Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 11:06 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 218.8/198/135

Height: 5'4

Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodyangel
Hello everyone. I am new to this thread, but not to 3FC. I've been here for 3 years off and on. I lost 33 pounds at one time, but had another baby and gained it all back, so now baby is almost 2 and I feel ready to get myself back healthy again. My starting weight is 218. My current weight is 209.4. My goal weight is 155. I am almost 5'9" tall so I think 155 would be a healthy weight for me.

I just started flex points. I opted not to join a group. I don't have the time to go weigh in and all that. I looked into joining the online WW but don't have the extra money. All I want it for is the online food calculator, but it will have to wait until I can get the extra money.

I bought the books off ebay, and I know my starting point range and I think I understand the flex points.

I am a 31 year old single Mother with 4 children. I am a Head Start teacher, and I love my job. I have a boyfriend, (the kids dad) but things between us are rocky at best. I live on my own, and am barely supporting us all. My Mom helps me out alot.

I have a 10% goal by Christmas that's 20 pounds. I would weigh 189...Whatta Christmas present to give myself! Everything will be too big! I will be able to hand back that huge sweater to my hateful MIL and say it's tooo big!!! Oh I'd love it!

This week is "**** week" for me. It is my fall break, so with all this extra time. I have no excuse but to get out there and work my fanny off. For the next seven days I have to work out daily for an hour. That's my goal...I hope I can stay with it.

I will pop in again soon...

Well welcome to the challenge. I am also a single mom and we sound like we have a lot in common. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you find us to be helpful.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:11 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 218.8/198/135

Height: 5'4

Default 2 down 10 to go

Good Morning Everybody,

I feel pretty good today. I couldn't make it to my WW meeting on friday so I weighed myself at home. I was 215. Now my scale at home always weighs me at more than the WW scale, so maybe I lost more than 2 pounds. But I will let you know next week. It is so great to see so many of you join me. This site is such a inspiration for me. Everyone always has positive stories and positive words to say. Thanks Guys.

Last edited by e.mccoy; 10-18-2005 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:17 AM   #48  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

thanks for putting up the challenge its great to all team up to reach our goals i think it makes such a huge difference when you have a great support system like this
Old 10-18-2005, 07:52 PM   #49  

I also forgot to post my reward. I decided when I reach my Thanksgiving goal I will buy myself a new pair of tennis shoes. I really good pair. I am really excited about htis challenge.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:30 AM   #50  

I hope everyone is doing great today and staying on track. So are we going to post our loss thus far tomorrow (Thursday)? Like I stated previously, I think that would be a great idea, since Thanksgiving is on a Thursday.
I am a single mother too. With the divorce rate so high it seems like most ladies whom have children are "single mothers". I would love to meet "the one" one day. I always went for the "bad boys", which I will never do again. Anyways, I look forward to talking to you single mothers more (and non-single ones too ).
Old 10-19-2005, 11:39 AM   #51  
huntersmommy

well this morning i got my lil guy up and we walked a mile on the road i live on and then got some breakfast and got it together and we went to the park 10 minutes from the house got to love that but, they have this great walking track and they have a sign that labels where you are on the map and how far it is for one complete lap which is one mile so we walked 2 miles then we got done there took my lil guy over and we played on the play equipment for a while feel great about my workout today i usually walk two miles everyday thinking bout uping the workouts some and walking at the park it was great there was atleast 15 other women out there this morning walking there hearts out. another thing i find after excercise i may not feel like doing it before i get out there and go but, when i come back i feel so good energized great great feeling
Old 10-19-2005, 11:40 AM   #52  
huntersmommy

ufsenior my lil guy will be 2 march 15th and my goal is 123 by then how wild our lil ones are pretty close in ages just a matter of weeks
Old 10-19-2005, 11:43 AM   #53  
huntersmommy

miss mccoy congrats on the 2 pounds thats is wonderful hope you make it to your meeting next week and find that you've lost even more. you go girl
Old 10-19-2005, 12:43 PM   #54  
Getting better every day!

Default Joining the challenge!!

I would like to join the Thanksgiving challenge. However, I am taking a different approach. I have lost 35 pounds with WW since August of 2004. I have not really lost anything since June of this year, due to a great big vacation in July, and probably a much needed attitude shift. I am focused on the Thanksgiving holiday, and my main focus is not how much weight I will lose by then, but rather to stick with the program and see what happens. Many times, I slip up and think it does not matter, but the lack of movement on the scale tells me otherwise-so-here I go. Evenutally, I would like to lose at least 18 more pounds, but I know that is impossible before Thanksgiving. I would like to weigh less at Thanksgiving than I do now, and whatever that is, I will be happy with it.
Good Luck to all of us!!! .
Old 10-19-2005, 02:10 PM   #55  
huntersmommy

welcome djp1959 to the challenge and i think thats a great challenge staying on plan is hard work at times. and your right whatever loss you have by thanksgiving will be wonderful. congratulations on your re-commitment
Old 10-19-2005, 02:31 PM   #56  

Hey guys...love the idea of a Thanksgiving Challenge...think I could join? I had a Halloween Challenge going, but Hurricane Rita kinda knocked me out of it...but I am back on track now and would love to lose 12 lbs by Thanksgiving. I am a slow loser so I want to be realistic. So if I can join ya that would be great!!
Marcie
Old 10-19-2005, 03:05 PM   #57  
huntersmommy

marcie,
c'mon girl what a great goal i'm having a great time with this new turkey day goal welcome aboard you can do it
Old 10-20-2005, 11:35 AM   #58  
huntersmommy

ladies I walked 4 miles this morning I am so proud of myself my lil guy just loved it. how is everyone doing op and excercising? would love to hear from everybody
Old 10-20-2005, 12:03 PM   #59  

Hey everyone!
Well worked out with trainer yesterday and he kicked my booty with circuit training and then did 30 min of cardio on top of that...but then had a social event last night and did pretty good considering..used Flex Pts..but that is what they are for right?? I did say no to the Cheesecake though WHEW! So are we weighing in on Thursday? I don't do my WW weigh in until Sat., and that point I will see how far off my home scale is. I was down 5 lbs on my home scale from my last WW WI but that was with no clothes on..so I may have stayed the same or be down 1...we'll see Sat. Hope you are all doing good..Huntersmommy great job on the walking girl!! I know I have said this before...but you are doing so awesome!!!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:20 PM   #60  
huntersmommy

thanks marcie wow thats great workng out with a trainer. and awesome job saying no to the cheesecake I'm so proud of you thats a big big step and how great is that 5lbs down from your last weigh in well thats how I get my weights at home is just underclothing course for weight watchers i can pretty much figure that even with the same outfit i wear every week in that i will weigh 2lbs heavier on their scale than i do on mine at home. Marcie you are doing a great job and how great are you feeling?
Closed Thread