Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 01:40 PM   #1  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Talking Using Points/Bankingthem?

Ok, I have a quick question for all you veterans of WW out there. If I do NOT use all of my points say today or tomorrow.....and I only have 4.5 left of my flex for the next six days (I didn't do too well yesterday ) and I have 25.5 allotted today- where I can have 28 today- can I bank those points for another day or DO I LOSE THEM? I plan on eating most of them...but since I only have a few flex for special circumstances....can I bank the next few days any(say activity points)that I may have left over just in case I need them?
Thank you in advance!
Old 07-25-2005, 02:36 PM   #2  

Yes, you lose them. You have to use those points that same day
Old 07-25-2005, 03:01 PM   #3  
kellyjoiii

Thanks so much.......that is what I thought!
Old 07-25-2005, 03:12 PM   #4  

Lecture time. You REALLY should use all your points each day. Under point is BAD. If you don't eat enough, you will get the opposite result from what you want. The body doesn't think you are going to feed it properly and holds onto the calories you give it. You really should trust the WW folks who formulated the MINIMUM points for your weight range.

If you need extra points, I suggest activity points. It's not really the right way to look at it, but I've been known to work out for a doughnut!
Old 07-25-2005, 03:19 PM   #5  
kellyjoiii

Melanie, Thanks for the "kick" I have been sitting here tweaking my menu and trying to figure out what I am going to eat for those 3 points (my reg points amount plus my 2 activity points) and will figure out something accordingly. I actually needed to know this kind of thing. I do not go to WW but follow the books and such and look to ya'll to help share your wisdom. (And for this I am ETERNALLY grateful!)
Old 07-25-2005, 03:39 PM   #6  

You're welcome. I don't go to meetings either, but I've been hanging around these boards for quite a while. Stick around and I guarantee, you will get more info thay you ever wanted!
Old 07-25-2005, 04:52 PM   #7  
kellyjoiii

Wow Melanie....did you lose all 71lbs on WW ? How long have you been doing it? Great job! And again thanks so much for the info!
Any pointers from someone who is having success like you if great!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:07 PM   #8  

Hi! I just saw your post. Sorry for the late reply.

Yes. I lost all 71 using WW and started in June 2004. I don't go to the meetings. Instead, I meet with a weightloss group at church which combines a Bible study (and food plan I did not prefer). And, I've been using exercise videos and walking. You may have seen where I've been announcing everywhere that I joined the YMCA yesterday. I'm hoping their trainers can help me get to goal ASAP. I want to be there before buying another winter wardrobe! Last year's is 2-4 sizes too big already!

Stick with it, and it will work! You're off to a great start!
Old 07-27-2005, 01:54 PM   #9  
kellyjoiii

Melanie, thanks for the support and good luck with that goal! You can do it wow 71lbs! I have renewed my faith and am sticking to my guns. Thanks for the pointers...it is nice to know that it can be done and someone IS doing it!
Keep on keepin on!!
Closed Thread