Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 11:04 PM   #1  

Angry WEIGHT WATCHERS "take 2"

Weight Watchers "Take 2"

Just finished week 12 with Weight Watchers Tuesday and it was a BUST Lost a total of 2.2 pounds - now that should be a weight watchers record? :
Must admit I felt like crawling out of the meeting on my belly like a snake, so no one would see me. Feeling frustrated, confussed, and just down right mad at myself for screwing up something that should be so easy to follow. I got down on my knees and asked for help from higher up.

Quote:
God helps those who help themselves
Taking what I know, and going back to the 1 2 3 success program from 1999 and reading, I've picked myself up, dusted myself off, and its going to be a "TAKE 2!" With a different ending!
With help on my side I started to journal everything and compute it on a little blue calucator that keeps me HONEST. And I can honestly say, I have been OP for 2 full days, and feel so proud of myself. I know there will be slips, and curves and huge hills to climb, but this time I feel ready for the journey.
The past couple of weeks have been tough, with my grandmother passing away June 4th, our last child graduating from high school in the afternoon of my grandmothers funeral. and Last Wednesday a good friend of mine lost his battle with brain cancer, at age 39 and was put to rest Monday.
Coming up Saturday I have a 25th Wedding Anniversary to attend for my BEST FRIEND and her husband (who is losing his battle with cancer) and won't make their real anniversary date of August 27th. God doesn't give us more then we can handle, I hope he sees I'm close to the limit. I have been suffering from terrible depression, and started taking sam-e about a week ago hoping to keep myself undercontrol, well with my last weigh-in on Tuesday a 5 pound GAIN was enough to push me over the edge. I've shed buckets of tears, and prayed for guidence to move on.
There's a reason for everything, and even though I don't have the answers to many of my questions I will just have to keep searching, and learn from the past.
I just wanted to share a tip of my iceberg this past couple weeks, theirs more but we won't go there.
Wishing everyone a good OP week, keep :
Old 06-21-2001, 11:26 PM   #2  

Default W W round 2

When was the last time you had an app't with your doctor? You have had a full plate and I know nothing about sam-e but wonder if that is the med. for you. This sounds like the time to have a medical check up.

You say you have not lost more than 2 lbs in the last 12 weeks. I agree you should have lost more than that unless you are close to your goal. From your post I gather that is not the case. I prefer W W 123 since I started with that program and continue to follow it. Let's look at the situation from a different angle. If you had not been on W W in the last 12 weeks with all that is going on in your life, I bet you would have gained more than 2 pounds. I know I would have. Pull up your boot straps and start all over again. Maybe you should start by reading the book one of W W. again. Take your journal to your meeting and have your leader review it to see if she sees a trouble area. Get out the kitchen scale and weight and measure all that you eat. Plan some low point snacks and pre measure them out in baggies so you can grab one when the munchies hit. You can do this. It is not a quick fix program but a rest of your life healthy way of eating.
Old 06-21-2001, 11:34 PM   #3  

Hi Snowball,

You really have had a lot going on. I'm sorry for all your losses. I'm sending you a big {{{HUG}}} and some prayers.

I know that the first 12 weeks or so, I was just figuring out that my body does better with the Higher Protein mix. So, this session I am feeling more satisfied after my meals and my body is releasing the weight a little more easily.

Don't give up. Just keep hanging in there. You can do it.
Old 06-22-2001, 11:38 AM   #4  

Snowball, first of all CONGRATULATIONS on having the strength to "take 2"! That is a victory in and of itself. I'm so sorry for all the sorrow and stress in your life right now. It sounds like you have had to be the pillar of strength for a lot of people and haven't been able to put yourself first. All I can say is that, to me, it sounds like a triumph that you have come through the last number of weeks without a net gain. Good for you! I'm glad you've found spiritual support during this time, and remember that there are always people here on the boards for those times you need virtual support too.

Flib
Old 06-26-2001, 11:16 PM   #5  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Red face

Snowball,
Here's a huge hug!!! You can do this.
I'm sending good vibes your way to help you get through the tough times you are facing right now.

234/?/thinner
Closed Thread