Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2001, 08:47 PM   #1  

Hi!

I just started back to WW tonight and remember well that lunch is one of my most difficult times. Do you have any ideas for quick WW lunches (the take along kind) for work?
Old 05-31-2001, 10:39 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Default What do you like to eat?

Will you have microwave access?

I have a great list of freezable recipes so you can make your own frozen lunches.

I also have a list of sandwich salad recipes (tuna, chicken, ham, egg).

Salads included with your lunches is great...you can buy them premade and just put them in your container (for a zero point dressing try salsa).

Give us some ideas of what you like.

E-mail me ( [email protected] ) if you want my freezable recipes and/or the sandwich salad recipes.
Old 05-31-2001, 11:49 AM   #3  
LM

My personal favorite is the 2 point sandwich:

2 slices light bread - 1 point
6 slices DeliSelect ham or turkey - 1 point
mustard, lettuce tomato

celery stix, grape tomatoes etc.

plus a piece of fruit - 1 point

3 point lunch and very satisfying.
Old 05-31-2001, 01:51 PM   #4  
WW Jazz Diva! LOL

Default LUNCH IDEAS

Hi there,

Well, funny you mention it because I just ate a HUGE lunch and I'm SO full. I'm not sure what your point limit is, or how you ration them out for each meal....but here's what I had and it was GREAT!

1 Santa Fe Rice and Beans Smart One (5 points)
2 Boca burgers (2 points - 1 each)
2 slices of Kraft fat free cheese melted on the boca burgers (2 points - 1 slice each)

9 points and it was SO filling.......a LOT of food. You could cut out a burger and cheese and have only 7. It was really good and had a very "mexican food" taste to it.
Old 05-31-2001, 07:39 PM   #5  

Thanks much for the replies Kelly, LM and tjsjazzgrl. I really appreciate it!! Yes, I do have access to a microwave so that will be quite helpful. We also have a refrigerator to keep things cold. As far as what I like, I like a really good sandwich and actually do feel quite satisfied "when I take the time to make them." I never really thought about putting salsa on my salad, but that is another GREAT idea. I love salsa and I really haven't found a low fat dressing that I enjoy eating, so that is worth a try for me. The 0 point part makes it especially enticing!

I don't like frozen meals like WW or Lean Cuisine or the like. I can take a few bites and then I start to "gag" on them. I don't know why, but I've come to realize that I've wasted a lot of money trying them and I'd prefer to eat real food that I could serve to anyone and they wouldn't feel like they were being deprived of anything. I know, it's a hangup of mine, but I know that I have it and I deal with it. I guess what I'm saying is that I need to eat real food or I won't stick with it.

Again, thanks for the suggestions. I can do this!!!
1Success

Kelly - I'll e-mail you!
Old 06-01-2001, 01:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I have a breakfast that is about 5 points or less. Then I put things like apples, power bars, dried soup packets, oranges, chopped veggies, etc in a back that total no more than 6-9 points. I munch on them all day and still have plenty of room for dinner.
Old 06-01-2001, 07:37 AM   #7  

If school is in session, I usually make a sandwich with two pieces light sourdough bread, 1 slice turkey, 1 slice 2% skim milk American cheese, and honey mustard. To that I add a jello swirl fat free pudding cup and then either cherry tomatoes, green pepper and occ. an apple. I used to take a lot of the low fat WW dinners but then had to stand in line to get to the microwave. In the winter, I will take some of the 0 point soup that I make. It is worth standing in line for!!!

The key for me is to eat a light morning snack (usually a V8 and green pepper). If I don't then I really want that school lunch tray. Our cooks make excellent food, but it is a landmine of fat sugar and calories.

I would experiment with different lunches. As someone else said, I don't know what your points range is, but I generally "spend" 6-8 points on lunch. It keeps me from eating like a madwoman when school is out at 3.

Elaine

297/281/145 WW since 4/17/2001
Closed Thread