Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 09:21 PM   #1  

Thumbs down

This is a great group of supportive people , who want to get
to/or below 200 pounds in 2001 . Join us .
Kathy
Old 03-08-2001, 09:36 PM   #2  

Hey all . I have'nt been able to get to the computer much lately . Then the last time I tried , they were changing .
My bathroom looks pretty darned good . there's still stuff to do , but it'll have to wait till next year , now . That carpentry work wears you out . I don't think i'd want to do it for a living .
I have been going pretty slow , on my weight loss . Very much my own fault . this week , in particularly has been bad . I'll get over it .
Dora , i'm so proud of you . You're doing great ! I haven't gone to water aerobics for awhile , but I loved it . Until the instructor decided to use us for guinea pigs . She would go to classes & then torture us . kick boxing ! I ended up with strained muscles , where you didn't know there were muscles . Ouch !
TTFN Kathy 344.7/233/185
Old 03-09-2001, 10:39 AM   #3  
Senior Tortoise

Kathy, thanks for starting a new thread. Your comment about being tortured in water aerobics made me grin. (Not at your expense! I just pictured the Far Side cartoon of "aerobics in ****.")

Michele, the trip to NYC sounds like a lot of fun. Will you be staying right downtown in Manhattan? I really enjoy visiting NYC. Hope you have a blast!

I'm craving salt today in a big way, and I'm hungry. Yup; it's hormone time. Gack.

--Lauren
Old 03-09-2001, 11:27 AM   #4  

kathleen61: Okay! Okay! If you insist, you can do my bathroom next. I wish I had your patience. (Please don't remind me that that is a learned characteristic.)

Lauren: Like your photo. Did I see that a while ago on your webpage? Now that we're "senior members", should we be looking for our AARP subscription in the mail?

Take care,

2oM (Annie)
Old 03-09-2001, 12:15 PM   #5  
Senior Tortoise

Annie, in response to your post on the other 200 thread, you can go back to the list of all threads by clicking one of the items on the top left of the screen. It says:

top of forum > Weight Watchers > WW 100 Club > 200 in 2001 March 8.....

You can click any of those. Hope that helps.

And thanks for your kind words! I come here often mainly because I need to, and also because my job has slowed down in a major way! I'm probably going to lose it at this rate, so I'm looking for a new one. If I get a new job (or if this one picks up), I suspect I'll be here less.

Oh -- and I figured out how to change that title. You're right, "senior member" just didn't portray the right image!

--Lauren

Last edited by Lauren H; 03-09-2001 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-09-2001, 01:16 PM   #6  

Lauren: Thanks for telling me how to get back to the entire list of threads. I guess I didn't consider that those words could be clicked on because they aren't "highlighted" the way I'm accustomed to.

Work here is VERY slow also. We seem to be the last to go "great guns" when the economy is good and the first to "peter out" when it slows down. And let me tell you, it's slowing down. It's scary. I'm never sure when the boss is going to get tired of the struggle, throw in the towel, and call it quits.

So here I sit thinking about how I lack skill and how my weight would be a barrier to a new job if I need to move on. Still doesn't motivate me, though. (What will?)

2oM (Annie)
Old 03-09-2001, 07:47 PM   #7  

Greetings, folks!

Kathy - glad to see you back! Missed your posts. Your bathroom's gain was our loss! LOL

Lauren - thanks for holding down the fort. I'm an addicted lurker on this site, but don't always have things to post, so I always appreciate folks like you who keep putting themselves out there and keep posting.

I'm sitting here in the Dallas Forth Worth airport waiting to see if my flight to Boston will actually take off. It's been snowing in Boston since early afternoon so I'm not too positive about my chances. I think I tempted the fates too much by announcing at work yesterday that, with all the business travel I've done over the years, I've never actually been stuck in a city and unable to get home. I did realize after that boast that I have driven home from New Jersey and taken the train from Baltimore when flights were grounded, but it's true that I've never been stranded somewhere without clean underwear!

I travelled to Dallas on my first day in this new job (in late January) to visit the same client I came back to meet with again today (does that make sense?). It was interesting to note how differently I feel now versus that short time ago. I felt completely disoriented before - new job, colleagues I didn't know, project implementation model I wasn't familiar with, etc. I had no laptop, no email, no voicemail messages to respond to, none of the usual work stuff that clutters up my life. Well, this time around, all that's changed! Now, I'm really busy and each day I fall a little further behind.

Wish me luck getting out of town and back to my home!

Judy in sunny Dallas wishing she was in snowy Massachusetts
338/239/175
Old 03-10-2001, 08:37 AM   #8  
ME2

Good morning everyone. Just back from WI. Didn't stay for meeting because I had DD with me. Too bad, because the sub leader was there, and I really like her. The good news is I'm down 2.4 and in a new decade! Looks like Dora is the trail blazer, and I follow right along.

This week has been hard emotionally, I think because of TOM. Just been kind of weepy and grouchy. Have been in a reflective mood, and writing a lot in my journal. I'm trying to be more positive in my outlook. I've figured out that is something I'm going to have to work at. I'm starting to be grateful on a regular conscious basis for all the wonderful things in my life. They definitely outweigh the bad. It's just easier for me to get caught up in the negative. Anyway, one thing I decided I was grateful for this week was being fat because even if I stop this journey now, I know I look and feel 100 times better than I did 43 pounds ago. I'll never again be one of those people who are forever critical of how they look when they look fine because I've been fat.

Annie - Don't know how men turn it off. When you figure it out, let me know. Probably comes from seeing themselves as providers instead of nurturers. It is a trait that annoys me and I envy at the same.

Kathy - Great to have you back. I forgot about you working on your bathroom. I bet it does look great. You should be very proud of yourself.

Lauren - If you start eating that salt, just up your water intake. I find it really helps flush all that stuff out. I've also discovered that during TOM, I need to go to a more snacking mode, so I'm constantly putting food in my face. I plan it out and have lots of fruit and veggies with maybe 1 'real' meal during the day. I still come in under points, and am usually stuffed because I've been eating all day. Don't know where we'll be staying in NYC yet. SIL is in charge of the hotel room. I used to work in the city, many moons ago. When we left, I was ready to go, but I sure and looking forward to my visit.

Judy - You should know better than to tempt the fates. Hope you didn't end up spending the night in the airport and made it home safe and sound.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:24 AM   #9  
Senior Tortoise

Happy Monday, everyone. (Hey, is that an oxymoron?) How was your weekend?

I was over points on Friday and Saturday, though I did used banked points. Still, I usually try not to use banked points because I tend to not lose when I do. I ate lightly yesterday to compensate.

Had a nice thing happen, though. In spite of the scale not budging at all this month, I've had two people comment on my weight loss -- people I didn't tell I was on a program. Yesterday a woman at church asked me how much weight I'd lost, then told me "It's really starting to show!" It's nice to hear, since very few people have noticed my weight loss up to now. I haven't noticed much change in measurements, so I'm not sure why people are just now starting to notice. But I'll take it!

Michele, way to go on that new "decade"!

Should get TOM this week; I'm trying not to eat everything in sight.

--Lauren
Old 03-12-2001, 09:27 PM   #10  

Lauren , isn't that funny when that happens ? I gained 3 1/2 pounds last week . I have had 2 people insist I must have dropped a bunch more weight , because they said I looked "great" . I was glad for the compliments , but curious , too . I too have been hormonal & craving salt . I only crave salt when i'm hormonal , ordinarily i'm a sugaraholic . Unfortunately , I didn't drink enough water to flush it out . Some of the gain was certainly just gain . I was very , very bad , last week . I did get more exercise than usual , though . I probably would have gained more .
What does everyone think about the new 3fc look ? I'm a senior member now ? How did you you change your title , Lauren ? I guess i'll investigate .
Thanks for the welcome backs , you guys . I guess i've been feeling a little down , & staying away from the computer .
Joody how did your airport ordeal turn out ? How did you access this site ? Did you have a laptop & somehow plug in ? Or did you go to one of those internet dealies (a techie term) at the airport ? My son , the mean green fighting machine , in Korea , goes to a computer bar . They only charge him $ 1.00 an hour . He can even call me , on the computer , & doesn't have to pay long distance . Pretty cool .
Welcome to any newcomers . TTFN Kathy

Last edited by kathleen61; 03-12-2001 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-12-2001, 09:45 PM   #11  

Lauren , I think I might have figured it out . Maybe . Kathy
Old 03-12-2001, 11:17 PM   #12  
WW since 4/00

Hi, y'all! If you want to change your "title" just update your profile.

I lost 2 lbs. last WI so I seem to be back in the groove. Also had a TOM last week so I'm sure that helped.

I'm trying to cut back on my computer use because of my shoulder problems. The cortisone shot I got in January is wearing off & most of the pain is coming back. Another MD visit coming up soon I expect.
Old 03-13-2001, 04:01 AM   #13  

Greetings! I'm up early (it's 3:49am ET) and avoiding the pile of work waiting for me.

Thanks to those who inquired about my trip home on Friday. It turned out that the bad weather was more hype than reality. The second time in the same week - the forecasters should learn and we should too (to ignore them)! My flight was slightly delayed out of Dallas because they had to fix the door handle on the first class bathroom on the plane and no delay was caused by snow and sleet in Boston!

Kathleen61 - I accessed 3fc's site using my laptop while sitting in the Delta Crown Room. Because I travel so much, my previous employer paid the dues for the club. I think most people join these clubs because they have free liquor. For me, that's no advantage because I don't drink (don't want to waste the points!), but it does give me access to dial up lines for my computer. And, pretty cool on the long distance from Korea via computer for your son. Working out the time difference must be interesting, but I'm sure it's great for you to hear his voice.

Lauren - It always makes me feel so good when people comment on my weight loss. Interestingly, at coffee hour after church a few weeks ago someone mentioned how much more rested and energetic I appear, thinking that far more remarkable than any weight loss. That was interesting to hear, since I definitely do have more energy than I ever had during my 300+ days, but hadn't thought much about that aspect of my appearance changing.

ME2 - way to go on the drop into the 180's! I can't even imagine what it must be like to be under 200 lbs. I like your perspective on an advantage of having been fat.

Gizzi - good news on the loss; bad on the shoulder pain. Take care of yourself.

Judy in MA, finally having to get down to work!
338/239/175
Old 03-13-2001, 04:07 PM   #14  

Well it's Tuesday and the beginning of Week 2 for me. Weighed in today and have only lost 2 lbs. I know I could of done better and know what I need to change so I plan on making some corrections this week. Hopefully next my weigh in will reflect this. I am happy that at least I have 2lbs less of me to lose but was expecting a larger lost my first week. I really have to work on that patience thing!

2ofme: Thanks for the letting me know you are dealing with a teenager too. It helps to know I am not the only one dealing with this issue. Mine is only 14 & 1/2 but with all the changes this past year, I feel like she is going on 21. Or at least she thinks so. No boy problems yet but I am sure they are coming. Right now she is dealing with alot of friend issues. That is tough enough. Add that, along with pesonality changes and mood swings , you set the stage for a real teenage mello- drama. Like my weight lost, I have to take this one day at a time!! If you ever write that book 2ofme, I will probably have some real interesting stories for you. LOL

Hello to Lauren, Kathy, Joody, Me2 and Gizzi. Hope all of you have a super week. It looks like you are all on the right track. Believe me when I say you are all an inspiration to me. I really have a long way to go but I will get there. Seeing you do it, proves to me it can be done.

ONE DAY AT A TIME!
White Squirrel
306/304/150
Old 03-14-2001, 06:33 PM   #15  
Senior Tortoise

Ah, teenagers! I don't have any, but I sure remember what it was like. Yikes.

Squirrel, 2 pounds is wonderful! I find I've never lost as quickly on 123 as I did on other programs. But I've also never lasted this long on other programs. (2.5 years; it's hard to believe.) Patience is definitely a key to working this program effectively. You're doing great!

I'm up about a pound this week, no doubt due mostly to TOM. Any time now ...

Major layoff rumors at my job, which doesn't help the stress levels. Also, DH was so sick yesterday he passed out, so I took off early to nurse him. Didn't sleep well last night (either of us). He's doing better today -- but the car died! I'm waiting for the tow truck as I type.

Hey, life has a way of happening. I've been really fighting urges to eat everything in sight. I've used up all my banked points except one, which pretty much guarantees either very tiny or no weight loss. But I'm hanging on -- by my fingernails!

--Lauren
Closed Thread