Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 07:45 AM   #1  

I am serious this time, to get the weight off and keep it off. Tired of being heavy and not feeling good. I have a friend who's going to be on this journey with me, and support each other. With the support on the boards and her, i know i will reach my goal. 189/goal 135. Take Care, Shirley

------------------
Shirl.
Old 03-02-2001, 06:13 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I started out where you are! I am close to where you want to be. You can do this. It is For you and please know that you are better than the fat! Take it one day at a time, and set small goals.

-L
Old 03-02-2001, 08:23 PM   #3  

I needed that L. Thanks a millon for cheering me on. I know i can, one day at a time. Thats going to be my motto. Shirley

------------------
Shirl.
Old 03-02-2001, 11:46 PM   #4  

Shirley- you've thaken the most important first step- way to go! That's great that you havve a friend to do it with, it makes it WAY easier to have someone to talk to and vent with!
I started out 12lbs heavier than you in August 2000, and am a little heavier than your goal- but am very happy and healthy there! If I can do it, anyone can! Best of luck to you- if you ever need advice or just to ramble on, this is the best place for it!
~tara~

------------------
~saskie~
start 201/WW 148/present 140.6/personal goal 130-135
Old 03-03-2001, 04:35 AM   #5  

Shirley,
Congratulations on your new weight loss journey. I love hearing new people who are eager to begin a new healthy life style. You sound somewhat like me (and probably many others) when I finally got sick of my body and who I was becoming. I weighed 171 at 5"2 which is horrific for someone my height. I decided in 1999 to do something. In 2000, I got serious and currently down 35lbs. You can do this. You are ready. Come here and vent when you need to. We are all in this together!

Fran
Old 03-03-2001, 05:39 AM   #6  
Determined Chick!

It is so helpful to me to hear of other people who were successful -- congrats to you guys! Can you share a tip or two that kept you on the right track? For those of us at the beginning of this journey, it seems *really* long :-Z.

I'm with you Shirley! We can do this!
Old 03-05-2001, 03:11 PM   #7  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Sure--one surefire thing to do is forget the total amount of weight you want to lose and forget your GOAL. Instead think about the next five pounds. Before you know it, the time has gone by and you're on to the next five, and the next, and the next. Well, you get the picture....
Good luck. Don't think about the whole picture. Work on all the great advice you get here and at WW and make each day count.
Old 03-05-2001, 08:50 PM   #8  
Chick-a-dee

It's so easy to think of success only in terms of making the final weight loss goal..I've re-defined success to include changes in my behaviors and attitudes, not necessarily reductions in weight. As I focus on changing inside, the weight is coming off, but I'm not stressed out if I don't lose as much as I wanted, or even if I gain a little (always water, of course!). Just like Itryharder says, it's so much easier to take this in little increments. Celebrate every pound as if it were the final goal, and get rid of the guilt. Guilt weighs more than fat does!

Sometimes success is not eating the whole bag, but only eating half!

Good luck! Annie 290/214/150
Old 03-07-2001, 06:50 PM   #9  

Default Good advice I need all i can get

Thanks for all of your tips. I need all of them. I am doing good so far. I ate all my points today tho. Maybe i can cut back a little tomorrow. I am making it my goal next week to walk 20 minute's everyday. I have been walking, but not that far. I have been thinking about combining the carb addicts diet, with ww. Go by points but eat my carbs at 1:00pm, in 1 hour to reduce insulin. I am going to try it.but may not stick with it. I will let you know. I found if i eat most of my food around about 1:00 p.m, then i am not even hungry after that. I have rambled on . Take care everyone hugs Shirley
Old 03-07-2001, 10:37 PM   #10  
Chick-a-dee

Shirley,

There's nothing wrong with eating all of your points! Fewer points won't necessarily mean you'll lose faster, because if your body thinks it's starving, it will hold onto those little fat cells much harder. Good for you trying to walk some every day. That's the hardest for me to get in, because my days are long and I feel like I'm running ragged sometimes. It's much easier for me to eat right than it is to exercise!

Take care,

Annie
Closed Thread