Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 01:31 PM   #1  
Big Ol' loser

Default My story...newbie

I've posted this in other places but this is my home since I have over 100lbs to lose...This is posted under what was your turning point.

I am 32 years old. I have a son who will be 2 in october and an 11 year old. When my oldest son was 4 I was down to 140 by dieting. My natural weight was always about 165 but phen /fen took me down. for over a year I took the drugs until they went off the market. I had a female problem that caused a hormonal imbalance and the dr gave me a shot of depo and I bloomed quickly to 185 lbs.
The depression hit me hard. But I suddenly didn't care. I ate my way to 230. My husband and I got married in Jamaica in 2000 and the photographer thought I was pregnant. I think I've been numbly living life. Not caring about weight. Trying diets and excercise but not sticking with it.
I got pregnant after trying for 3 years and no one knew I was pregnant. I had been around 260 pre pregnancy , began having gall bladder issues and lost weight while pregnant. After having my son I was down to 230. But it didn't last long. I now cannot even get clothes at walmart or target. Nothing fits. I wear a 24 in stretch jeans but this is a huge wake up call. I can't get any bigger. I won't accept this size anymore. I realized I wasn't living anymore, I was avoiding living. Social situations cause me to freak out. I don't want to see anyone I know. I ran into an old friend and she honestly had to ask 'are you liz?' and I said yes I am 100 lbs heavier. I just don't understand why my life has to be like this. Recently my husband got us tickets to a concert and I cried for a week because it had been on the news that the seats at this venue were small for even normal sized people. I knew I couldn't go. So I lied to my husband and told him I couldn't find anything to wear and I couldn't go so take oldest son. They went and I sat at home- fat.
I started thinking about surgery AGAIN and decided I have to give it a 6 month try. My only goal is to lose 30lbs, I've joined weight watchers and decided after the 30lbs I will join curves. I won't lose this on my own, I will need help... Weight watchers will work with what the family eats- no special foods. I have to do this to chase my 2 year old around, get on the floor and play with him, and not be an embarrasment to my now jr high son. I want to feel sexy again. I want to be the woman I was before, not this thing I am now. I have all these reasons I'm naming to benefit everyone else but its really for me. I'm my biggest critic and I know someday I'll be below 200 and I'll feel good. I'll be able to goto amusement parks with the kids, be able to goto concerts and not worry about seats, I'll be able to be intimate without disgusting myself. I think I'm the luckiest woman in the world because my husband tells me I'm beautiful and sexy everyday. Soon I will feel that way again. Soon I will be healthy and fit and be able to be the wife and mother everyone deserves.
What is different this time is that I know I have to do this. I know I have to depend on myself and not blame everyone else- kids husband- for the my diet failures. This is the last 'diet' this is the last time I will have to do this.
The changes in one week are enough to keep me going. We eat together at the table every night, I make a healthy meal for everyone. No more pizza, hot dogs or cheap spaghetti nights with buttery garlic bread. I bought a grill and I grill meats out every night. I eat all my meals and snack on yogurt and almonds.
When I weighed last week I weighed more than I did 9 months pregnant - 284lbs now. I am so close to the 300 mark and I'm only 5'4".
Anyway mine wasn't a moment but a reflection. A realization that everyone deserved the better me. The me that is deep inside all of this fat. A realization that there are so many things I want to do in life that I can't physically do. I want to take my sons to the water park on the weekends, I want to goto concerts and plays, I want a better job but hardly look professional.
I'm earning my self respect right now. I refuse to sit down and calculate anything more than 30lbs. When you have over 100lbs to lose its enough to make you stop changing your eating habits. I'm just going to concentrate on the first 30. I've talked my mother into joining weight watchers too. She told me Kirstie alley said she lost 30 and felt so different. Thats what I want too, to feel more energetic. Then exercising will be so much easier. For now I'm doing yard work, cleaning house and keeping busy at night. I already feel different.

Liz
Old 08-27-2005, 03:15 PM   #2  
Big Ol' loser

Well I lost 3.8 lbs my first meeting.

Goal this week: Increase water and eat more fruit and veges
Old 08-29-2005, 03:00 PM   #3  

I am proud of you! This is my twelvth week on program and I too am at the stage where it still seems impossible so maybe with each others support we can get there! I WW on Monday morning I lost l.5 this week but can't make my tracker work. Frustrating.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:20 AM   #4  
Big Ol' loser

You are doing great! I know for me its looking so far ahead that makes it impossible. Weight Watchers sets the 10% goal(for me its 28lbs). I am going for 30lbs so thats all I'm looking at right now!
Maybe it would make it easier to say I only have 6 lbs until I've lost 30 lbs. Think about 30 lbs in a tangible way. Pick up 30 lbs of something. Think about the impact of losing 30 lbs when getting around. I have a 30lb child and I can hardly carry him! Its amazing to think you have lost 24 lbs! Thats alot!!
Did you watch biggest loser? At one point they put on weighted vests that held the weight they had lost and they had to run with it. I think every single person cried because they realized how much weight they lost and the impact!!
Old 09-01-2005, 01:01 PM   #5  

Our ten percent goals are exactly the same! So we should be very good for each other! Four more pounds and I get the keychain!
Old 09-03-2005, 10:59 AM   #6  
Big Ol' loser

My weigh in was today. -2.6 lbs!!

I was thinking it was going to drop down to losing a pound or less now so I was very happy.

My 10% is 28 lbs so you are closer than I am!!!

What day is your weigh in?
Old 09-03-2005, 02:05 PM   #7  

Way to go Liz that is awesome. Doesn't it feel so good to be doing it. Last night we went to a euchre party and I only ate fruit! That is such a major first for me. Feeling pretty good about that. I will take every victory I can get. My weigh in is Mon. morning at 9:00am this week due to the holiday it will be Tuesday. Didn't think I would like Mon at first but it actually helps me be legal on Sun so that is good for me. Do great this week end any special plans for holiday?
Old 09-03-2005, 11:46 PM   #8  
Big Ol' loser

whats great is that we have a bbq but I have been bbq'ing out since the get go this time with WW. I know I won't have any problems.

Saturday is my 'free' day. But today I was good and didn't mean to be!
By free I used some of my extra points its not a free for all!!
Old 09-04-2005, 07:42 PM   #9  

Yeah Liz sounds like your head is in the right place this time. Mine is too. Just pray it stays there.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:37 AM   #10  
Big Ol' loser

Sorry I didn't post last week! I lost 1 lb. I wasn't sad I'm still very happy with that!

I have had major migraines all week. I have been to the dr's twice and now I'm on steroids. I had one bad day but the rest of the time I've been okay. I had a chocolate fit. You know feeling so bad you want chocolate...

I'm getting a bike though- and it is soooo cute. I was gonna get a scooter either a vespa or a stella but realized I need to exercise so I'm getting a little Trek Cruiser. I'm gonna start riding around the lake by my house now that its cooling down.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:24 PM   #11  

Good for you! Sorry about your headaches. I know it is awful when you want chocolate. Have you tried any of the ww bars they are unbelievably good and only two points they really satisfy that choc. want. I also love the Weight Watcher chocolate ice cream bar it tastes so unbelievably good and only one point. Hopefully you will look into these options and it will help with the cravings.

Tell me more about your cool sounding bike. I ride my recumbent stationary bike six miles a day. It would be neat to be outside.

Keep up the good work!
Old 09-16-2005, 06:43 PM   #12  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalnorolls
I've posted this in other places but this is my home since I have over 100lbs to lose...This is posted under what was your turning point.

I am 32 years old. I have a son who will be 2 in october and an 11 year old. When my oldest son was 4 I was down to 140 by dieting. My natural weight was always about 165 but phen /fen took me down. for over a year I took the drugs until they went off the market. I had a female problem that caused a hormonal imbalance and the dr gave me a shot of depo and I bloomed quickly to 185 lbs.
The depression hit me hard. But I suddenly didn't care. I ate my way to 230. My husband and I got married in Jamaica in 2000 and the photographer thought I was pregnant. I think I've been numbly living life. Not caring about weight. Trying diets and excercise but not sticking with it.
I got pregnant after trying for 3 years and no one knew I was pregnant. I had been around 260 pre pregnancy , began having gall bladder issues and lost weight while pregnant. After having my son I was down to 230. But it didn't last long. I now cannot even get clothes at walmart or target. Nothing fits. I wear a 24 in stretch jeans but this is a huge wake up call. I can't get any bigger. I won't accept this size anymore. I realized I wasn't living anymore, I was avoiding living. Social situations cause me to freak out. I don't want to see anyone I know. I ran into an old friend and she honestly had to ask 'are you liz?' and I said yes I am 100 lbs heavier. I just don't understand why my life has to be like this. Recently my husband got us tickets to a concert and I cried for a week because it had been on the news that the seats at this venue were small for even normal sized people. I knew I couldn't go. So I lied to my husband and told him I couldn't find anything to wear and I couldn't go so take oldest son. They went and I sat at home- fat.
I started thinking about surgery AGAIN and decided I have to give it a 6 month try. My only goal is to lose 30lbs, I've joined weight watchers and decided after the 30lbs I will join curves. I won't lose this on my own, I will need help... Weight watchers will work with what the family eats- no special foods. I have to do this to chase my 2 year old around, get on the floor and play with him, and not be an embarrasment to my now jr high son. I want to feel sexy again. I want to be the woman I was before, not this thing I am now. I have all these reasons I'm naming to benefit everyone else but its really for me. I'm my biggest critic and I know someday I'll be below 200 and I'll feel good. I'll be able to goto amusement parks with the kids, be able to goto concerts and not worry about seats, I'll be able to be intimate without disgusting myself. I think I'm the luckiest woman in the world because my husband tells me I'm beautiful and sexy everyday. Soon I will feel that way again. Soon I will be healthy and fit and be able to be the wife and mother everyone deserves.
What is different this time is that I know I have to do this. I know I have to depend on myself and not blame everyone else- kids husband- for the my diet failures. This is the last 'diet' this is the last time I will have to do this.
The changes in one week are enough to keep me going. We eat together at the table every night, I make a healthy meal for everyone. No more pizza, hot dogs or cheap spaghetti nights with buttery garlic bread. I bought a grill and I grill meats out every night. I eat all my meals and snack on yogurt and almonds.
When I weighed last week I weighed more than I did 9 months pregnant - 284lbs now. I am so close to the 300 mark and I'm only 5'4".
Anyway mine wasn't a moment but a reflection. A realization that everyone deserved the better me. The me that is deep inside all of this fat. A realization that there are so many things I want to do in life that I can't physically do. I want to take my sons to the water park on the weekends, I want to goto concerts and plays, I want a better job but hardly look professional.
I'm earning my self respect right now. I refuse to sit down and calculate anything more than 30lbs. When you have over 100lbs to lose its enough to make you stop changing your eating habits. I'm just going to concentrate on the first 30. I've talked my mother into joining weight watchers too. She told me Kirstie alley said she lost 30 and felt so different. Thats what I want too, to feel more energetic. Then exercising will be so much easier. For now I'm doing yard work, cleaning house and keeping busy at night. I already feel different.

Liz

I too am new to this 3fatchicks website and I too have over 100 pounds to lose. In fact, when I started losing weight, I had exactly 200 pounds to lose. Now I need to lose 113 to get to my goal of 135 pounds.

I think what helped me to get my mind made up this time in losing weight was that always before I was dieting for my husband, my child, my parents...everyone except for me. This time, I am losing the weight for ME and then anyone else who benefits from my weight loss is just an extra added bonus. By losing weight for me, there is no race against time and there is no guilt for the occasional gain (it will happen regardless if you stay on the program or not). It's a second by second, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day process. Of course, you're not new to dieting, so this isn't new news to you. Right?

Like you, I have a husband that adores me regardless if I'm fat or not, BUT would like to have a normal size wife. I can't blame him for that, cuz I want to be a normal size wife as well. We both want the same thing and that's alright. He is also my biggest cheer leader and my best friend. But we also need friends that are going through the same thing we're going through and that's why your thread really tugged at my heart. I KNOW your pain. Been there and working through it myself.

I've been in your shoes where I didn't go and do or want to go and do and made excuses why I couldn't go and do because I knew that I couldn't fit into the seats OR be able to keep up with everyone else. What a prison I was in! It's a horrible feeling to be trapped in your own fat and live in dream world that consists only of "If only I were smaller" or "I wish I wasn't so fat" Or "If only I could lose..." The fact of the matter is that everyone on the face of the earth has a serious problem of some sort and we have the choice to face up to it, look it straight in the face and fight OR give up and allow our "demons" to destroy us, whatever it may be. In our case, it's a weight issue. It sucks, don't it?

You're on the right track. Like you, I am going to Weight Watchers as well. I will be there 1 year in October. And like you, I like it because you eat normal food and your family doesn't usually mind what you put on the table.

I'm here if you need someone to talk too during your weight loss journey. It's nice to have a buddy that has the same trials as you do.

Take care!
Melissa
Old 09-16-2005, 10:14 PM   #13  

Default hello girls

I am new to this site and let me tell you I feel like I have found the right place for me!!! I too have 100+ to lose and it is a terrible battle! Congratulations to you all for your accomplishments thus far! Hey lufic did you realize that you no longer have 100 pounds to lose! I am waiting for that day!!! Take care and good luck!
Old 09-18-2005, 07:07 PM   #14  

sounds like we are getting quite a group here! I too have 100 pounds to lose. I too have a wonderful husband who is my best friend. He deserves a healthy and fit wife. He is in great physcial shape! Why have I done this to myself.

Together we can do this I truly believe it this time! With your support I am determined to do it this time.

WE CAN DOEY !!!!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 06:06 PM   #15  

Hey Chickies! I'm not new to this sight, but I am new to Weight Watchers. I'm so glad that I can look out into the world and see that there are other people who have the same struggles as I do. I feel like I can be much stronger knowing that there's someone going through the same things I'm going through.

I started Weight Watchers 4 weeks ago, and have lost a total of 14.4 pounds. My first goal is to lose 30 pounds (my 10%) as well. I started out weighing 306 pounds.... I have promised myself that I will NEVER again weigh that much. I don't know what my ultimate goal will be yet. I have thought about it a couple of times, but have decided not to look past the 30lbs goal until I reach it, then I will set another goal and look towards that one.

I've been dating my boyfriend for a little over 2 years now, and he loves me no matter what. He wants me to be healthier. He is also my biggest cheer leader. Everyday I tell him what I ate and how much I exercised. It helps a lot.

Oh and one more thing... one of the things that I look forward to is being able to work out regularly with my boyfriend (who is in pretty darn good shape) without being embarassed about it!

Anyway, I'm glad to meet you all. And WE WILL DO IT!!!!
Closed Thread