Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 11:31 AM   #1  

Default How much did you loose your first week

Just an all around "wondering question. If anyone here lost a significant amount of weight their first week, and if they excersised or not. It has been really really hard with my schedule to excersise. I leave for work at 630am, most of the time I have to work through My lunch. , and then we don't get home until 730 or so.... so i was just wondering if EXCERISING makes a HUGE difference if so i need to revamp my plan, also what does everyone do? Thanks all!
Old 09-04-2003, 12:32 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

My very first week on W/W I actually gained 1 pound but my second week OP (and without exercise) I lost 7 pounds. I contribute the first week gain to several factors: 1) adjusting to a new way of eating; 2) my poor eating from the week prior to W/W catching up and 3) my last 'fad' diet that had ended only a few days prior to my joining W/W.

Everyone is different and everyone loses differently so do not compare yourself.

Exercise is more beneficial in the long run (and I wish I had started soon -- other than sporatically I did not exercise until this last week when I did a great job of of it and lost 3 pounds the first week of Flex + Exercise) because it builds muscles and muscles burn calories even at rest. If you can find 10 minutes to do a brisk walk 2 day it is better than nothing.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:21 PM   #3  

Hi I joined in Feb 2002 and my 1st week I lost 6.6 without excercising and I continued losingbetween 2 & 5 lbs a week for about 3 months and then I had smaller loses with the occasioan; big loss. I have now lost 90 with about 17 to reach my goal. I didn't excercise in the begining because it was a hard thing for me to do. Now I try to get in regular excercise even if it is just walking the dog everyday or playing golf once or twice a week.
I have been struggling the last few months the wt has been coming off much slower but I figure it is because I lost so much so fast. As someone else said everyone loses at a different rate, even my daughter didn't lose as fast as I did and most of the time we were eating the same things.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Dollar - your stats are amazing! Where abouts in Ontario are you? I'm in Oshawa & work in Richmond Hill.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:09 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Wow, all these Ontarians are coming out to play...

I lost 3lbs on my first week of WW in 2000 and then lost 5.6lbs the next week, then 0.2lbs the week after, it all depends really.

Dollar: Congrats on the loss!

Take care!

Ali
Old 09-09-2003, 04:54 PM   #6  

I'm from a small town Named Arthur it is about 40 mins North of Guelph and 40 east of Kitchener. Tonight I weigh in Im very anxious to see how I have done. I was OP all week and managee to get in a couple of rounds of golf. I figure 5 hrs of walking at one shot has got to be good for something. Well good luck to everyone.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:51 PM   #7  

Hi everyone!

I'm in my second week of this round of WW and lost 6 lbs without exercise. Now in week two, I've added it in and plan to walk, do yoga and water aerobics.

I was very successful on WW a while back (then life layed me out and food came to my rescue & I gained it all back plus 10lbs). The weeks I exercised, I ate at the top of the points range for my weight and consistantly lost 2 to 3 lbs each week. The weeks I didn't exercise, the loss was more like 1/2 to 1 lb. (I never ate the exercise points...)

I found the exercise firmed me up, I felt more "solid" and less flabby, and it really kept me focused on the big picture... getting healthy. I think it was probably as important (if not more important) than eating well.

Now with flex points, I use a few a day. At the end of last week I had 7pts left, using most of them in one day on apple pie... I was so thankful to see the last peice eaten!!

Dollar: Congrats on the great numbers! Keep it up.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:45 PM   #8  

Hi Lizabeth!

My name is Amada, and I am new to the board, but I wanted to comment on your question.

I joined WW back in 2001, and I lost a total of 27 lbs, but then the holidays snuck up on me and I thru in the towel.

I just started again, on week 2 of Flexpoints, And I love it!!

Any way the first time I started I lost 6.2 lbs the first week, and this time around I lost 3.6. and no exercise both times. I get into this frame of mind that 3 lbs is not alot... my my wonderful Leader gave me a visual that has really helped me see things into perspective:

1 lb= 4 sticks of butter

so that means I lost 14 sticks of butter!! ewwww! I don't want to think where those sticks were! LOL

So, I agree it is diffrent for diffrent people and in diffrent situations.

Glad I found this board, and hope to get to know all you WW members!
Old 09-19-2003, 05:28 PM   #9  

Default Hi

I lost 3 pounds my first week and 5 pounds my second week. I did exercise almost daily though. Even if it was just a brisk 30 minute walk outside, I did something 5-7 days a week. I do have a lot to lose so maybe this is why I lost a decent amount of weight early on. HTHS!
Old 09-20-2003, 07:41 AM   #10  

This week has been weird..
I did tues 30mins elliptical trainer,
again on wed, along with my strength training video, thurs another 30 mins, and took yesturday off....I haven't been going over my points, and haven't cheaterd all week I got on the scale this am, and I am up 175!!! what the its things like that that discourage me....
Old 09-20-2003, 08:15 AM   #11  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Irish.
I am having the same trouble you are. I am working out at least 5 days a week for an hour at a time, and I have lost about 3 pounds in as many week. I know I have to not look at the scale! It drives me nuts. What i can tell you is my (fat) cloths are fitting better and that is the measure I want to go by now....
Hang in there, it will move...
-L
Closed Thread