Old 11-19-2014, 06:50 AM   #16  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Glory - my personal opinion is that people track because they have a harder time making healthy food choices without it. I mean, I *know* what I should eat, but when I'm forced to track the 3 ounces of cheese it keeps me way more accountable. We know the basics of healthy foods and those are harder to overeat on. IE is a great practice and I combine IE with WW and also a lower carb diet. I've found it works best for me. IE gives me the permission to eat what I want, when I want it. I have a harder time stopping when I'm full, so I use WW to give me the guidance to make sure I'm not eating too much of those things. I also go lower carb (not atkins/HFLC levels for the most part) because I've learned when I eat tons of carbs I'm starving all day long. Creating a new healthy lifestyle is all about what works for YOU. If tracking doesn't work for you then it's not sustainable.

Excellent Intuitive Eating book
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 219/196/145

Height: 5'5"

good point, I am going to go back to SBD again for a while and then I think I will sort of maybe combine the two, I do know I need to track but I think I just need a breather from it.
allforHisglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
Hi Everyone, I am new here (was going to do Ideal Protein for the second time) but decided to go a Real Food way and try to change my eating habits instead of "Dieting". I am having a hard time sticking to it though I do good all day while at work but once the evening comes I get snacky and say forget it, I'll give in and restart tomorrow. Which is only a repeat of today Really need some help and tips or techniques
Thanks....
Maybe try to figure out why you're snacking at night? Are you actually hungry, or is it cause you're stressed from work? If it's the former, maybe plan for something filling, but on plan later at night. If it's the later, try and find a more positive way to relieve stress. It could be something else altogether too. I know a couple girls on the forums have rules about going into the kitchen past a certain time. Not sure if that would help you.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote