Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 05:11 AM   #1  

Morning lady's and gentelman...I wish my whole family what is left was on this program with me....I just think W is the best....I lost my sister before the holidays and my brother & other sister both had heart by-pass and both are very heavy...also have a step brother who I know is 400 pounds...I do worry about them but I guess I can't help them, they have to help themselfs...I can only take care of me, I am now at a stand still...and yo yo...but I will never quit....I will get to my goal....6 more to go....I love this site, I can stay onit for hours getting receipts, and reading all the post ...it is great...keep it up and if you like to be my buddy that will be cool....Florida here....JOY
Old 05-22-2001, 05:44 AM   #2  

Default Way to go

Hi folkdancer, congratulations on nearing your goal, it's a hard journey but so worth it. You're right that you can only wish your loved ones will one day be ready to lose the weight that it sounds like is threatening their lives. I don't know how much weight you have lost, but I know after losing 75 lbs, I wasn't ready until I was ready if that makes sence. Several of my family & friiends approached me before I was ready to begin, and I was only offended and hurt. All you can do is show them by your example how good it feels to be at a healthy weight.
Don't stress over the last 6 lbs. They'll come off in their own good time, just keep plugging along and maybe try tweaking your points or add in some exercize. As you get this close, take comfort in how far you've come, not how far you have left to go. You are nearly there, be proud of yourself.
Take care, Jo
Old 05-22-2001, 07:16 AM   #3  

Default 6 more to go

Thanks Jo for coming back to be so fast....I do a lot of reading and getting information. I started before the Holidays, coming off slowly but coming off...like 19 pounds..I do a lot of dancing so I don't need a lot of weight on me. My back is bad so I can only do so much exercise....I am 136. and want to be 130 that is good for my age, I am 64 years old. but don't take any med...good old WW..I love the point system... was on WW a long time ago and lost 42 pounds but a lttle harder now because of back, & age...but I will make it....YES!!!!!!JOY
Old 05-22-2001, 11:34 AM   #4  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Folkdancer 63,
You're inspiring! Keep up the good work.

234/205/thinner
Old 05-22-2001, 11:54 AM   #5  

Default 6 pounds to go

I do believe the url is very slow this afternoon....was not slow this morning..any ways thanks joung WW...love to here from all of you....we all are in the same boat...you know row row row your boat...lol
we all know just what to do....I am so glad that I do have people like yourself to chat with about WW....I try to read them all and have paper with me to jot down information any little help is good....I am always learning....today I a hunger alot....and it is not quit 12pm....I had a nice shake before only 2 points....not that was before...well guess I will get out some filling soup....and get my water.....write back....love to chat.JOY
Closed Thread