are going to celebrate Twelfth Night instead.

More later.

lala
Old 12-21-2005, 09:15 AM   #5  

Good morning! I had a really productive day yesterday--I am so glad I was off and had the energy/stamina to get things done. I baked 3 different kinds of cookies, another batch of nutroll, wrapped Christmas presents and finally collapsed! It felt good to get everything done that I needed to and the added bonus was getting some wrapping done!

I didn't do bad with eating cookies, I had 2 of each kind and that was it so that was a little victory there.

Lala: I hope your critter problem is taken care. Nothing like having unwanted guests in the house when you return from a trip! I still have a couple of things to pick up before I'm done with my shopping. It's mainly stocking stuffers for the boys.

Pam: I'm glad you made it to Burlington without too much trouble. It's no picnic driving in bad conditions. My goal is to just get through the next few days and then buckle down with my eating. I'm still going to my meetings and that's helped with keeping my weight in check. I'm 6# from where I want to be.

Lisa: I made poppyseed rolls yesterday--they're not my favorite but it's something we have on Christmas Eve dinner. I managed to get one little burn on the top of my hand but like I said, this year I came away with a lot fewer battle scars!

Hi to Susan, Austingal!!
Old 12-21-2005, 10:15 AM   #6  

lala, sorry about your unwanted guest. I hope that it's taken care of. I'm glad you had a nice trip to Italia.

Melissa, sounds like you worked hard yesterday, but it's a good feeling, right? Actually, I like poppyseed rolls. I'm glad you're still going to your meetings; that will help you stay on track.

Pam, sorry about the weather for your drive to Burlington. That's frustrating and nerve-wracking at the same time.

Hello, Susan and Austin.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:27 PM   #7  

Lisa: Yes, I worked my tail off yesterday and I feel really good about where I'm at with Christmas stuff. Tonight we're decorating our tree--it's up with the lights on it so the ornaments won't take long.

Just a quick blurb to let you know I was down 1# at my WI today! Totally surprised since TOM is due tomorrow. Go figure I'm not complaining in the least.

It's snowing again--so I'm sure I'll be cleaning my car off at the end of the day.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:24 PM   #8  

Melissa, congrats on the loss (I like surprises like that). DH and I are going to the mall tonight just to watch other people (sick, right?) Well, also sometimes there are really good deals at this time before Christmas. Today I received a recognition award at work and it included some gift certificates. You've already had a rough winter, haven't you?
Old 12-22-2005, 04:12 PM   #9  
si, si signora

Hi everyone.

Melissa - yeah.

Lisa -- how was mall watching.

Having a stressful day here and unfortunately it came complete with a sugar cookie. Oh well, that will be it for the day.

Got the all clear from mr. rodent so we're good to go for christmas. Need to run up to the drugstore to buy more glass balls for our own festive vases etc.

So, things are on the up and up. I think.

lala
Old 12-22-2005, 04:37 PM   #10  

lala, I didn't see as many crazy shoppers as I thought I would. I didn't really find anything for me either.

Well, ladies, I'll probably not be on this site too much this weekend and next week, so Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:21 PM   #11  
si, si signora

merry christmas and happy new year to you too!

still feeling like crap, so i'm staying put today, we still need one strand of light for the tree - blue, this may be impossible to find.

I'll be around all next week, I'm swamped with work (oh wait, nevermind, I'm going to Portland one day), shoot.

So, happy holidays to you all! you are the bestest!

fa la la
Old 12-23-2005, 02:25 PM   #12  

Hi Ladies,

Just popping in to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas. I should be around next week, just taking off Monday and Friday. Talk to you all later.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:41 PM   #13  

Merry Christmas!!! Have a great holiday everyone!

Our offices are closed all next week but I'll be able to pop in from home. I've got to finish up some last-minute things (like making chex mix) but for the most part I'm pretty much set.

Lala: Hope you feel better; good luck finding a strand of blue lights!
Closed Thread