Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 02:16 PM   #16  

Thats my problem with the pizza.. they dont cut them in slices they cut them in squares and some of the squares is only about maybe 2 inch square.. some are smaller some of bigger.. thanks for the help..
Old 10-16-2005, 02:52 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 224/214/140

Thumbs up Diet yo yo

When we diet yo yo our bodies do not respond as quickly as if we had never dieted. You didn't put your weight on over night so you need to think in goals you can be proud of your self. As we age weight also becomes more resistant because our bodies think we are starving it again and it wants to hang on to every pound. I am 50 and have dieted off and on since my Mom joined TOPS when I was 13. I have learned to set small goals and as I lose 5 pounds I set the next 5 lb goal. That way I can give myself the constant pats on the back for a goal reached. I look at it that everyday is a new start also. If I have dipped into my extra 35 points I look at how many I have for the week. My daughter has lost 46 lbs with several weeks of 5 lb losses. She always eats ALL her points and she uses the 35 bonus points. We write EVERYTHING down. It keeps us honest with ourselves. If you are going out Denny's is an excellent place because they have grilled chicken for 4 points, many sides that are 0 points like tomato slices and green beans. Their chicken noodle soup is 2 points and they have toast that is 2 pts a piece. If I want to conserve points I skip it. Keep going and think of the pounds you did lose. Don't forget eat all your points!
Old 10-17-2005, 03:26 PM   #18  

I went for my weigh in today and I gained .6 points :-( . They said that im not eating enough because sometimes I miss lunch or breakfast.. ok well every day I miss one or the other. Or if I know im gonna have a dinner that can put me over my points I dont eat lunch so I wont go over my points..they said that I have to spread out my points during the day and not to worry about going over because I have the 35 extra points. I guess what im trying to say is WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! Im trying to get it through my head that this isnt a diet thats its a eating habit change and I dont have to starve..
Old 10-17-2005, 05:29 PM   #19  

Tryinagain-are you using your 35 xtra pts? I agree that you have to spread your pts throughout the day..like i do 6 for breakfast-5 for snack-7 for lunch 2 for afternoon snack and then whatever is left for dinner. In this instance I would have say 6 pts for dinner. Then if what I have for dinner is 8 pts...I take 2 off my 35 xtra pts. Some people take the 35 pts and split them up over 7 days and add them to their daily intake. I truly think that it is important to use the xtra pts. I hope this helps you out a bit. You are doing great..don't get discouraged!!
Marcie
Old 10-18-2005, 09:54 AM   #20  

No I hardly every use my 35 points xtra points..sometimes I have a hard time eating what points I have to eat in a day. I was wondering how many people actually use those points. And also even if I stay within my points is it possible to make the wrong food choices even though they are within my points?? Thanks for the help Marcie.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:13 AM   #21  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Tryinagain,
The more meals you lose....the more you are not "feeding" your body. You put your body into starvation mode. That is why they tell you to eat small meals throughout the day. I personally think that it is fine to do that whole dinner thing(skipping when you know you will be going over) once in a GREAT while.....but day to day make better choices. You can still eat Mcdonalds etc......just chose no mayo etc. I try to stay away from pizza, mexican and chinese due to overindulging (I just cant control myself). How about exercise......you can get more points that way too! Good luck!
Old 10-18-2005, 12:35 PM   #22  

I think as long as you follow the 8 Good Health Guidelines then you cannot make wrong food decisions while staying within your pts...but you have to get in the dairy, fruits, veggies, etc. The first time I did WW I ate junk, but stayed within my pts and did not lose and gave up saying the WW did not work. Well that is not true...its does work, but you must follow the 8 Good Health Guidlines. Now I am not saying that I get them in everday..I have only been on WW for about 6 weeks...but I know what I did wrong last time and what I am doing better this time. Go on ahead and dip into those 35 pts...that why they are there. I sure do
Old 10-18-2005, 01:15 PM   #23  
Eat well, Live well

Trying again...

What everyone said is right! Eating all (or at least most) of the Flex points is important. I hit a plateau, and realized it was because I was not eating all my points.

Ask yourself "Why am I having trouble always eating breakfast AND lunch?"
If it's just because that's a habit, it's one you'll just have to break. Find ways to force yourself to remember to eat, maybe even get a friend or co-worker you trust to help you to remind you. Legend has it that it takes 8 weeks of diligence to break a bad habit (different people say different lengths of time). After 7 months of WW, I have broken some bad habits and started good ones. It was really hard at first, but now there are things I do that have just become routine, such as a bowl of cereal for breakfast every morning.

If it's because you have "no time", get some "food-to-go" items. They're not the best, but they will be better than nothing. I eat All-Bran bars, yogurt singles, pieces of fruit, etc, when I know that sitting down for lunch might not be possible. Sometimes, I will eat those things bit by bit during the day if I'm not going to have time to sit and eat lunch.

Don't give up! Be honest with yourself. When you find out what you need to do to lose weight, whether it be eating more or eating different, determination will get you to your goal!
Old 10-18-2005, 02:32 PM   #24  

WOW Allie-You have done awesome..very good advice too.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:26 AM   #25  

Thank you everyone for your advice it is very much appreciated. Im going to try to do better with what I eat and to eat all my points..
Closed Thread