Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 12:03 AM   #16  
No Uno Mas?

Default Thoughts Among Other Things

Hiya.

I'm about to call it a night. I stated my non-food journal and thought I would share my Introduction with you all....
Thoughts among other things are never silently hidden. Given our voice, we gather words and set them to dry vibrant, inspired and genuine. Touching as it may seem, free minds soar on the boundless possibilities of life, love and beyond. Things we desire and need set us on a journey where we make choices, some damaging and some fruitful but both equally life altering. Our outward actions and inward desires determine the outcome of our lives.
This is my journey to a new creation. A degree to obtain, 100 pounds to lose, fulfillment to add and a whole lot of healing. This is just the beginning to get where I need to be.

This actually came from a poem I wrote about two years ago and thought I would re-visit it and make some changes.
Have a good night everyone.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:44 AM   #17  

Smile Thursday morning ramble

Christalynn You definately have talent with writing~great job!
I did some yoga and stretching this morning. I really feel like going back to bed! I know that isnt going to happen but it is a nice thought! Not much to say this morning just wanted to stop in and say hello and everyone have a great day! I will be back later to check in.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:48 AM   #18  

I won't be working out today, I am extremely tired and have to go to job training from 3-8 pm. And we need to go buy a new faucet for the sink, along with some other shopping. With the way this is going I might not be able to work out until Sunday or Monday. I will see though....
Old 01-13-2005, 07:26 PM   #19  
goddess in the making

Default so what is the diff between all the "New Creations"

just curious, I am a newbie here and want to part of an active community!!! I hope to fine inspiration, and give inspiration!!!Hope I am in the right place!?
Old 01-13-2005, 07:58 PM   #20  
No Uno Mas?

blissfil- Welcome to New Creations. You will find we are a very active group. Every monday there is another New Creation started so there isn't a lot of pages to go through. We chat about a little be of everything from weigth loss to the weather. This is a very motivational group I know everyone will welcome you.

Knitting it is. I found a knitting instructional book that has a section for left handers..WOOHOO Did you know that I was turned away from violin lessons because I'm a lefty? I'm about to go the extra mile on WATP. 2 miles total and end it with some toning Of course this isn't going to happen till after CSI
Can anyone find the bread from Weight Watchers? It isn't here in my corner of the world.

I'll check in later..till then
Old 01-14-2005, 05:58 AM   #21  
Happy Kitty Mom =^..^=

Smile Hello Friends!

Hiya everyone. Sorry I've not been here in so very long. *sigh* It looks like 2005 may be a weird year for my family.

My grandma is doing great! Thanks again for everyone who offered prayers and good thoughts!

However, my grandma's oldest daughter, my mom's sister, had a stroke 4 days after my grandma got out of the hospital. *head shake* I still can't believe it. She's home now and will be going for surgery sometime in the next month or so as her carotid arteries are both VERY blocked. One is blocked about 80% and the other is blocked almost 100%. So, she needs the surgery yesterday but her "doctor" said it's okay to wait. (is there an eyeroll smiley? Oh look, there is )

Jen your weight loss is very impressive! Happy Joy for you! Yay! I hope your "socket" is okay. Nothing worse than dry socket! *owch*

umma Yahoo on YOUR loss as well! Yippee! (I just LOVE it when people are "losers" ) and WOW for hitting that wonderful personal goal! Yippee! When I hit my goal weight I will have lost a whole other me plus some. Makes it so real when you think of it like that huh?

Christina Yep it was me who suggested knitting. If you want to talk more about it or want my websites, feel free to email me at kaemea at yahoo dot com. (I write it out like that so the spambots don't get me! watch using your email addy...they WILL get you! grrr on spambots!) or if you'd rather, I'll post them here again. What book did you get? I personally am loving the Stitch n ***** guide to knitting. I've been off my knitting lately though. Too much stress and too much research needing to be done. *sigh* But I'll get back to it next week. I'm going to be trying to make a tinsel scarf for my niece for her birthday next month...yikes! it's going to be here soon and I haven't started! It's VERY simple and very cute...if you want the pattern, I'll email it to you!

Shawn Yay for staying the same! Sometimes our bodies need to stay the same so they can play "catch up"! Means you're doing the right things! Yippee! Oh, and it was me who taught herself to knit while sick. I'm such a hambone I had to throw that in there! Same as with Christina, if you want me to send you the links or just want them here...email me 'k? I Love getting email from new friends! And if you just want to chat...or talk about knitting...or books. I love books. Love love love books. *G*

Cyn Good for you on the chicken breast and rice! Yippee! What a good choice! And good for you on starting a NEW habit instead of just calling out! Hooray!

Chixyb andBlissful Hi! I'm Kae. I'm nuts. I have 4 cats, a dbf and 190 or so lbs to lose! Glad to meet you both and welcome to the New Creations!

Hey Christina your writing is beautiful. It really spoke to me today. I've been in such a slump. Depressed and generally feeling icky. I'm also working up a good sore throat and ears so I'm just feeling blah. But your words have really helped. Thank you so very much for sharing them! Oh and plewy on the "teacher" who turned you away for being left handed! If you still want to learn, keep trying! My roommate from college is left handed and taught herself to play the guitar...she plays righthanded with the strings upside down! (meaning, the low string is on top and the high string on bottom instead of the other way 'round like it would be for right handers) So I say go for it! As Roald Dahl said in Charley and the Chocolate factory, "we are the Music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams!"

Okay, well, I'm ready to hit the waterbed. Yep, it's 5:45 am here in Cincinnati. I've been working all night (I'm lucky, I can work when I want and from home) and I just want to go and call it a "day".

Huggles to everyone!

Kae

PS...question of the day for anyone wanting to answer:

What veggies or fruits do you like to snack on? Do you snack on "non traditional" veggies or fruits?

I personally like:

Sno Peas
Turnips
Spinich (raw thanks...no dressing needed!)
Iceburg lettuce
Beets (I like 'em dilled. haven't tried 'em roasted yet)
Celery
Carrots (although I'm a bit off these right now)
Apples
Tangerines
Lemons (yep, I like lemons just for eating somedays. I'm weird )
Musk Melon (cantulope)
Strawberries (in season)
Grapes (preferably frozen! These are tasty little buggers when they're frozen)
Jicama
Frozen peas. Yep, frozen. Hold over from childhood.

grr. Now I'm hungry.

K~
Old 01-14-2005, 01:07 PM   #22  
No Uno Mas?

Hello,

Thanks for all the kind words on my writing. I’ve always been able to express myself better in writing.

Kae- I would love the pattern you spoke of.. I haven’t bought any books or supplies yet. I will do all that on Tuesday. Wow, sounds like you have a lot of things happening in your family right now. Good to see you back.

Here is my email address christalynn74 at hotmail dot com. I love to get mail so if anyone of you want to send me some that would be great.

Is there any readers out there want to start a book club? One of my non weight resolutions is to read more.

This is a short list of the veggies and fruit I like.
Green Beans
Corn
Spinach
Strawberries
Grapes

Gonna go for now. I’ll check in before bedtime.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:56 AM   #23  

Talking Welcomes, hellps and general stuff!

Welcome Meagan and Blissful! Well, if you have checked back you can see we are pretty versitile on subject matter. We sort of found each other about a month ago or more and have grown (at least I have) to feel very close to one another.
I sure hope you will stay around and give us encouragement and get encouraged by us!
Kae It is great to see you back! I am sorry to hear about your family! Glad your grandmother is better but it must be hard on all of you to see that stuff going on! And....you are not NUTS! Very sweet and caring! I'm sorry you are starting to feel sick again! I have been fighting a cold for about 2 weeks now. Scratchy throat, stuffy nose.....I know how you feel.
Yes I would like the site. I might try again to knit.
Christina,Yes, your writing is beautiful! I have been keeping a prayer jounal for about 3 years now. I don't always write everyday. I forget or get to tired . But I write to God and share my thoughts and dreams with Him. Not as poetic as yours but ......
Hi Umma, and Cyn! Hope you guys are doing good! Gosh, our little group is getting so big I need a paper to keep everyone straight! And that is GREAT!!!!!
As for the fruits and veggies:
Oranges
Apples
Carrots (though not so much now)
Celery ditto
Cauliflower
Broccoli
I like strawberries but boy they are expensive.

Well, I had better get going. I think I will do the Weight Watcher dvd.
Get laundry done and take a nap! I have been so tired lately!
ok I will be back later. And Being LAAAAZY!
Old 01-16-2005, 12:41 AM   #24  
No Uno Mas?

Default Thank God This Day Is Over

Hey,

Where did our group go

I beat my own water intake goal. Two days ago I drank 160oz I had several potty breaks that day
I've had a very bad day alltogether and I'm ready to crawl under my covers and slip into a coma. The only good thing was that my points were perfectly on target.

I have a strange question. What size would a average 140 pound woman wear?

Sorry so short. I'll check back in the morning
Old 01-16-2005, 10:17 AM   #25  

Post Answer to question

I think the average 140 lb woman would wear a size 12. At least I think that is what I was wearing. But then I am short 4 ft.11 in .
Got to go but will check in later!
Have a wonderful Sunday!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2005, 01:32 PM   #26  
goddess in the making

Hi everyone, thanks so much for the wonderful welcome!!!!! I weighed in yesterday, and am down 4 lbs towards my Valentined goal, and I am not getting too excited because PMS should be kicking in next week sometime then...eeeaaakkkk!!!!!! Who else has crazy PMS and please tell me the positive ways that you deal with it instead of eating you way thru the fridge and cupboards!!!!! I just hate the cravings!!! I am glad to be here and am happy to have found such an active website!!! What plan is everyone on, ?
I have tried WW about 10 times and never stick wilth it for more that 3 months, all the weighing gets to me eventually!!!
And that is not good, but I do not want to be in the same place next year as I am in this year!!! I am getting tired of listening to my own excuses!!!
all sounds like blah blah blah to me!!!!!!!!!

my Valentines challenge
Old 01-17-2005, 12:43 AM   #27  
No Uno Mas?

blissful- Congrats on the big loss I haven't found any solutions to PMS... all I know is its cruel to put us women through this every month I am on WW and I love it. Weighing in every week keeps me motivated and accountable for my actions.
We are a active group but it seems at the moment that we have several MIA's. I'm sure they'll all be back soon.

I was hoping you all could keep my mom in your prayers. She has cancer and went through chemo and radiation. We want to believe that the cancer is gone but she is having terrible side effects. She thinks the cancer has caused other problems and at this point who knows what's going on. She can't go back to the doctor til Febuary because she hasn't healed completely from the treatments.

I am beginning to feel yucky . It never fails that at the beginning of every semester, I go back to school sick. A woman I work with had strep and pneumonia. I've worked with her a couple of those days.

Wish me luck I weigh in Monday morning. I hope every one has had a good day.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:27 PM   #28  
No Uno Mas?

Talking I Did It

Hello,

Today was the day. I lost a total of 15 pounds!

It has been mind over matter all week. I kept telling myself and others that I needed to lose exactly 1.7 to make my 15 and this morning at weight in...I lost exactly 1.7

I hope everyone is having a good day. I'll check in later this evening
Old 01-17-2005, 02:07 PM   #29  

Talking Coool Beans!

Congratulations [B]Bliss and Christina[B]! We did great then cause I lost 3 lbs since my last weigh in! So it makes a total of 12.6 down! Remember I gained over Christmas But I lost it now so I know that sticking to it makes the difference for me.
Yes, Christina I will keep you Mom in my prayers.
I was thinking of more fruits and veggies I like and snack on:
watermelon
cantelope
grapes
I like lemon too. Only problem is I like salt on mine. No taquilla! (Sorry if I spelled it wrong, but you know.)
grapefruit
Boy! I thought I had a lot but now I can't remember again!
Well, it is such a beautiful day here in sunny Colorado that I am going to wash my car!
I also want to look for a spagehtti recipe. I made some Italian seasoned bread in my bread machine and now I am craving spagehtti!
I'll be back later!
Old 01-17-2005, 02:25 PM   #30  
Jennifer

Red face Long Time no See

Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while I've been busy all this week. Doctor's appointments and Dentist appointments, It's just a constant run. Where the dentist pulled my tooth it's getting better but it's still sore. We got take out today from Subway I had a 6 inch meatball sub. 11 points I wish I hadn't had! I've had 19 flex points this week. I wish I could lose 2.6 this week but I doubt I will. I thought I would get on and tell you all hello I haven't been on in about a week. I figured the New Creations 6 would be starting today or tomorrow. I got tomorrow to weigh in. I'm afraid I've gained I hope I haven't I guess I had better go I'm going to try and get back on track with the program today and tomorrow. I will try to get on later.

Vicki: When ever you want to I will talk to your daughter! Just pm me her e-mail addy and nicknames on the messengers if she wants to talk sometime. I will see you later.
Closed Thread