Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 09:39 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - Week of Nov. 14/05

It's over - he won't even consider counselling to provide some closure. My heart is breaking. I hope to be back later, but right now, I just hurt all over.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:03 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Aaah, Susan, I was hoping that after his trip that you would be able to get things worked out. Sounds like he's closed the door without even trying. Try to keep your chin up.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:18 PM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Susan, I'm so sorry. I had hoped that you two would work it out.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:45 AM   #4  

Went to WI last night and I'm down 5 pounds! Yes, I'm happy, but remember when I told you that I gained 4 pounds last month?? I really think there was something wrong with the scale last month at the WW place.

How's everyone else?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:15 AM   #5  

Lisa: Congrats on the weight loss!!! It does make you wonder if something was wrong with the scale. We check ours on a regular basis to make sure they are all calibrated.

It's balmy this morning--temps hovering aroud 55 and it's suppposed to get into the 60's and then drop. I've heard "snow" in the forecast but I don't think it's supposed to stick. I haven't been the best in terms of my journal and eating--I'm really trying to get myself back on track. Last night I planned a snack and then didn't eat anything afterwards. It's such a hard habit to break once you start it back up. I did get out at noon and walk so I'm doing better with that. I need to work in more exercise and I know that would help with my eating.

The weekend was on the quiet side--did the usual laundry, house-type stuff. I really wanted to get my car washed/waxed but didn't get to it. Maybe this weekend if it's nice.

Hi to Lala, Austin, Pam! Hope you're all doing well!
Old 11-15-2005, 01:42 PM   #6  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

back from London where it was sunny and cold but sunny and lovely. I can't say the eating was outstanding or that I did anything really amazing, but It was nice to just be away from home with DP and somewhere I love.

I will post on my blog about our trip, I haven't really done so yet with pics.

Susan -- I'm sorry as this seems to have come out of left field and not mutual. The only advice I can try to offer is to keep on with individual counseling, try and seek the support of your family, keep running and try and keep things normal, which seems to be an oxymoron, because sometimes routine can be comforting.

I send you good vibes and hope that everyday things will get easier.

Lisa - wow, good for you. I don't even want to know how much I weigh. I am waiting for dec 18th to start, that is when travel ends.

Melissa --- We had to scrape last night when we picked up our car from the airport. That was painful, fall is turning into winter.

This week I am going to try journalling. Really.

Hi to Pam! Austin and everyone else. I am going to try and stay more in touch. I'm really finding out that support is everything and that being accountable is the only way I'm going to make it back to goal.

lala
Old 11-15-2005, 02:04 PM   #7  

Thanks, lala. My weekend was busy with golf, arts and crafts show, and a play. DH and I saw Urinetown the Musical. It's an odd show, but had some interesting music.

Tonight my musical group and I are getting together to plan our Christmas shows, one religious and one not so religious. We have 7 bookings in December!
Old 11-16-2005, 09:10 AM   #8  
si, si signora

Hi everyone.

Lisa -- I need to google urinetown, I keep on hearing of it, but no idea what it is about. I think it would great to hear you sing.

I am starting to get christmas catalogs galore, they go straight into the recycle bin, but now I'm thinking, can I get shopping done before thanksgiving? She grins evily and wonders if she can drag her mom hither and yon on Wednesday?

Other than that, got up early (5 am), puttered and picked up detritus (house is clean other than detritus) and getting ready to get gym for a 3 mile walk today - goal.

Class tonight and then TJ's shop for thanksgiving. The market called on Monday to tell me they couldn't get me a free range goose for Saturday, so now I need to sort that out.

How is everyone else?

lala
Old 11-16-2005, 12:46 PM   #9  

Hi Ladies,

I'm back to gray dreary New England after a beautiful sunny trip to Miami. We left Friday morning and stayed at a hotel right on South Beach. On Saturday we drove to the Keys which was a kind of long drive, but well worth it. A lot of hurricane damage and still a lot of debris that needs to be picked up, but everything was open. The people we met were all so nice. On Sunday we saw the Patriots play the Dolphins and luckily the Pats won but not until the final few minutes of the game. The temps were in the 80's and it was the first time I ever watched a footbal game wearing only shorts and a tee shirt. Out here when you see a Pats game your usually wearing a big heavy winter coat and gloves and it's snowing. On Monday we drove around Miami and visited the University of Miami campus. It really was a nice little trip..my first visit to southern Florida!

Susan my heart breaks for you. Try and take care of yourself, see a therapist and make sure you have a good support group around you. I know you and your sister are close, don't be afraid to lean on people or ask for help. I was divorced back in 1995 and my sister was a big help to me. Keep your chin up things do eventually get better.

Lisa congrats on the 5 lb loss. Glad you enjoyed the music in "Urinetown". I love the part of the country you live in

Lala I think I'm going to do some of my shopping by catalogue this year too. I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week! Luckily I don't have to cook my sis will be doing that! Glad you and DP had a nice time in London. My eating was not very good either this past week. Too much seafood and too many Mojitos on the beach!

Melissa we've got the same weather here. It's in the 60's today but will drop into the low 40's tomorrow and get colder as the week goes on. The dreaded snow will be here soon I'm sure.

Well ladies I should get back to work. I'll talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:29 PM   #10  

lala, Urinetown is definitely a different kind of show. I like some of the catalogs because I get ideas. Then I either shop or go on the Internet to shop. I've started my shopping and am about 1/3 done. That's funny about the goose. One of my coworkers is having goose for Thanksgiving and I had to admit that I've never tasted one.

Pam, I'm so glad you like my home state. It is pretty here. The Pats-Fish game was pretty exciting. What did you think of South Beach?
Old 11-16-2005, 05:10 PM   #11  
si, si signora

Hi Ladies,

Crap day here. My condo sale fell through and I'm pissed because the realtor told my parents first and they opted to not tell me because they didn't want to make me worry.

WTF?

1. who is paying the realtor? me or them?
2. worry? I am more than worried and I'm worried, pissed and cannot trust either of them and that really makes me sad.

FUMING.

thanks for letting me rant.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:04 AM   #12  

lala, why wouldn't your parents tell you? Didn't they think you should know? I'm with you--rant away.

Speaking of realtors, my elderly friend, Betty, just put her house on the market a few weeks ago. Her husband has Alzheimer's and she needs a smaller place. Well, she hired a realtor (someone she knows from church) that no one really knows and the house is not moving. Where I live is the 6th hottest real estate market in the U.S. This realtor who brags a lot has not brought one person in. Other realtors have because of MLS. It just makes me mad!

Guess what?? I'm staying home tonight. Usually I sub in a bowling league, but no subs needed tonight. Last night was choir practice and it was okay.

I'm bummed. DH got his holiday schedule and he is working Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas. That means we can't see my family for Christmas without two days together to make a visit. I guess we could visit after Christmas or something. My parents will not be happy.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:46 AM   #13  
si, si signora

I'm sorry for your friend and their crappy realtor, I am also in the same place -- hot market, so I'm thinking of just taking it off and renting it again. After nearly 18K in repairs, you think I could sell it. ARGH.

Even if I rent for 1800 bucks, I will be barely paying back my home equity loan and god knows that two people will move in and then they will sublet to two more grad students with a pool table and big screen tv.

ARGH again.

Sorry to hear about DH's schedule. Maybe you can do Xmas on new years?

Home is good. I'm home tonight, making DP's bd cake and getting ready for the thanksgiving melee. I'm not in the mood this year at all. I'm also supposed to fly to NYC tomorrow, but if the flight is oversold, I'm volunteering my seat and going home.

How is everyone else?

lala
Old 11-18-2005, 10:45 AM   #14  

Good morning ladies! It's a cold 26 here today. Yesterday we had a lake effect snowstorm which made driving tricky. DH left for Wales and he and his buddies had to drive an alternate route to Cleveland because parts of I90 were closed due to accidents. I did a little running around but not as much as I had hoped because the roads were very slippery. Welcome winter *sigh* The good side of this is that tomorrow it's supposed to be warmer and I'm sure it will all melt; they're forecasting another storm to make its way through our area next Tuesday/Wednesday just in time for Thanksgiving!

Lala: I'd be fuming, ranting, etc. the same way.

Lisa: I agree with lala, home is good I hunkered down last night and didn't go anywhere. I hope your friend is able to sell her house quickly. Bummer on DH's schedule.

Pam: How's your weather? Did you get hit with any of the snow we experienced?

Susan: Hope you're doing okay.

I went to the meeting on Wednesday and was up 1.2#...I told my leader I knew what I didn't do this past week and that was journal. So this week I'm working on this. I'm also going to work on getting some more exercise in. I did get some AP's yesterday shoveling snow

Any plans for the weekend? I'm going out to dinner with DS #1 and his girlfriend tonight after work. DS #2 is taking a bus to a playoff game in Pittsburgh so he won't be home. Other than that I'm hoping to get some stuff done over the weekend. I'm going to de-clutter my bedroom while DH is away.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:17 AM   #15  
si, si signora

Hi all,

Melissa -- Wales this time of year? brrrr.

Hi everyone. I'm back. I was in NYC yesterday (out and back) and I"m never going to do that again. It has become so routine, I'mthinking a job as a courier will be in my future, then again, my upgrades cleared, so it was comfortable.

I'm still fuming folks and am having some trust issues with my mom.

Melissa - I'm trying journalling now. Do you carry it around with you everywhere?

No plans for the weekend other than 18 people for dinner tonight. Yikes.

Off to the gym and happy Saturday everyone.

lala
Closed Thread