Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 01:33 AM   #1  

Default New Habit WWer Buddy

Hi Just want to introduce myself to everyone. I am Laura, 50 yr old overweight dieter basket case. I have a hard time losing w/o a support buddy. I am 60 pounds from goal. Recently retired I have plenty of time to be a great friend online. We could chat about nothing, share our goals/disappointments, recipes, tips, etc. I really want daily accountablity with my buddy. my email addy is [email protected] For chats (which are more personable methods of getting to know each other) I have
AIM (Ladybugplus), ICQ (82951813) Yahoo (Ladybugplus),
MSN Messenger (LBP_ or put in [email protected]) The more the merrier. Losing weight takes a strong cord of support IMHO so lets support each other in this battle of the bulge. Lets do it together. Laura

PS I also love to play online games like yahtzee on www.games.com
220/218/198
Restart/current/10% Goal
Old 05-31-2004, 01:01 PM   #2  

Thumbs up

Laura,
Hi my name is Jennie and I too am looking for an online friend that I can ask a million and one questions regarding weight lost too. I am here if you want to chat monday through friday 9-5. I am a 26 yr old woman with no children and a husband of 6 years. My goal is by 9-11(my anniversay) I want to be at 160. I am going to Dominican Republic for 2 weeks and I want to look awsome.

I have pco and it is very hard for me to lose weight but I am really trying. I drink slimfast and count pts. I dont know if it is bad to do both but it seems to be working for me. I also walk 2 miles a day and sometimes jog a few laps. I started weighing 195 then went down to 190 then again up to 195 and this past month of may i really made it a point that i was going to start eating better and exercising. I drink plenty of water now and stopped drinking soda and I have a lost a total of 9lbs!

Being hispanic is also hard because we cook with lots of seosonigs and oil. And not to say my mom is an excellent cook making it even more difficult but I am doing well.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:05 PM   #3  

Thumbs up WW Buddy

Hi LadyBugPlus!
I couldn't resist replying since one of my favorite names is MsBugZ, which was the license plate on the VW bug (new Style). Also I've been collecting LB stuff since the 60s. My DH and I have been on WW for 6 wks and we're doing pretty good. Learning new things all the time and really finding the points a good way to keep track and have good meals. Have you done WW before or is this new for you too? So how can we help each other. I work 25 hrs a wk, was retired then DH lost job, has gone back to school and my retirement just wasn't enough to support us. I'm 60 with a new granddaughter, the first one, we have 2 retired greyhounds and 2 rescued cats from the humane society. Now we are trying to rescue our bodies . I think animals are easier.
Good luck, I'll look forward to hearing from you!
Closed Thread