Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2001, 03:27 AM   #16  

Meredith, you CAN do it. I did, and if I could, anyone can! You already have made prgress by changing the rest of your unhealthy habits. You did those, I assume, because you want to extend your life.

The question I asked myself was...DO I WANT TO DIE BECAUSE OF THIS? You must look at your mortality. I had to scare myself into it. There are films you can get from the Lung Association, watch them over and over. Look at what your lungs could look like, how people die, horrible painful deaths from this. Sounds morbid, but it was the only thing that worked for me.

Wishing you life and happiness...

Old 02-20-2001, 03:29 AM   #17  

Also, you can look this info up on the internet, which might be faster!
Old 02-22-2001, 11:21 AM   #18  

Meredith..you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine told me that when he was quitting he took lots of showers when the cravings hit because it was the one place he didn't ever smoke. That probably would have worked for me.....but DH smoked in the shower (a crazy man!) so it wouldn't work for everyone.......

Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Susan
Old 02-23-2001, 01:04 PM   #19  

Susan, that is so funny! I take close about 3 showers a day for that reason! I figure if I'm bored, I either eat or smoke. So, I take a shower because I don't eat or smoke in there. Good to know I'm not the only one! I also go to the gym more often now because you can't smoke there either. It's also nice to think that eventualy I will be walking faster, longer.

Today I have been getting a kind of wheeze cough thing. Someone told me that means my lungs are healing. Its funny, just one little wheeze. Then another one several hours later.

Also, I have not gotten any sleep for 42 hours. This Zyban is making me nuts! I feel awake and alert but I have big, black bags under my eyes. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm going to call the doc and see if I can take Tylenol PM or something. If not, I will probably have to go cold turkey. I can't imagine my body will forgive me if I go too long without sleep.

Thanks again for all of your posts, you have no idea how it helps. I come to this thread about three times a day to read and re-read all of the reasons to quit!

Meredith
Closed Thread