Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 07:10 PM   #1  
Away we go!!!!!! (pounds)

Talking New to weight watchers

Hi everyone. I am glad to be here. First of all, let me explain that I switched over from Atkins yesterday. I don't want to bash the Atkins diet and am not doing so, it just wasn't for me. I was sick from the day I started it and never got feeling better.

I attended a weight watchers meeting and am on now on my way. And, I am very happy to report that after eating "normally" and within my points yesterday and today, I feel 100% better.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:50 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good for you cly,
You may find a gain in the first week or 2 from changing plans, stick with it.
-L
Old 11-05-2003, 08:38 PM   #3  

Welcome to WW. Wonderful plan and wonderful people.
Old 11-16-2003, 03:22 PM   #4  

Angry

hi clynne....welcome....I'm a "newbie" too....this is my 3rd week of WW. I also was on the Atkins diet and it actually worked for me for about 7 months (I lost 60 lbs) and then I started gaining again. They started up a WW at work program, and for me it was just in the nick of time.... week 1 I lost 9 lbs and week 2 was 1.5. I feel great and feel like I'm definitely eating a more healthy diet. I also belong to Curves. I joined last February and try to go at least 4 times a week. It definitely helps. No matter how much I have to "push" myself to get there after work I ALWAYS feel better when I'm through. Its quick and painless and only takes 1/2 hour a day. Helps when you have a busy schedule.
Best of luck to you....I just happened upon this website recently and its very helpful and supportive. When I saw your message I figured it was time to register and reply to you. Hope to talk to you soon.....
Old 11-16-2003, 09:30 PM   #5  

Hi clynne,
I switched over from Atkins too!!! Nothing againist it, it worked for me at first, but I found that I ate too much and really need the structure of WW. Everybody needs to follow what works fro them!!!

I lost over 100 lbs on WW YEARS ago, and I know it works! Nice to see an old friend here!
Lily
Old 01-07-2004, 04:25 PM   #6  

Lightbulb ww Newbie (kind of)

Hi everyone,

I just started WW on Monday 1-5-04. This will be my second go round. Unsure of what happened the first time, lost 27 pounds, then for some crazy reason, went back to my old habits.
Chocolate is my #1 weakness, always my downfall.

But this is a new year and all is well. I am committed to WW this time. I will not give up.

Current weight is 273.6
Goal 165

Not impossible!
I just started WATP yesterday, so we'll see what happens

Thanks for listening to me ramble
Donna
Old 01-09-2004, 10:15 AM   #7  

Hello everyone,

My company is offering a 10-week WW at work program and I have to let them know by Monday if I'm going to participate.

I've been struggling a lot with my eating lately, so I'm thinking of joining. The meetings would be convenient, and the company is paying part of the cost, so there are two incentives. I think I'd feel a little uncomfortable sitting with my co-workers. I don't know anyone who's participating, and I don't think I'd ask any of my work buddies to go with me because they're not the type to do that, from either the money aspect, or just the personality aspect.

So far, they only have half of the minimum number of people needed to do this, so it may not happen at all.

I've been to WW a long time ago and it did help, but not since all of this point stuff started. Maybe this is just what I need.

Think I'll throw in my name and hope they get enough people.
Laura
Old 01-17-2004, 11:40 AM   #8  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey Laura705,

Did enough people in your company sign up for WW? Did you join in? That's awesome that your company would pay for part of it! Are they a nice place to work for?

If you do end up in a group with coworkers, I bet that the weirdness aspect of it would pass quickly. Especially if people are sharing stories and weight loss tips...

I find the Points tracking very easy, and being able to eat anything I want is very freeing. Of course, in all things, moderation!

Good luck!
Old 01-18-2004, 12:20 PM   #9  
Still Hanging Around:)

Default Hey:)

I'm fairly new to the WW program as well. I started using the points system a week ago, and hope to attend my first meeting this week. I'm nervous & excited. I tried Atkins last year, and my body had an awful reaction to it. My aunt & uncle have lost a lot of weight with the program... My MIL and my DH also have had some success with it. But it did NOT work for me at all. My doctor has since forbidden the plan for me. After doing some reading and talking with some gals here in town who've tried out WW, I decided to start it at home. I've started the plan just by reading online and talking with others. I've found the program much easier to work with, and I still can eat most of the things I like. Some things I've altered, and some things I've cut out altogether, but nothing that I couldn't do without.

Laura, Good luck with the WW at work. I'd suggest you throw your name in and just try it out. It's great that your employers are offering it, and chipping in on the cost! That's wonderful!

Everyone here is super friendly, so make sure to pop in on the threads when you are able to. There are also a few "out there" who are very willing to help out via email with problems, question, advice, etc.

Looking forward to chatting with you both!
Old 01-18-2004, 05:04 PM   #10  

Cylnne: I switched from Atkins 6 weeks ago. I had no weight lose the first week, but things have been fine since then. I sure like the variety of foods on weight watchers. I wish you luck - I mean healthy eating!!!

Laura: I sure wish I could go to meetings at work. Right now I use one of my lunch hours to attend a meeting and barely get back to work on time. I hope you join at work and enjoy it.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:02 PM   #11  

Hey Everyone,

I did put my name in for WW at work program, unfortunately, I found out on Friday that they didn't get enough people at work to sign up for it, so it's not going to happen right now. I might just join WW on my own. There's a meeting very close which I can attend on my lunch hour. I'll have to pay the full price on my own, but I guess that would be okay. I noted on the WW website that I could pre-pay for 10 weeks and save $1/wk, so it would be around $9/wk. I could certainly justify the cost as an investment in myself! Anyway, I could "defray" the weekly cost of the meetings just by bringing lunch my from home - sometimes buying a sandwich at a local place can cost $6-7!

I'll let you know if I'm going to sign up. In the meantime, I decided to give up chocolate for 90 days, just to see if it makes me crave it less. I hope everyone is finding ww easy to adhere to! I'll be checking back!

Laura
Old 01-20-2004, 12:29 AM   #12  

I tried Atkins myself but I just couldn't stick to the special low carb foods and eating protein all day. I've just re-joined WW after going off plan 2 1/2 months ago. I was relieved to find out I only gained back about 8 pounds of the 30 I had originally lost.

I have to say, WW points plan is the best program I have ever done. And trust me, I've tried them all.

I'm back on plan as of today and I'm excited to get back to loosing weight and getting healthy once more.

BTW clynne, welcome to WW's.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:58 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

I've been doing WW on my own for a week now.. Sunday started my 2nd week. I lost 2 lbs last week.. I'm diligently trying to drink my water, count my points, exercise, but I can't afford meetings right now... Any suggestions about things I can do to stay on track? I'm serious about losing weight and I know making the commitment was the 1st step!!
Old 01-27-2004, 01:42 PM   #14  

Hey everyone,

The WWAW program didn't happen for - not enough participation - so I just joined WW on my own yesterday. Still have to read through the materials, but I think it'll help me. I like the structure.

Laura
Old 01-27-2004, 03:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

good luck and you'll enjoy it! Are you going to meetings or doing it on your own?
Closed Thread