Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 12:22 PM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of Jun 6/05

I had a pretty good time this weekend, except for all of the rain. We have just been swamped! I auditioned for a play, but didn't make it. That's okay; there will be others. I saw the Star Wars movie and really enjoyed it. I want to see the new one with Russell Crowe. Yesterday was rainy again, so I just putzed around and got some excess ready for Goodwill. I also read a lot. I thought I did pretty well on the eating scene, but the scale didn't show it this morning.

Tonight I'm taking DH to a local gourmet restaurant; got a coupon (I'm a coupon freak). I wonder if I should feed him first? Sometimes those places don't give you enough food.

How's everyone else?
Old 06-06-2005, 12:53 PM   #2  

Hi Ladies,

A nice weekend weatherwise here. Sunny skies and temps in the low 80's both days. On Friday we went to my nephews high school graduation. It was very nicely done. Everything ran smoothly and efficiently and I think the whole exercise was done in appoximately 2 hours. I thought with over 200 grads it would take longer than that. Saturday was yardwork/housework day..also managed to get some minature golf in. Yesterday DH and I drove to Stockbridge MA to see the Norman Rockwell museum and make a quick stop at the Country Curtain store. Looking for some new window dressing in the dining room.
I've decided that I'm going to do something about the excess weight I'm carrying around. Starting today, and for the next 2 weeks, I'm going to keep my points between 20-23 and see what happens. This weekend my eating (and drinking) was horrendous. If I don't want to put on another 6 pounds I've got to do something now.

Lisa sorry you didn't get the part in the play, but you're right there will be others. I wan't to see Cinderella Man too, the reviews were excellent. I think I'll be going to see, and I'm sure I'm not getting the name correct, but I thinks it's called the Adventures of The Traveling Pants?? Some young actresses that Lauren likes are in this movie and she wants to go this week.
Sorry to hear you're getting rainy weather, I think this is the first really nice weekend we've had in awhile.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend and enjoying their Monday!
Old 06-06-2005, 03:38 PM   #3  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Had an emotionally exhausting weekend due to a diagnostic mammo/ultrasound I had today. Looks like I'm fine, but whoo, what a thing to go through.

However, as soon as I get the *&$$K paper out the door for my class, I'm going to collapse.

Like everyone else, its time to buckle down. Must avoid caffeine, chocolate and cheese, so maybe I'll do better in the food department.

DP is in DC this week. She just was at the house of representatives learning how the budget process works. Its a very closeup washington experience for future administrators or something.

I love graduation. I can't wait for DP to graduate.

Other than that, I'll continue droning on after I've recovered from my traumatic morning.

lala
Old 06-07-2005, 08:22 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Good mornng! It's been hot & humid here which is a little unusual for this time of year for us. I'm not into this kind of weather so I tend to hibernate inside.

The weekend started off busy--DS #2 had his 8th grade graduation Friday evening and now he's officially a "high school" student. The program started at 7 p.m. and I don't think we got finished until about 8:30ish and then they had a little reception so we didn't get home until after 9:30 p.m. Phew! Saturday I was on the go from the time I got up until I went to bed--got my kitchen floor cleaned and did a lot of walking Work is getting crazy and it seems like the phone doesn't stop ringing, especially in the afternoons.

Yesterday I had a pleasant surprise--I went to Starbucks to get a cup of coffee because I didn't feel like brewing a pot here in the office, and because I had to wait for the coffee to finish brewing the cup was free What a great way to start off a Monday!

I'm working on watching my night time snacking and it's tough but it's coming together. I also have my journal with everything written in it for this past week so I'm happy with that. Who knows what the scale will reflect tomorrow but at least I'm working in the right direction.

Lala: I'm glad the test came out good--it's stressful to think about the "what if's".

Pam: I'm working on keeping my journal because I've slacked in that area as well as getting in all my veggies. It sounds like we're all in the same boat with wanting to get rid of some extra "baggage".

Lisa: We could use some rain here--the forecasters keep calling for a chance but it hasn't materialized. I hope you dry out soon! How was the gourmet restaurant last evening? I remember my DH and I went to a fancy place for our anniversary only to leave there hungry Hopefully that wasn't the case for you.

Susan: How's everything going with you?
Old 06-07-2005, 09:07 AM   #5  
si, si signora

Good morning all.

Waiting for my milk/chai combo to heat up and sending off emails to east coasters....

Did you and Pam and then Susan get slammed (maybe Susan is next) by the storms coming through last night? DP let me listen to the thunder in DC, sounds miserable, but she said it cooled off after that.

Melissa --Congrats on the new high schooler in your life. Next step -- driving school!

I love free coffee and what a nice way to start the week.

I'm quite relieved, but still have to go back in six months for a repeat. I am happy to oblige, just want to get a clean bill of health. Many whatif moments yesterday when the tech told me that the radiologist wanted an ultrasound.

Pam - I would say miniature golf counts as activity points. I loved stockbridge, but I went specificially to see Fletcher Steele's Naumkeag garden. There are tons of great gardens in that area. I'm with you on reigning it in. I managed to do quite well last night after the last few days of worrying. Sushi for dinner followed by a skinny cow fudgescicle (evil and good ).

Lisa -- how was that gourmet dinner? What did you have?

Okay, my chai is done, the two flax waffles are in the toaster oven waiting for a good dry toast (I don't like floppy waffles!) and some homemade apricot preserves and peanut butter.

Off to the gym.

I will return to wake up jacques. He did not take kindly to his 6:30 am wake up yesterday. I had to tip his bed by one side to get him to consider getting up. He was not amused.

Hi Susan!

lala
Old 06-07-2005, 10:32 AM   #6  

The gourmet dinner was very nice. DH had salmon and I had prime rib; we shared of course. There was plenty of food. For dessert, we had raspberry sorbet with fresh strawberries on top! What a combination of fruits. Yum.

I've been slammed at work. It's unbelievable; I'm being pulled in a million different directions. You know why this is happening? Because I'm going on vacation on Saturday. Ugh.

WI is tonight. I would be happy with an M, but not so sure.

lala, when does DP graduate? Did you get the paper done? How was the sushi?

Melissa, another high schooler, huh? Hooray for little surprises a la Starbucks. Sounds like you're busy.

Pam, I'm with you. I don't know where that extra weight has come from. I'm even doing more activities--running now. I heard that Traveling Pants is really for teenagers.

Hi, Susan
Old 06-07-2005, 12:49 PM   #7  

Hi ladies,

The weather is sunny now but we're suppose to get thunderstorms later this afternoon. Yesterday we had a wild little storm blow through the area around 6:00. Not bad here, but the Berkshires got hit pretty bad with 40mph winds.

Well yesterday I kept my points at 25. I'm still shooting for 20-23. So far today I'm doing well with a granola bar for breakfast and a lean cuisine for lunch. Not sure what will be on the agenda for dinner. Something quick and simple since tonight Lauren will be receiving her dance awards. Actually between awards, dress rehearsal and recital every night this week will be busy.

Lala I'm so glad your mammo went well. Amusing story about waking up Jacques..bet he wasn't a happy camper. Thanks for mentioning sushi..that could be an idea for dinner tonight..might pick some up on the way home. What I really would like to do tonight is stop by Nordy's for a little retail therapy. No..actually I should hold off until I drop this excess baggage!

Lisa your dinner sounded yummy. I feel your pain on being swamped at work. Ever since I got back from vacation I've been overwhelmed. I ended up staying late last night just to try and catch up a little. Yes, I think the Traveling Pants will be for the teenagers, but I was so happy that Lauren asked me to go with her instead of one of her friends. That doesn't happen to often lately.

Melissa congrats to your son on his graduation. Hope he enjoys his high school years. It's funny, our kids are almost exactly the same age.

Hi Susan

Well ladies hope you're all having a nice day. Talk to you later.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:14 AM   #8  

WI results: up 1#. Oh well, it could have been worse. I'm going in the wrong direction though. After my vacation, I'll buckle down.

Pam, congrats to Lauren on her dance awards. You are so right that you should feel honored that your daughter asked you to the movie instead of a friend. That's great.

Speaking of my vacation, I've noticed the tropical systems are stirring up near where I'll be staying. Hmmm
Old 06-08-2005, 11:46 AM   #9  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

drive by this am. telecon that i have to pay attention for....

bbl!

lala
Old 06-08-2005, 03:04 PM   #10  

Good afternoon! It's a balmy 90 here today--we're experiencing the 3 H's (hazy, hot, humid)--chances of t'storms but they haven't materialized.

I went to the meeting today at noon and stayed the same, I guess I should be happy with that since I felt puffy and bloated from the heat and eating frenzy last evening. I swear TOM has been wreaking havoc on my system these past few months, that along with stress. Gotta get things under control again!

Pam: Yes, our kids are close in age if I remember right. DS #2 turns 14 in August and DS #1 turns 21 in January Where does the time go??? I agree with Lisa, it's always nice when your kids ask you to do something rather than a friend.

Lisa: You'll be fine...just do the best you can while on vacation and then "buckle down" when you get back.

Lala: I'd be terrible having to attend teleconferences--my attention span is pretty bad when it comes to sitting still for any period of time, lol.

Hi Susan!
Old 06-09-2005, 08:37 AM   #11  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

I am hoping that everything is going smoothly today. I am just exhausted and I wish I could flop on the couch, make the world go away and read a good book.

However, I'm in the airport waiting for my flight to DC via St. Louis. Oy. What a day. I guess at the end at least I'll see DP no matter how distracted she is.

Lisa- Have a great vacation. I know for me being in a bathing suit is enough to stop me from eating. Its that pooch and seeing my thighs while eating. Hmm, maybe I should wear a bathing suit more often.

Melissa - the heat seems early this year. It went from winter to summer without any spring. Even every week it seems to flipflop. I need to go into a different room when having telecons, then I can't check my email.

Pam -- How did Lauren's recital go?

Susan - please check in.

Well, I should probably go say hi to the Airport Club staff- they are an amazing bunch of ladies, hit the rest facilities (clean and quiet) and then go in search of some decent coffee. We're lucky in that the other "local" big coffee company, Tullys, has a store at the AA gates, so I don't have to go to SB. They also have coffee shakes, but I never get those.

I'll check in tomorrow, I think. I have three back to back meetings. I hope I can stay awake and smother out one crisis that is an ugly flare up of something we tabled a few months ago. Wish me luck.

lala
Old 06-09-2005, 09:59 AM   #12  

Melissa, lala's right, it seems like you had no spring! I'm glad you maintained weight-wise. Your son #1 is 21? Hard to believe.

lala, back-to-back meetings. Yuck. Hmmm, your bathing suit idea may work. lol
Old 06-10-2005, 09:14 AM   #13  
si, si signora

Lisa -- try it and if you don't like it, get a mumu and eat to your hearts content!

Melissa - you look too young to have a 21 year old. Time goes somewhere, probably where people get more sleep than us.

Okay, how do you east coast people do it? Its grey, 80 already with 44444444444444% humidity. Yech. I need to leave for the subway, I just don't want to leave airconditioning.

Have a great weekend all. I'm going out with my travelling pal tonight, tomorrow brunch with all these weather policy geeks and a tour of mt. vernon and then free time. We're maybe going to a barbadian restaurant.

Lisa -- If you are leaving this weekend. Happy travels. Take pics.

lala
Old 06-10-2005, 12:25 PM   #14  

Hi Ladies,

This heat and humidity is killing me. This will be our 5th day of 90+ temps. Yikes..no end in sight until the middle of next week. I hope it cools of a little by Tuesday..I'm golfing in our company's tournament. It's always a lot of fun...but 90 temps could certainly put a damper on it.

Well my eating has been much better. I've had exactly 25 ww points every day this week. I'll weigh in tomorrow and I'm hoping for an ever so small drop! I really liked the bathing suit idea. I don't think I ever really liked the way I looked in a swimsuit. Not just the weight, but the color of my skin. I'm very pale and never really seem to get a tan.

Lauren's dress rehearsal Wednesday went fine. The recital is tonight and tomorrow night and then dance is done until the beginning of September. She has one more week of school, they are getting out kind of late this year June 21st...too many snow days I guess.

I hope you all have a nice weekend. I'll talk to you on Monday.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:27 PM   #15  

Pam: It's been brutal here too. Yesterday we hit 91 and had some bad storms roll through early evening but the heat/humidity is back with a vengeance again today. No relief in sight here either until mid-week next week I really don't like this weather! The dewpoint is up near 70 so it's pretty "close" outside.

Lala: I don't feel like I should have a soon-to-be 21 year old. I don't know where the time has gone...seems like yesterday he was going off to kindergarten, lol. The temps aren't usually this hot this early in the season, this is more like late July/August weather. Have fun tonight!

I went to another meeting today at noon to get a different perspective and to get some added motivation going into the weekend. Being inside makes me want to eat...not a good thing. PMS is giving me a hard time and I've been mindlessly munching. On a positive note, I did write it all down.

Hi to Lisa & Susan!

I'm "boss-less" this afternoon so I can kick back and do some catch up stuff. Have a great weekend!
Closed Thread