Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2001, 10:13 AM   #1  

Default Journaling

247/225/150ish

Our leader, last week, had all the attendees pull a "challenge" out of a bag. Mine was Journaling (hence the subject line ) I took it seriously since I have been bouncing around and not doing my journal fathfully.

It worked - the scales WILL tell the difference today. I feel it strongly. I was within my points every day and ate properly also. This points in directly in the right direction. My attitude is turning around and I feel really good about my progress.

Journaling works - and I will post my loss later today.

ArnaP
Old 06-10-2001, 11:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Journaling makes me way more accountable. When I write everything down I lose about 2 lbs a week, when I don't I lose about 1 lb every 3 weeks or just maintain.
Old 06-10-2001, 01:40 PM   #3  

I lost .8 this morning. Not as good as I was hoping but that's only because I misread what I weighed last week (thought I was one pound more than I really was) and so the difference wasn't as great. That's okay - I'm jazzed and will continue my quest.

Everyone have a great week.

ArnaP

Last edited by arnap; 06-10-2001 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-10-2001, 03:24 PM   #4  

ArnaP, I read your post about taking the challenge to be faithful in journaling with interest. That is just where I am right now (or have been...your post spurred me on to greater heights!), and I am glad that I came across your message. Good for *you* for losing .8! That is just wonderful; keep up the good work, and may you show yet another loss at your next WI.
Old 06-10-2001, 06:06 PM   #5  
WW Jazz Diva! LOL

My roommate and I are both on WW. We've both been on it for 14 weeks now. She's a lot smaller than me, but her progress is actually a lot slower. She's lost a total of 9 lbs (put 2 back on last week now at 7 lbs) and I've lost 25.4 lbs.

We're both motivated and committed......but I am FAITHFUL about writing in that journal - she hasn't been. She's been really, really good this week - writing everything down. Hopefully on Wednesday we'll see a difference for her!

Taunia
Old 06-10-2001, 08:31 PM   #6  

Taunia, congrats to you for your loss of 25.4 pounds! Good job.
Old 06-11-2001, 02:01 AM   #7  

Default good topic

Journaling is both my biggest challenge and the surest way for me to have success in losing weight. You wouldn't think it'd be so hard for me to simply write down what I eat, but I have to really stay focussed in order to get myself to do it. Arnap, and all the others who have posted on here, thank you. It helps me to hear you all meeting that challege! Also congrats to you all on your weight losses. Arnap--.8 is a loss to celebrate and you may find even more significant results on the scale next week. I often have a one week delay when I am losing weight--there's no delay when I'm gaining of course!

Write all that food down! We can do it together.

168/159/140
Old 06-11-2001, 02:05 AM   #8  

Default A journalled, OP day!

Thanks for the positive messages regarding jounalling to all of you ladies! Today was my first in a long time writing down everything I ate, and actually staying within my range. On to tomorrow!
Old 06-11-2001, 11:37 AM   #9  
Is is spring yet??

Journalling is so important. For me if I don't journal I almost ALWAYS GAIN! Some weeks I just get by - but I know journalling is key. I may go over my points here and there - BUT I am very aware and it helps 100%.

Keep up the journalling - it works!!

Tara
Old 06-11-2001, 01:01 PM   #10  
LM

I've journalled everyday since joining WW (19 months & counting). I really like doing it. It's not a magic bullet; there have been plenty of weeks when I gained or stayed the same. But then again I don't have non-journalling weeks to compare it to.

I really like to journal and I find it gets really addictive too. I use an Excel spreadsheet, which I email back and forth to myself from home and work. If anyone wants a copy, I can email it to you.
Old 06-11-2001, 05:44 PM   #11  

Default inspiration

LM--I would love a copy of the spreadsheet you use to journal! Can you mail it to [email protected]?

Thanks for all the inspiration folks. Did ya'll keep your journals current today? I did!
Old 06-12-2001, 09:44 AM   #12  
LM

Moxie,

I emailed you the spreadsheet - actually two versions - the complicated "Yes I Am a Virgo" version and the normal person's version.

have fun!

laurel
Old 06-13-2001, 04:31 PM   #13  

If I didn't like journaling - then I just would have to do another program.

To me Weight Watchers IS Journaling. If you don't really keep track. You will have no idea what your doing wrong or what your doing right. I like to know. Good or bad. I prefer to face the facts. Then I have something to build on.

Hey - what is this stuff anyway? I haven't posted here in a while and this format is completely different. I do like it. Leave it up to those chicks to continuousley improve on what's already good and keeps getting better.
Old 06-14-2001, 12:20 AM   #14  

Well, I hit the jackpot. As of today, I have dh jounaling for himself, too...he is doing the program with me! I think it's going to be easier with both of us spurring the other on.
Closed Thread