Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 11:23 AM   #1  
Big Ol' loser

Default October weight ins

Today is saturday, last day of the week for WW but 1st day of October!

1st I have to say I thought I was going to gain. I had many struggles this week but after writing it all down and counting the points I was so below my points that I realized I was hungry and grabbing the wrong things then the guilt would make me not eat the rest of the day.
SOOOO Goal this week is to refocus. I want to get back into the habit of writing my food down daily, I think this is the first week I've had this problem and thats why I've felt like I was so out of control!

I rode my bike 3 times this week. I plan on making it 3-4 times a week. I really like it alot. Its embarrassing at first. I had an audience one day and of course I couldn't peddle up hill and felt dumb but you know it was my butt on the bike and they were just sitting on their front porch watching me. I felt empowered then and I've been riding over a mile. Which is good considering my lack of movement before!!

So my weight loss was 1.2 lbs, this is 14.2 lbs in 7 weeks, or an avg 2.03 lbs a week. Which is right where I want to be!

We talked today about identities and how we have inner voices when we look in the mirror. She wanted to name off what we thought of our selves when we looked in the mirror. I realized I literally hate myself! people saying stuff like Fluffy and bubble butt and amazon, I was thinking wow they sure are considerate! My inner voice is pretty bad. I hear myself really beating myself up. I'm gonna work on that. I am getting healthy, all my clothes fit so much better, I feel like I really am motivated and I am succeeding and it is one day at a time. I've even felt better intimately. So its working and I'm doing it!!! I'm gonna stop myself from saying those things and concentrate on my great hair, my green big green eyes, my cute dimples. I think I'm gonna get a manicure and pedicure this week- just because my feet are horrible and it makes me feel so pretty and that'll be one more thing I can add to the list!
Old 10-01-2005, 04:14 PM   #2  
wannaBaloser

I think you are on the right track. Your weight loss has been right on the mark. I think your inner voice is related to my inner voice. I have been trying to remember to say positive and affirming things to myself, and am amazed at how hard it is to remember. This last week was a bust for me as I gained half a pound, due directly to gorging on fried chicken, in funk over a lump in my R breast. I am awaiting the results...of the mam; i alread know the results of the fried chicken.

wannaBaloser
09/29/05---DOWN 20 LBS...22lbs to go to first goal.....by Dec30/05
Correction: down 10.5...22.5 to go...maybe by 12/30

PLAN: weights mwf, tone tths, cardio walk 6 days a week and stretching daily Try to remember to use pedometer and count all steps, try to increase the number of steps each day a bit more than the day before. 15 miles stepped--- so far this month (this is the plan—it does not always happen) Minutes / day about: 30 calorie allowance 12-1300/daily….(also does NOT always happen, lol) My main antagonists are: 1) arthritis of knees >R, back and hands, and 2) depression resulting when #1 is bad My secondary antagonists are: sloth, inertia and gluttony who arrive with whoops when #2 is bad.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:39 PM   #3  

Ok Chickies--
I weighed in Friday....I lost 4 pounds. I have 9.8 pounds to get to my first goal. I'm hoping to hit my first goal in the next three weeks (before my boyfriend comes to visit the next time).

This week I don't think I'll do so well because my boyfriend was here all weekend and I ate ok, but I didn't get in as much exercise as I would have liked.

I am working really hard to see my self in a skinnier light... and a more active and healthy light!

GOOD JOB GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 10:54 AM   #4  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all!

I've played hooky from this forum for most of September. Can it really be October already?

My goals are to make better choices. My exercise last week was tremendous. I was really a Trojan, hitting the gym, doing more upper body weights, gardening, working with my concrete sculptures, attending welding class. Everything took lots of muscle and sweat.
My goal for Sept. was to lose 5 pounds. By the 28th, I was 1 away from goal. And then, on the 29th, that blasted scale said 2.5 had crawled back on. Yea, I know, lots of things can cause temporary weight gain. But that inner voice egged me on and I ate incredibly horribly junkily bad over the weekend. Grrr.

Like all that "comfort" has any beneficial results.

Anyhow, here's to better choices in October.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 262/255/12

hey girlies...it sounds as though ya'll are on the right path...i have been off and on program for about 2 years now...but tonite we are starting an at work ww program...i have to tell you that i am really excited...and think that this time maybe the one...i know that the program works...i just need to work it...so hopefully i will be posted here more often also...keep up the good work...we can all do it...we just need to take one day at a time...
Old 10-11-2005, 11:40 AM   #6  
Big Ol' loser

Default Wow!

I just want to confess I usually give myself a free day. Its the day I can eat whatever for a meal or snack or have vodka tonics. Whats funny is that I sit down and it doesn't ever add up to as high as a full day + the 35 pts.

Sun:
I wanted some breaded shrimp. So I went and got shrimp. I ate 2 or 3 pieces and then began peeling the breading off. Ate 4 or 5 french fries but gave the baby my biscuit.

Mon:
Work had Grandy cater in for breakfast. I had full intentions of measuring carefully but the caterers passed the plate down and well I ended up with eggs, bacon, fried potatoes, biscuits and gravy. I ate every bit of it. It was 20 something points.

Tues:
DH wanted to go out to eat. I decided after the past two days I'd have a salad. Well the cobb sounded good and tasted good. Got home looked up a chili's cobb and well it had 31 pts!!!

Wed:
DH made a cheesecake- the jello in a box kind- don't really like it but I ate it.

Thurs:
I ate a kit kat. Stressful day at work and choc is my weakness.

Fri:
stayed on program all day.

Weigh in:

I lost 3.4 lbs.

I don't know how but maybe the scales are broken.
I will admit this: Usually at work I eat the same thing. I have a nutri grain for breakfast with a caffeine free diet coke. I have a banana with Fuze green tea for snack. I have a ww meal with a small salad for lunch. I have added a green apple in for snack and then whatever for dinner.
On the days above - sun, mon, and tue I did not eat dinner.
It just goes to show you can make the points work. I felt incredibly guilty and like I was failing all week! This week I am doing better. I have some motivation. I've almost lost 20 lbs!
Old 10-13-2005, 10:39 AM   #7  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all!!

Just want to say WOW. Y'all are really making that effort and seeing results. It makes me realize that I CAN do this -it worked 5 years ago and it will work today. (lost #70 before falling into the pit)

GoalNoRolls -hereafter known as GNR or feel free to post a first name -You are right on track making that smaller goal. It frees the mind to work towards something that sounds doable. I spent miserable years telling myself I couldn't ever possibly lose#100+ so why even start. Doing the WW 10% was the best thing I ever did.

One thing I would like to add: You wrote up a list of weekly "sins". I bet there were really good things you did for yourself each and every day. And, KitKats are not taboo. They have points just like anything else.

Believe me, we have all blasted thru our points one time or another. Perhaps you could add to your arsenal in this war and look for some zero or nearly zero items to use on those days. (broccoli, salsa, black beans, spinach, Boca Burgers, egg white omelets with all of the above...)

Please,please don't try to limit yourself to 1200 calories. Your metabolism is a wonderful thing. It knows how much your particular body needs to maintain. It will also think that famine is upon us and shut down if you try starving it. That's why WW says you can have "X" number of points for your current weight loss.

I found this out the hard way, starving and losing until suddenly, no losing. That's when I joined WW five years ago and got to eat lots and lose lots.

WannaB, methinks you have been peeking in my window! Arthritis in my thumb is the latest culprit - very, very annoying! My neck has the rest, that I know of. Have you tried taking Glucosamine & Chondroitin? It really saves my knees and probably takes some of the discomfort from neck and thumb. I do know ( and you do too) that activity takes away the pain and that being a sofa slug actually adds to it.

So, lets go hit the gym, trim the shrubs, play in the mud. Whatever it takes to keep these bodies moving!

A body in motion tends to stay in motion!

Y'all have a super day. I'm going to have a very active one, I promise!
Old 10-15-2005, 02:03 PM   #8  
Big Ol' loser

Thank you dora! My name is Liz but GNR is good too

One thing I have remind myself of is that I would've eaten so much more before. Gone back for seconds, gotten a king sized kit kat and cobb salad? I would've gone something with 50 points.

I did gain .4 this week but I knew it was coming - TOM is almost here.
I'm having a date with my husband tonight and I am reserving all my points for the evening.

I'm not guilty of not using my points I tend to go over 3 or 4 a day. This week my committment is to use my tracker. Haven't ever done it just little post it notes all over the place!

I have been riding my bike too! The baby likes the trailer I got and so it makes for a nice night out for all of us.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:16 AM   #9  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all!

A gorgeous sunshiney day with cool breezes here. I'm off to trim branches, as it is trash day and I have extra trashcan space. Then, I want to play in my "mud" (various experiments with concrete sculptures) and get a pedicure. Wow, keeping busy keeps my hand away from the cookie jar!

met a girl at the gym about my size, with a kid my age, and happens to live around the corner!! Can you say "walking buddy"? I am so blessed.

My main october goal is keeping busy by keeping busy. the other is to blast through the 250lb barrier and end the month under 249 for good!

Liz, you rock !

Jeanne, are ya out there?
Old 10-18-2005, 05:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 262/255/12

wow...u girlies just keep on going...sounds as though ya'll are working hard...we had our first weigh-in at our "at to work" meetings...i lost 8.8 pounds...of course our leader was really excited...but i have been through this before...most of that is just water...but i do have to say that it motivated me...i have been writing in my journal...and repacked my kitchen to look like a point system...LOL...hope ya'll have a great week...and keep up the good work...
Old 10-28-2005, 12:00 PM   #11  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all!

And Howdy Billie Sammie!

Sounds like you, too, have been on the roller coaster before. That means you know that some days you just have to hang in there and do it when you do't really feel like it. Sorta like brushing one's teeth....

Since I last posted, I have had lots of gym workouts and also wrestled with our incredibly rocky soil to plant Mongo, the banana tree from the massive pot he was in. This was truly a video moment. First, the pot was perched on an incline with stones wedged underneath for balance. So, I try pulling the pot (plastic, with big edges for ahndles) up to the sidewalk -about 18 inches.
LOL, Mongo decides to roll down the hill, instead. Grrrr.
My 14yoa daughter brings me the moving dolly. Mongo's pot is so wide, it barely fits on the dolly and threatens to roll into the pool. This is so not cool!
There is a freeze warning and I have a bunco party that night, so Mongo is destined to spend the night in the garage. But first, he has to roll off the dolly while going down the one step from the deck. I'm thinking how Hawaiians use banana leaves to wrap luau food.....

Finally, Mongo is installed in the garage. The next day, after the party, I excavate a major hole for him. Had to use a mattock (think modified pick-ax) to pull the rocks out. Tis good work for the shoulder and chest muscles!

Now, I go back to the garage and pull Mongo into the sunshine. And dig all of the smaller decorative plants and excess dirt out of the pot. Urgh, still too heavy. So, I dig and dig with my hands until I pull the entire banana tree out of the pot and haul his sorry butt to the hole. Success!! Mongo is now rooted in his new home. And I have learned something about what to plant in humongous pots.

What a workout! Hmm, methinks I should build some more muscles and dig out that old ugly shrub...

The bonus? Stronger muscles, cleaner yard, and I finally got under 250! Woohoo. And, my new walking buddy and I have a 6 mile trek planned for Sunday. I"m praying for no rain that afternoon.

What's your activity agenda, ladies?

Last edited by Dora140; 10-28-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:03 AM   #12  
Big Ol' loser

I haven't posted over here in quite awhile. I'm not being the perfect ww representative but that isn't my goal!

I am down a total of 24 lbs. Only 2 until 10% and 6 until my personal goal!

Last edited by goalnorolls; 10-31-2005 at 01:06 AM.
Closed Thread