Old 09-01-2017, 02:04 PM   #1  

Default Changes in 2018 and WW while breastfeeding

I am having a baby in November. I have already gained WAY too much weight, after losing 50 pounds before getting pregnant. I am excited to start back in January. Does anyone know anything about any upcoming changes? Also has anyone had success while breastfeeding? Did you follow the breastfeeding points?
amywah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:49 PM   #2  
Less of a Better Me

I don't have the experience with breastfeeding and WW. And, I don't of anyone who knows anything about changes. Would love to know of course.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

I was overweight while breastfeeding but was concerned about toxins being released and going into the milk. It was horrible but I decided to put off weight loss for that reason. You may want to talk with the doctor.

I had good success and some of the things that really helped me over some friends were "ouchie pulls" - pulling and twisting on the nipples during pregnancy to toughen them up and lots of lanolin and cocoa butter cream (there may be better creams now...this was the early 80s when it was odd to breastfeed) ............. anyway I fed both of mine fully for a year until they self-weaned (some kids go longer but this worked for us). I never had the issue with nipples getting sore, cracking and bleeding because of the prep work.

If you have a la lache league near you, I highly recommend them. Some can be a bit whacky but there is a lot of good advice for you and support. We did not have hospital lactation consultants back then but I know the one my daughter had (she has inverted nipples) was of no help to her and my daughter found her own way to succeed in spite of her.

Last edited by grannynancy; 09-06-2017 at 05:59 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:39 PM   #4  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I just started we today and am breastfeeding. Hopefully this helps! You will definitely want to eat all your points when breastfeeding. There is a fine line between nutrients needed to support milk production and a calorie restrictions. This is my second one I have been able to feed but first time I have ample time to work on weight loss and milk.

Remember you don't need to roughen up your nipples or anything. Take a class on breastfeeding, find a local LA leche league and look up kellymom.com. great resource for all breastfeeding moms.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote