Old 12-08-2015, 11:00 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

I am going to miss my ww ice cream treats at night on the new plan!
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:10 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 428/338/185

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Very smart and know we will see better results and losses.
I was doing a low sugar high protein diet before rejoining Weight Watchers and had great results. Just got bored w limited food choices and support.
Thanks so much for this update. My weigh in date is not until Friday so guess I'll have to wait . (Online subscriber)
I rejoined last night and they set my weigh in for Friday. I poked around a couple facebook groups and someone mentioned changing the date on your phone to your weigh in day to see what your new points will be. I looked around a few minutes and liked most of the changes.

I think from what I gather that it's pushing people to choose more healthy options. You can still have whatever foods you want but you have to decide if they are worth the extra SP.
Stephaniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:46 PM   #18  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

All I can say is people were up in arms about it all at my meeting today... 30 smart pts is the new minimum btw... My leader kept saying "30 is the new 26" lol... BUT A LOT of the "treats" people really like to eat every day went UP... So people weren't happy about that... for instance a low fat ice cream that I like went from 4 to 7 pts because of the sugar... But I'll deal with it.

I'm more annoyed with the app problems... I haven't been able to track with it... AND that's a BIG PROBLEM... So far they've given me a free month for the hassle.... But I'm not sure how much longer I can deal with all the "issues", I might wind up canceling and getting a full refund...

I've heard that the reason that WW is doing all of this now is so they can hopefully have the app fixed by New Years when WW's normally gets an influx of new members with their newfound determination to stick to New Years resolutions...Lol... Unfortunately, that makes us the Guinea pigs... Who are paying for the privilege...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:56 AM   #19  
Less of a Better Me

I've been following SmartPoints for about a week and a half and I hit a new low weight (unofficial at home) on Tuesday. I've lost about 3 pounds since starting it which is really good for me.

Yes, some foods have gone up a lot in points. Nonfat frozen yogurt went fro 3 to 6, for example. But, I can still have some of that kind of thing, just not a lot of it. Last week I had 8 SmartPoints left after a week (I have 30 daily points, and 28 weekly). Even so, I had dark chocolate on 3 days. Yes, it was a small piece and it was 4 points instead of 3. But, really, the small piece was enough and I really didn't need to eat more.

I am being more aware of the foods that I eat.

Lots of foods haven't changed. And, many of them only change a point or so. I was gone all day today and I had Taco Bell for lunch (yes, junk food but I rarely have it and I had only 15 minutes to eat). I had a Bean Burrito which is now 11 points instead of 10. I had a chicken soft taco which was 4 points and is still 4 points.

Later I had some rotisserie chicken breast which was a point less than before. I had some full fat cheese with it that was a point more. So the meal was unchanged.

I had a Quest bar for breakfast (unchanged).

I had pistachios as a snack (unchanged).

Honestly, the hardest part for me on the plan has been getting to the minimum of 30 points on days that I don't go out to eat. I don't have trouble getting to 26 on Points Plus (I still dual tracking to see how they compare), but that usually ends up being 27 or 28 on SmartPoints.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:28 AM   #20  

Boy, this is interesting. I truly can't wait to get my own take on this after Friday's meeting. I'm eating all the 3 point WW triple chocolate fudge bars I have this week as my desserts as I figure that they are probably going to be something like 6 points and my most loved WW product will maybe be something I won't have due to the points.
: )
I love those darn things and I'm probably better off without them....

I wonder if there will be some new WW cookbooks with low smart point desserts of some kind?
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:25 PM   #21  

Can someone who already has SPs tell me what the WW peanut butter ice cream bars are going to be? I need some time to process the new numbers
Old 12-09-2015, 10:03 PM   #22  
Less of a Better Me

I can calculate it if you give me the calories, sat. fat, sugar and protein.

Derrydaughter - my husband told me we should get cookies last week at the grocery store since they were on sale (that is, the points would never again be so low.

What I have found is that I don't have to give up any food, but I may not eat some of them as often. My 3 point Vitatop is now 4 points. I can still have it, but probably best to eat it only a couple of times a week.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:42 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 200/185/135

Height: 5'2

If you're talking about these, they are six points now.

wegmans.
com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=667295&storeId=10052&lang Id=-1
LettuceDoThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #24  

My favorite treat is now 8 points. I am going to need a lot of help accepting this new plan.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:11 AM   #25  

Food is to fuel your body. not a treat. Sugar has no nutritional value so why eat much of it?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:12 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaineindc View Post
My favorite treat is now 8 points. I am going to need a lot of help accepting this new plan.
Yep, I'm with ya!

Generally I've liked the changes. When I'm eating well, the plan is easier on the points than previous versions, it seems. When I'm not eating well, it seems harder on the points. Ack! Today is day 2.

I've seen a few complaints about "I used to be safe eating this (list) with PP but am way over on SP, what gives?" but for the most part people seem happy with SP.
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 06:47 AM   #27  

It has changed the "game" hasn't it?
I examined one of my favorite side dishes last night, the ordinary baked potato. The medium size one is 5 points, I think? Or was it 4?
At any rate, butter has jumped drastically in points and I love my baked potato with butter.
I had frozen steak fries in the freezer last night and decided to check the points on those. A strange thing to examine but the points were LESS if I just ate these as they are baked vs. fried and a light coating of canola oil is on them. The interesting thing to examine about all of this is that while I have viewed these as a less "healthy" choice, were they really better all along? I can make my own oven fries as well that are much better for me than the frozen ones and I might start doing that kind of thing.
I have a real problem with substitutes that are not real butter when it comes to a baked potato. I'd rather have something else.
I'm worrying that I might run out of points by the end of the week and as today was day 1 for me on this new plan, I didn't want to take such a "hit" and have butter the first day. I'll wait to see if I have extra points for that later in the week.
Interesting that ketchup is now a point for a tablespoon. I made a concoction of 2 tsp of ketchup and 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar last night but 2 tsp of ketchup is STILL a point when I scanned it. It was tasty though and maybe I'll find sugar free ketchup at the market this week or start making my own ketchup?
Old 12-12-2015, 04:06 PM   #28  

I love baked potatoes with butter. I got some light land o lakes butter to try. I figured on a potato it might do fine.
I've found that most of the changes are not life altering for me. I now use half the amount of creamer in my coffee. I mix my plain oatmeal with a homemade fruit compote instead of brown sugar and peanut butter. I'm planning my meals more around protein and vegetables. I'm using cooked fruits with some whipped cream, from a can, as a dessert. How I'm eating now with the Smart Points is in line with the advice from my doctor. He wanted me to cut down on processed foods and in particular those ones with a lot of added sugar.
RetroSewist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:44 AM   #29  

Lots of things have changed and I'm working on adjusting. Last night my family was kind of laughing at me (but they understand my devotion and have seen me lose my weight and appreciate what I have done). We went out to dinner and I was playing with all sorts of scenarios on my iPhone about what was a better choice for my dinner and sides.
I am gluten free as well and that makes it extra hard to find selections I can eat.
It's a challenge to figure out what is good and what is "not good". I know I can have anything I want, truly, but what is worth spending the points on? I had haddock with gluten free pasta and marinara sauce and fresh baby spinach with lemon and garlic. It was good and it was healthier than so many other things I could have had.
I chose non-fat milk over my usual fat free coffee creamer this morning, for example. 2 T of the coffee creamer I usually use comes out to a point, but they add sugar to that stuff to make it taste better, I guess. It used to be 0 points. So, I think I'm just as happy with non-fat milk. Let's face it, we live in a world of flavored this and that and some people have to have all sorts of stuff in their coffee all the time. I say those folks are probably not true coffee drinkers. They are in it for the "dessert" aspects of it I think? I might start my day with milk and then go to black coffee each day?
I have foregone my after lunch chocolate that used to be 1 point and now is probably 3 points (I chose not to check and have this) and had a piece of bubble gum instead after lunch. I like a sweet taste after my meal.
I also went with stevia instead of sugar in my afternoon tea. That was awfully hard for me as I have enjoyed my tea sweet for a long time.
I'm OK for now with these changes. They take away, a bit, from my enjoyment of the things I've been used to. But, do we live to eat or eat to live? I can live with this, at least for now.
However, I will have some Christmas treats. But, I am lecturing myself that it is not the "season" where I need to be overeating, it is the few days surrounding this occasion. People have gotten so out of control with food and holidays.
Yesterday, my husband and I chose a ramdom act of kindness. We are so fortunate and we bought a sweet Christmas card and put a 20 dollar bill in it. We wrote "You are our random act of kindness today, Merry Christmas" and chose a car in the parking lot that looked like a person who could barely afford much. It even had a spare tire mounted on the front wheel, as if the person couldn't afford to fix a flat and was driving around with it. There was an infant seat in the back as well. That person, to me, signified what my holiday should be like. Luckily, the car door was not locked and I put the card on the driver's seat and quickly ran back to my car and got in.
We looked at that car and noted all sorts of wear and tear and it was an older car. That person got a special "treat" and we didn't indulge ourselves in junk food at the mall that the $20 could have been spent on. We took the money and helped someone. We kissed and drove home with smiles and a warm feeling. I tell you, truly, that feeling will last longer than any cookie or fudge I could have tasted.
Remember that when you want to indulge!
Old 12-13-2015, 09:19 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 416 / 363.4 / 250

Height: 5'9"

I finally got switched over yesterday (my weigh in/meeting day). I've been under the weather so really haven't gotten to play around with the new app much. The new points program is really in line with how I've chosen to eat, so I'm not too worried about the changes. I am sad that avocado went up to 11pts for a whole...going to have to get used to just eating half or setting aside extra points for the days I want to make guacamole
MaeCrochet is offline   Reply With Quote