Old 11-19-2014, 07:08 AM   #31  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Lunch, the weekends are always harder. I'm impressed you're tracking as much as you are given your current stress level! I don't know that I could. I'm definitely an emotional eater.

Sun, you may not have found your exercise. Some exercises I find WAY more stress relieving than others. I find swimming and spinning/cycling the most stress relieving while I exercising, but I typically feel WAY better after any exercise. I hope your step-dad is doing better!!! My mom did the same thing when my dad went into the hospital. I had talked to her like 3 hours before she took him, but apparently he'd been in pain ALL day. I was quite annoyed that they had spend 4 hours at the hospital before even telling us! I mean, come on! According to my mom, she didn't want to worry me or make me drive down to the hospital (an hour away) if it was no big deal and they were going to release him, so she said she waited until she knew more... I made her promise me to call me the second they get in the car to go to the hospital next time. Maybe your mom was doing the same thing? Either way, you and you're are in my thoughts!

---

The scale was up this morning, but I'm attributing it to the fertility bloat since I just finished another round of pills.

DH and I are taking a long weekend at the beach this weekend, so I'll be gone til next Tuesday after today. I'm sure my WW will go out the window, but I'm honestly beyond excited about a weekend away from everything. My favorite runs are along the beach, so I plan on taking my running stuff and hitting the sand in the morning if it doesnt rain. Rain is in the forecast, but that's ok - we got the honeymoon suite with a beach view from a jacuzzi. I am happy to spend my day in there. LOL
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I asked my mom when I talked to her a little bit later yesterday if they were in the hospital when I talked to her the night prior. She said they hadn't actually gone yet, and at that point didn't even know they were gonna go. Like your mom, she also waited a little bit to tell all the kids because the doctors weren't acting like it was anything serious. Stress tests on his heart turned out okay, doctor said heart was pumping good. However, now they don't know what's causing the chest pain. The medicine for gastro stuff didn't work to take away the pain, nor did the medicine for heart issue stuff.. so now they just have him on really, really strong pain relievers (they said it's the strongest they can do pill-wise, I forget the name of it, wanna say it started with a B) because the lesser ones weren't working. He is, however, released from the hospital, and on a very strict diet.

About exercise, you're probably right. I actually want an elliptical. There's no space in the apartment for one though, and going to the gym really messes with my social anxiety, even with the medication I'm on. I'm hoping that'll get better as weight drops off because there is a fitness center at my apartment complex, and it does have elliptical machines. I like those because the movement is kind of fluid, and it's repetitive so you can kinda zone out to music. My dance workouts can be fun, but I definitely have to be in the right mood for it otherwise it's just exercise and part of a routine, not something I enjoy.

Have fun at the beach! I love to walk along it, and stand where the water comes up so I feel the sand running out from underneath my feet.

On a positive note, down to 230.6 today. However, I also got a new scale (it was an early Christmas present from my dad). I asked for the new scale, just to be clear he wasn't being passive aggressively icky. So the drop for today could just be that. Either way, that puts me 1.6lbs away from my 229lb goal, yay!
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:18 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 172/153/145

Height: 5'8"

SoMuch - OMG that getaway sounds wonderful! I hope you enjoy it to the max. Running on the beach sounds nice, too

sunarie - I think it must be a Mom thing. My Mom does the same thing when my grandparents are sick or if anything happens, she always tells me about it AFTER. It sounds like she just didn't want to get you all freaked out if it turned out to be nothing. I'm glad all the tests came back negative though. I hope they find out what's causing it!

As for me - I'm holding in there. For some reason I'm up 1/2 lb, which is weird because I've actually been eating under my points for the last few days because I *thought* Thanksgiving was today. LOL.

It's kind of funny because my nephew is planning on coming from Germany where he's stationed, and he called me last night asking for our family recipe for brownies. So I sent him the recipe, totally thinking that he was making them to bring today. Well then this morning I hadn't heard from him so I texted him asking if he was on the train and what time he would arrive so we could meet him, and he wrote back saying today wasn't Thanksgiving and that he would be coming next week. I thought he was joking, so I wrote back and I was like "well, who's going to eat all the brownies?" then he tells me he made it for a work Thanksgiving dinner they're having today. I couldn't tell if he was still joking or not, so I googled Thanksgiving and... turns out... it isn't today. I even deep cleaned my apartment and stocked up the pantry with all the ingredients! LOL! My mom and I were laughing for quite a bit this morning. We blame not being in the US and having not having Black Friday ads all over threw us off.

So I went to the gym this morning and I'm feeling good. I'm glad it turned out this way because my Dad will be getting here Monday, and that means he will be here for Thanksgiving, too.

I also got good news from my lawyer yesterday too about my appeal and we got an emergency court date in 2 weeks. I am nervous though because I don't want to see my ex. But I am feeling very positive that everything will work out in my favor. I just have to stay positive!
TheLunchLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:30 PM   #34  

TheLunchLady - Don't feel bad about getting mixed up on Thanksgiving! I had to Google the date this past weekend because I was thinking it was today originally as well. At least your apartment is cleaned now! Glad to hear you had some good news from your lawyer too Keep that positive attitude.

Weigh-ins for two of the challenges were today. I'm holding at 230.6 right now. Down 1.6lbs from last week and I don't even care if that's just the new scale.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:52 AM   #35  

Congrats on the loss sunarie!

For some reason my weight keeps going UP. Today I was up another .2 at 165.4... I guess just regular fluctuations since I haven't used ANY of my weeklies and I have been going to the gym, so really, there isn't any reason I should be gaining. Another reason is maybe because I haven't gone #2 for awhile (sorry TMI, lol). My body has been thrown out of whack in that department since having a baby and I'm not very "regular" like I used to be. I try eating activia yoghurt, eating fibre cereal, lots of fruits/veggies but for some reason, it doesn't seem to help all that much.

I'm not to get down about my weight but I decided I'm not going to weigh myself until my weigh in day on Tuesday. If it's still up then or the same at that time then I'll do some type of plateau buster thing for a few days.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #36  

TheLunchLady - Maybe try something like metamucil? I have IBS that acts up to the point where if I get really, really stressed about things I stop digesting food. Took a loooong time and lots of doctors visits to figure it out. At first we thought it was gastroparesis and just a mess of stuff. Anyway, constipation is part of it and what I have now is a stronger version of metamucil.. I basically adjust the dosage (which is what my doctor told me to do) so that it's not a super laxative and instead just kinda helps get things moving. Metamucil is a less powerful version of it, but sold over the counter.. you don't have to do it every day, but it may help.. and not going #2 can definitely effect your weight by a lb or two.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:10 AM   #37  

Thanks for the suggestion sunarie! If I get really backed up, I usually take some miralax and that helps. Luckily my system seems to have gotten back on track

I'm down 1.6 this week! Since I went up .2 last week, that means more like -1.4 overall, but I'll take it! Woohoo! I knew that if I kept on plan and went to the gym that eventually my weight would have to budge. So I am happy. Now I just have to behave myself for Thanksgiving!

My dad got here yesterday, and my mom will be leaving next week, so I may not be able to go the gym until my sister gets here in mid-Dec, mainly because I don't know if my dad can handle watching the baby for 2 hours, LOL. She just started crawling so she's all over the place!

I hope you're all doing well.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good evening everyone. I am not new to 3FC but I am new to the WW thread.I have been trying to follow the Ideal Protein diet for ages. I did have some luck with it but I'm tired of it now, I can't stick to it. I will take some good things from it such as spinach smoothies for breakfast. I tried WW many years ago and found it great. I took out my At Home kit and it is the pro points version so I am excited to begin tomorrow. Last week I started doing some Leslie Sansome walking workouts so Im hoping to follow the WW plan and exercise. I've lost my way a bit with regards to food, I am either dieting or totally indulging because i've broken my diet. This is happening daily. I want to follow WW because of the range of foods I can eat. I'm looking forward to fruit and a sandwich now and again! Good luck.
TwoTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 02:16 AM   #39  

Good morning. I weighed in this morning at 16st 4lbs. 228lbs. So my first goal is to get to 217, that will be the first stone (14lbs) gone from my original weight of 232. Saturday morning will be my weigh in day. I'm looking forward to figuring it all out. Have a great day!
Old 11-29-2014, 04:04 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Good morning! I'm feeling really good today because I jumped on the scale (today's my tracking day) and I've had a 1.6kg (3.5 pound) loss! It's my second week so I was hoping for a big loss so I'm happy! That's with a week of only using 3 of my 49 weekly points (I'm trying not to use them) and two yoga classes and two 3km power walks.

Im down 2.5kg (5.5 pounds) in my first two weeks though and I'm surprised that I haven't really felt too deprived. WW forces me to eat mindfully and that's what I like.

This week will be a challenge as we're going away for two nights for our anniversary. Means alcohol and restaurants, both of which will make it hard for me to track.

I'm just going to try and do the best I can and not go too crazy but still enjoy a treat or two in moderation. It is a celebration after all!
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 01:29 AM   #41  

Good morning.That's a great loss flickety switch. I am on day 2. My weigh in is Saturday. Yesterday was good. Enjoy your anniversary and you always have your weekly points to have some extras and still stay on program. Let us know how you get on. Those weekly points are a great cushion if I do have an extra snack or whatever it doesn't feel like I've blown the whole day. Have a good day.