Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 09:30 AM   #1  
si, si signora

Default Thin for life, Week of June 13, 2005

Morning glories,

Its a balmy 73 degrees in St. Louis. It should only hit 64 in Seattle and believe you me, I'm so there. Like Pam, I wilted in the last few days of heat. We didn't want to do anything because the weather just sucked. At least I got a few good naps in....

On my way home, I'll be back in about 5 hours. I am whomped and I still have to make a work appearance. Oh well, its mostly admin stuff. Did I tell you all I'm changing jobs this week? Yikes.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I ate too much and will be glad to get back to the straight and narrow.

oops, must run to ladies and run to gate.

lala
Old 06-13-2005, 01:51 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

It's brutal here--87 degrees and it's just about 2 p.m. This weather is crazy and they're hoping that we experience a break Wednesday--the 70's sound refreshing at this point.

I'm stressed and ready to run screaming out of the office--the orientation stuff is driving me crazy moreso this year than last.

My eating at night is out of control and I need to leash it before it gets any more out of control. On a good note I went to the wellness center at noon and had a hard workout on the elliptical--it felt good.

Lala: Good luck with the job change--hopefully it'll be better for you. Safe flights!

Back to insanity...
Old 06-13-2005, 06:38 PM   #3  
si, si signora

Back in Seattle where its 65 degrees, partly sunny and no humidity.

At work, trying to order some furniture, clean out my office and stay awake. I must say that i did okay for my two breakfasts today. cornflakes and then a strange omelette thingie. Both came with fruit and I didn't get the carbo loaded bisquit with either. However, I am feeling much like a beached whale and am going to weigh in on Wednesday. I am really sort of bummed that I can't seem to get the groove. It could be partially Roya, work, the dog, school etc. However, other than the dog, everything else has resolved itself.

The job is a great step up, project management and oversight of a part of the tsunami mapping program (!!!) including lots of coordination with other agencies. It was nice to be approached instead of looking for something. However, its the same place, same desk etc. It should have a pay hike at the beginning of the new fiscal year too. Funding is steady, so no proposal writing unless I want to.

back to the grindstone,

lala
Old 06-15-2005, 01:51 AM   #4  
si, si signora

Hello all,

I feel like I'm talking into a void ------

"HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Anyhoo, Jacques is at emergency vet tonight. He seems to have lost the partial use of his back legs. I'm sort of freaking out here for a number of reasons, DP is at Woods Hole, 2700 miles away.

Anyways, they hope to have a prognosis tomorrow am.

Its been a long day.

Hope everyone else is okay.

lala
Old 06-15-2005, 07:26 AM   #5  

I'm here lala. Way behind at checking in, but I'm here.

Had a great girls' weekend in Boston, with the exception of the weather which was horridly hot and humid. We literally shopped til we dropped. Spent more money than expected, but got lots of great, fun things for the summer. Lots of good deals at Ann Taylor, and of course Filene's Basement was phenomenal, as usual. 4 solid hours in there!!

I'm heading off again today to visit my parents in New Brunswick. They have cancelled the internet, so I probably won't be in contact. I get back on Monday, have 4 days of work and then I have the SUMMER OFF!

Happy to report that I'm down several pounds. I just haven't been all that interested in eating. I know that sounds strange; maybe it was all that shopping on the weekend that provided the trigger that I needed. Anyway, I'll take it.

Have a great weekend everyone. I will do better at keeping in touch beginning next week.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:57 AM   #6  

It's been crazy here--orientation is upon us so we're in hyperdrive here in the office. The phones don't stop ringing and I've gotten to the point that I forward it to voice mail just to get things done!

On a good note, I have entries in my journal each day this past week I'm happy with that. I don't know what the scale will reflect but I am doing better in the eating department as well.

The heat/humidity has finally lifted here--it's a cool 67 this morning with forecasters calling for a high of 75 today and only 66 tomorrow! Woohoo! I'm not a heat/humidity person!

Lala: I hope Jacques is okay--it's so scary to have them sick.

Susan: Good for you for getting good deals! I wish we had a Filene's near us; of course, I'd be there all the time shopping. I did buy a cute pair of pink sandals on Sunday that I had been eyeing up ever since I saw them. I couldn't help myself. Congrats on the weight loss! You're on your way!

Hi to Pam, Lisa! Hope you both are doing okay!

More later...
Old 06-15-2005, 10:25 AM   #7  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Susan -- Wasn't the weather atrocious? DP says it was 62 when she landed in Boston yesterday and was quite pleased. Glad you had a great trip and found a "click or something" that got you on the right track. Have fun with the parents.

Melissa -- Yikes. Orientation! School just ended here. I hope things mellow and I'm proud of you for getting your journalling in.

Update on the boy --- He's stable, but not standing. They think he slipped a disc in his neck. I'm hoping to transport him to a neurologist this morning. A MRI will give us a better idea of what is going on and what path we need to take.

lala
Old 06-15-2005, 05:19 PM   #8  

Hi ladies,

The weather has finally cooled off. It's only in the high 60's today. Yesterday was brutal. I was in a golf tournament and the temp. was about 90 at 10:00 am! Hazy hot and humid. I lathered on my sun screen, loaded up on bottled water and managed to get in 15 holes before we decided to call it a day. Very strange weather..by 8:00 last night the temp was dropping quickly and it was kind of cool in the house this morning. Nice dinner last night after the tournament, but I really blew it points wise. Oh well I was very good last week and am back on track today.

Lala congratulations on the new job, hope you enjoy it. How is Jacques doing today? He is a beagle correct? Isn't that breed prone to disc problems? Hope the MRI identifies the problem and he has a speedy recovery. Very stressful times for you with pet issues. How long is DP in Woods Hole? We usually catch the ferry there to go over to Nantucket and the Vineyard. Have also been to the museum there a few times.

Susan congratulations on your excellent weight loss. You're back on track! Sounds like you had some great shopping in Boston, I love Filenes and Ann Taylor. What a great weekend!

Melissa I hope things are settling down at work. Bet your glad the temps in your area are dropping also.

Hi to Lisa, I think you're vacationing this week.

Well I should check out of the office and head for home. I have no idea what we are having for dinner tonight. It seems like lately I'm just making the same things over and over. Time to spice things up! Talk to you ladies tomorrow!
Old 06-16-2005, 08:48 AM   #9  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Things here are not good. Jacques' mri showed that his problems may be more neurological -- a tumor, some lesions in several lobes of his brain, some edema that could be menigititis related - they did a spinal tap and that the lesions are also in his upper spinal region. We're waiting on the spinal results. I think we're going to make a decision tonight. DP went and saw him last night and he tried to wag for her , he's very doped up and on a gurney. I just couldn't after spending 45 minutes with him in the truck when we moved him between vets.

He's 13 years old and may never walk again, intellectually I know what to do, but emotionally its a hard decision to make. I love that dog for many reasons, but also because he reminded me very much of DP's father and that is what is the hardest.

Sorry to be a bummer again. I'll check in if I can. I have to go to work today as I'm meeting with some folks for some data transition. Honestly, I can't concentrate.

lala
Old 06-16-2005, 02:47 PM   #10  

Oh Lala that is so sad. I'll be thinking of you.

I'm home today. I was having a lot of back pain last night, which kept me up most of the night. I think a trip to the chiropractor is in store for me today.

Hope everyone is ok..I'll try to sign back on later.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:57 PM   #11  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Pam - I'm sorry about yor back. I hope the chiro can make you better.

I still haven't heard about jacques' spinal tap. The neurologist has been super busy with emergency cases and jacques is stable, but very ill if you know what I mean.

I have kept myself busy today cleaning out a file cabinet, sitting in some meetings and answering emails. DP is gardening and I think its the best thing for her. She's exhausted.

I wish I knew what was happening. I guess I should call again.

Thanks for all your good thoughts.

lala
Old 06-17-2005, 01:29 AM   #12  
si, si signora

Update:
We put jacques the basset extraordinare to sleep tonight. I can't really say much more than it is probably the hardest thing we've ever done.

He is missed and the house is just too quiet.

lala
Old 06-17-2005, 11:41 AM   #13  

Lala: So sorry to hear about Jacques--it's so hard I totally understand what you mean about a "void".

It's crazy here at work and we have 3 more sessions to go. We are at capacity for 3 of them and the last one will probably fill up as well. I'm trying to maintain some sense of sanity. I've gone home with a headache and heartburn the last 4 days!

More later on...
Old 06-17-2005, 12:00 PM   #14  
si, si signora

Melissa - Thanks.

If you worked for a crappy institution then you wouldn't have students beating down your doors! Why do kids do orientation so early? I would be avoiding school like the plague until the last minute.

I'm at work, numb, but probably getting dragged into a meeting shortly. Trying to clean up some loose ends. You don't want to see my office. I have cleaned out a filing cabinet and there is junk everywhere.

I'm taking the flylady approach to this. 15 minutes at a time.

We're going to pull through this. We talked about a puppy last night, just has to be the right time.

lala
Old 06-17-2005, 12:05 PM   #15  

Lala I'm so sorry about Jacques. I'm sure you and DP made the right decision but that does not make it any easier. Sending you both a hug my friend.
Closed Thread