Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 10:33 AM   #16  

Hello everyone..Tomarrow is my first weigh in and I can wait. I feel that I have lost and my husband said he could really tell. It being my first week...if I have lost like 6 to 10 is that to much or right for someone starting off?
Old 01-28-2005, 10:52 AM   #17  

Thumbs up Back on track!

Good morning everyone! I just finished working out on the total gym and I thought I would make a quick post before I tackle the housework that has been calling my name all morning. lol! It feels so nice not to have to be rushing to the hospital or here and there like I have been doing for the past few weeks. I can see how it would be very difficult to stay op when you are on the go alot! It would take some planning ahead. Yes I am relieved to be back at home where I can easily keep track of points and no without guessing what I am putting in my mouth! I tried to make healthy choices while I was away but it is hard to really know your points when you are eating someone elses food. So now I am back op and very happy and optomistic! I am feeling so much better about myself than I used to. I am not even worrried about the numbers on the scale so much anymore because I know I feel better and am getting healthier everyday! But dont get me wrong I am still going to when the scale drops! Have a wonderful day everyone! Remember to drink the magic liquid (water)!!!! And please make yourself and your health priority #1!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 10:57 AM   #18  
Jennifer

Default Hello

Good Morning Everyone,

Well I'm up at 10:54 a.m. I've got a cold. I haven't eaten anything and I've been up an hour. I'm not hungry I drank some hot ginger tea. It has helped a little bit. But Mom making a cake. and I will have to eat something before I have a slice of it. So I guess I had better go and eat something before it gets done. see you all later

Toodles: When I first started weight watchers 3 years ago My first week I lost 6.6 but it varies in the people and how their metabolism works. Mine is very high I'm always moving. Sometimes I can't quit LOL I look pretty funny when I can't! But I'm sure you will have a big weight loss this week. but the weeks after this one will slow down. I weigh 326.6 so I can lose 3.2 safely a week but it will be different if you weigh 280 you could lose 2.8 safely. Just take the first 2 digits of your weight and put a decimal in between them and that's how much you could lose safely each week. Like 150 you could lose 1.5 or 240 you could lose 2.4 safely. Just remember sometimes Natural causes will cause weight gained too and sometimes you won't lose as much as you would like but remember anything worth having takes time!
Old 01-28-2005, 11:39 AM   #19  
No Uno Mas?

Default Good Morning

Jennh- Sorry to hear about your cold...hope you feel better soon.

Toodle- Welcome to the group. Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow. My first week I lost 4.6. Like Jennh said..it is different with everyone. I've noticed the bigger you are the bigger the loss the first few weeks and I believe that its mostly water.

I hope I did good this week considering this was my first full week of school and had to work on all the other days. I really need to fit in the exercise. I had to drop my fitness class because of Algebra. I may take it again this summer or fall. Is anyone considering plastic surgery if you find that once you reach goal...you have a lot of excess skin? I've been giving it little thought.

Gotta go study..I will chack back later
Old 01-28-2005, 04:02 PM   #20  

Talking Welcome?...OF COURSE!

Of course you are welcome,Cyn! Anyone of the "old gang" and any new people for that matter! The more the merrier, right?
Sorry to hear about the pedometer, Christine.
Cyn: Glad to hear your parents are doing well after their surgeries! Goodness! You have been really stressed, more than likely. I sure would be. But I am glad things are getting back to "normal" for you. It sure is a great feeling when you feel good about yourself even if you don't lose! I say the same. I know that I am eating better and even if I only lost .8 lbs I am happy. Yes, I went to weigh in this morning. I was debating to weigh in or not but the couriosity got the best of me. I am glad I did. If you remember I didn't think I would lose any because I didn't think I did well at all, what with the 3 pieces of cake that day..... However I did get on the I think I am getting to like ! I am going to do the exersizes in the little booklets I got from Weight Watchers and the dvd on ulternate days as well as going to the fitness center at work.

Hello Toodle It is nice to meet you. I'm Shawn. I have been going to WW (this time) since November 3rd or somthing like that. I have dropped a whopping 13.6 lbs! I have much more to go but I am working on it and these wonderful ladies are keeping positive! I think if you are eating your points, feeling satisfied, not deprived or stuffed, drinking your water and taking your multi-vitamin(s) you should be fine. Your body will probably adjust to the weight loss and even out. If it is your first week you have snuck(?) up on it and surprised it possibly. Next week could be a new story. I am not trying to scare you just letting you know it probably won't always be that much (not sure it would be healthy if it was ) So you are fine in my guesstimation
As for the rewards Jen...I think it is fine to get something now if it will help you remain possitive. I was going to get new walking shoes, or a pedometer or something. However my buget said NO! So I settled for some Weight Watcher products, the toffee banana bars and the Twistes. That's all I am getting this time. When I know I am going to keep with the workouts I will get some good cross training shoes. When I can afford a nice pair.
Anyway, I am going to go. Got laundry in and need to go check it. Will be back later.
Have a Wonderful DAY!
Old 01-28-2005, 04:49 PM   #21  

Thanks so much to everyone for the info. I joined last Saturday and about fell off the scales when I seen I was at 301, my highest weight ever. So I started off Sunday counting my points. I am so amazed at how I have stuck with it all week and eat all my points and drinked all my water. Every other diet I have tryed just didnt keep me full. I was just worried about losing to fast. I am sure if I lose alot this week that it has to be water and will be happy from then on with a pound or two each week. I have a fear of gaining it back and then some if I lose to quick. Once again thanks and till tommarrow. I will post as soon as I can on how much I did lose.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:57 PM   #22  
Jennifer

Smile Well Here I am

Hey Everyone,
I have just now been able to get back on the computer from this morning. I've been bad sick with the cold. I went to sleep at about 6 p.m. and woke up at 8 30 p.m. I was running a fever My mom could tell. The fever has broke now and I feel 99% better. I feel better but I have to go rest. I thought I would jsut update and tell ya'll I was feeling better. I will talk to you all later!
Try not to get sick like I did LOL. also Thanks for the calender idea I've been doing that for this week. See you all later.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:59 AM   #23  
No Uno Mas?

Default Compliments

Hello,

I hope all of you are doing well and staying on track
It snowed here last night. Thank god it didn't add up to much I'm not much on winter. I'll take the Fall weather anyday.
Sometimes it is hard for people to notice you're losing weight. I think its because they see you almost everyday. A woman that works in a different department commented me on my loss last night and someone who hasn't seen me in a year or so said how good I looked and then promised me a job once I'm out of college. Does accepting compliments ever get easier? Believe it or not I'm an introverted person and I don't take any form of compliments well. I've noticed that overweight people are treated different than the "skinny people" I hope that I can get over this and not be bitter when I'm at goal...kinda like why weren't you like this when I was overweight?...maybe its just me talking crazy ok, enough about me
Have a good day and I'll check in later

Last edited by Christalynn; 01-29-2005 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:49 PM   #24  

Post Not sure

Chirstine, I'm not sure if taking compliments gets easier for everyone. I guess I have had enough people tell me not to get down on myself (I have self-esteem problems from years ago). So I tend to just say "Thanks" And you are right....overweight people are treated differently. "Skinny people" are always flurted with and noticed first. But I think a lot of times it is maybe our own fault....I mean we fade into the back ground because of our weight. Don't want to be noticed. Afraid they will say something bad or mean so we'd rather be ignored than take that chance. Well, not that I am all knowing but I have come to realize that if they don't like me it is their loss and too bad for them cause I am a nice person worth knowing! So I try to speak up (not sound stupid if I can help it ) And when people give me compliments, not just weight related, I say thanks and smile. Sometimes I tell them I have been working on it (whatever it might be) and I am glad they can tell. Anyway, no more wall flower for me!
Ok, done now!
Well, I have had a couple wonderful days.
Friday, I cleaned and went to WW weigh in and meeting. Told you all about that. Did laundry and stuff. Nice day. Got lots done. Which I can do if I say off the computer. Yesterday, went out with Larry all day to his work sites. He is a carpenter and owns his own business and another one with three other people. I like looking at all the new houses. Gives me ideas for decorating and stuff. We went to the Home and Garden Show. That was nice too! Then today we went to church and Sunday school, which Larry teaches for our singles there. Then had lunch with a friend from church and her daughter. After that we went shopping. I fit into another pair of jeans that I haven't worn in over a year! So that made me feel really good! It has been raining and snowing all day but what a wonderful couple of days!
I have decided that I will redecorate my room. Paint, curtains and bedlinens. I would do the carpet too but we plan on doing that later.
Anyway, I can hardly wait to get started!
I guess I should go. You know me....I could go on all night!
Closed Thread