Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 07:42 AM   #1  

Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a better weekend foodwise than I did. Completely lost it, and no exercise on top of that. But today is a new day and I have firmly resolved to get back on track. Weekends have been killers for me lately for some reason.

I hope to book our trip south today. We saw a few possibilities in yesterday's newspaper in the Dominican Republic and if they are still available and reasonably comfortable, we're in! If this works out, we'll be on a beach somewhere in two weeks, and not a moment too soon. Winter continues to rear its ugly head in my part of the planet.

I didn't get much chance to check in here last week to catch up with what's going on with folks, so no personal messages this time. Just wanted to start the week for everyone.

bye for now
Old 03-12-2001, 09:32 AM   #2  

Good morning! I have been out of commission lately, but I haven't forgotten about you all!!!

Seasaw ~ Your trip (whereever you go) sounds wonderful, I am so tired of winter (it is freezing rain here today!) I could cry! When will spring come!!!

I doubt it if I can reply to everyone that has posted since the last time I did, which was an eternity ago!!

I have been busy at work, and tending to sick children, but still sticking to the WW plan. I have been in the maintenence mode, but have been slacking a bit in the last couple weeks, so now I have 3 pounds to lose to get back to personal goal.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 03-12-2001, 10:44 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone

Seasaw: I can completely relate about weekends and getting off track. It's so much harder when you're not on a schedule, etc.

It's sunny here today although they said later on today we're supposed to be getting rain. I'm with you Tonya--when is Spring going to finally be here!!! I'm tired of the snow and gloomy weather. I need to get moving and get these last couple of extra pounds off before I head south in April.

My trip to Chicago was a blur--our flight was late getting in and it seemed all we did was wait for something, etc. It sure is nice to be back home in my own bed.

Karen Sue: I had all intentions of getting in touch with you while in Chicago but left the phone number on my desk here at work and I didn't have access to a computer where I was at, otherwise you would've gotten a phone call from me I'll be heading back out that way again in May (weekend of the 5th) so maybe then we'll be able to get to talk to each other.

Hope everyone had a good weekend--I have to finish by saying that I do much better during the week eating wise that I do on the weekends. This weekend was stressful and last night was horrible eating wise. Nothing satisfied me and I did the cupboard aerobics countless times. Doesn't help that TOM is this week....

Have a good Monday everyone!

Melissa
161/142/142ww/135 personal???
Old 03-12-2001, 10:48 AM   #4  
Ready to Offer Support!

'Morning Seasaw, Tonya, and everybody else.

I didn't get to exercise this weekend because we had houseguests and, of course, I cooked a lot and (unfortunately) ate a lot. But, the scale at the gym didn't show any damage this morning, so I am happy. However, my weight usually tracks my behavior from a couple weeks previous, so I'm worried that it'll show up on the scale some time next week!

Seasaw - DH and I went to the Domican Republic (one of those all-inclusive resorts) once, and had a very nice time. I hope the deal works out for you guys.

Tonya - Welcome back to Lifer Land! Sorry about the sick kiddos. Only 3 pounds to go? ... Woohoo! Keep up the good work.

To both Seasaw and Tonya I am sending sunshine and warm thoughts. It is sunny here in Austin, with a projected high in the 70's. It is Spring Break this week, and it really does feel like Spring. I hope Spring hits in your neck of the woods soon.

Nothing very exciting planned for today. My office is having a lunchtime presentation on healthy eating being presented by a nutritionist. Since they are providing a (supposedly) healthy lunch, I am thinking of attending to get some free food! All I could find in the pantry this morning was some Healthy Choice soup. But, I hate to spend 4 points on soup, b/c it doesn't keep me feeling full for very long. Anyway, have a good day and great week everybody!
Old 03-12-2001, 12:40 PM   #5  

Default The weekend snafu?!?

Good Morning! Oops! Good Afternoon?!?

Now, I don't know what the deal is/was, but I couldn't log onto the boards all weekend long! Talk about withdrawl: it was tough, but I had at least one glass of water for you all anyway!?! Hey! Have you all checked out the new smilies? Yes, it's things like this that keep me going!

Seesaw I know what you mean about struggling through weekends at times. But, me thinks your posting here bright + early is a clear indication that you are back on track! {And hopefully, we'll all be following you right behind!}

Melissa! Not to worry about missing our telephone call this weekend, I was rather punk recuperaating from the 6hours of testings at my "favorite" home away from home, the hospital. {Don't have any results yet + probably won't till late tomorrow.} But, I've marked up May 5th + will email you a reminder before you go to call me!

I did receive an email from Katie -she's in town this weekend- and am looking forward to getting together with her. Shall we take photos?

AustinGal - it'll be curious to compare your company's presentation on healthy eating to your/our own Weight-Watchers "watching of the points". Let us know if you learn anything new or exciting. I often go to the Tufts University Nutritional website and do find some good tips, recipes, etc.

And on that note ladies! The dredded weekend is past, let's make this week a really devine one! Ah, but alas + alack! I have more sf books to read and review.

Have a good one everyone!

Karen Sue...looking at the water + thinking coffee?!?!
Old 03-12-2001, 01:37 PM   #6  

Hey everyone -
I'm on a break here in Chicago - didn't think I'd be able to check in at all, but the training class has internet access on their computers!

Karen Sue - I am planning to give you a call after class today. I spent Sunday with my sister who lives in Winnetka; she picked me up from the airport & we spend the day together - I hadn't seen her for quite some time - she has dropped a ton of weight and looks fabulous! We are pretty much the same size (except she is 3 inches shorter than me), so I envision my wardrobe doubling!!

Pretty busy weekend at home; did pretty good on the eating front & exercised faithfully.

Tonya - welcome back - I was wondering what happened to you....

Austin Gal - I take advantage of free lunches/food anytime I can get a chance.

Hey to Seasaw & Melissa -

Karen Sue - I do have my camera along for photo opportunities....

Katie
Old 03-12-2001, 02:51 PM   #7  
Ready to Offer Support!

Well, I'm back from the lunch-time nutrition seminar. I found it had an interesting dynamic. At weight watchers meetings there is, of course, a lot talk about staying "on program". This dietician focused a lot on how we need to be in a healthy eating mentality that allows us to make a few indulgent choices without feeling like "well, I've fallen off the bandwagon, I might as well eat a whole cheescake now." I know this, and I know that WW leaders try to focus on it, but it has a little more impact coming from somebody that is fairly neutral about any particular eating plan. (She was not at all a fan of the Atkins/high protein approach). I have to admit that I still have that good vs.bad; on-a diet vs. off-the-wagon; on-program vs. indulge-and-binge mentality sometimes, though I try really hard to beat that kind of thinking. The only thing that seems to help me break out of that type of thinking is to keep up with exercise and try to remember that this process is "for life" in order to stay healthy, not just to lose weight. Any body else out there still struggle with the good vs. bad mentality? How do you deal with that to avoid completely bingeing once you've made a bad choice?

Edit: P.S - Wooohooo! This is post number 300 for me on these boards. Do I get a gold star or something?

Last edited by AustinGal; 03-12-2001 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-13-2001, 08:23 AM   #8  

Default Gold Stars for All!

Good {yawn} Morning One + All!

Now, I firmly believe in positive reinforcement, just can't figure out how to get a little gold star in this post. But, AustinGal, you've earned the first GoLd StAr for 300 posts! Kudos to you! By the road, did your status (whatever title under your name) change with that 300 post? Hmm...I'll wonder what they'll give me for 300 consecutive days of drinking all the water?

Yesterday was pretty much of a bust. {"Ha, Ha!", says the woman with the double mastectomy.} I certainly was drinking all my water as I blitzed through too many pages of tiny print in sf + fantasy galleys. Got three done, in the middle of two others + am hoping to get another three done today. Hey! A girl can dream can't she?

But, clearly the highlight of the day (as my cable tv was out: groan) was the phone call from Katie! We'll be dining together on Thursday! I'm really looking forward to this: although, how we figure out who is who (we gave really good descriptions of clothing: I'm Gap + LLBean) is another matter. But, Katie: You want to take photos?!?! Aargh! Do you all want photos?

Back to serious matters: I'm still thinking about the good -vs- bad mentality that AustinGal posted about. I guess {read: know} that I slip into "bad little girl" mentality + that can certainly throw all efforts of being on the healthy way of life out the window/down the drain/etc. But, certainly exercise + just doing the whole nine yards of living the healthy life works for me. Anyone else have any ideas?

Well, I'm out of cliches + have gone on too long! Must get out of here fast!

Karen Sue ...the nonesuch librarian...*

*Clue for Katie...
Old 03-13-2001, 08:56 AM   #9  

I had my monthly weigh in on Saturday. I lost 1.6 lbs. which was 2 lbs. below my weight goal. Afterwards I bought a chocolate cream tart and a chocolate eclair at a bakery. I didn't eat them at the same time, but I enjoyed them. During Lent I am not eating snacks between meals. If I have snacks at home, I might have candy. My temptation at work is keeping away from the vending machine. I usually only eat three meals a day.

On the topic of being on program vs. binging, I try to get back on program as quickly as possible. I have binged on potato chips or corn curls. If I get back on program, I write off the binging as a learning experience. I try not to have a guilt trip. I usually am more diligent in being on program.
Old 03-13-2001, 09:03 AM   #10  

Morning all -

Just a quick note before class starts - hey Karen Sue - tried "looking" you up, but none of the configurations I tried worked. Can you help me out??

Did so-so on the eating front last night - did 40 minutes on the elliptical thingy at the hotel's gym last night - never tried one before - pretty nice.

Austin Gal - I still think of foods as bad or good, too. I don't know if that feeling fades or changes over time.

I'll try to check in later....

Katie

Last edited by kt marie; 03-13-2001 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-13-2001, 09:33 AM   #11  

Hi everyone!
I bought the 2-pack of Tae Bo videos at Wal-Mart over the weekend. It had the instructional and basic tape in it, and a card to mail in to recieve a free 8 minute (turbo?) workout. I'm so excited! I love Tae Bo, and it's always nice to have some new tapes to use. I've really slacked off on working out in the past couple of months, so I bought these to help remotivate me. I think it's working! Last night I did the instructional, and even then once he got to the part where you put all the moves you've learned together it's a pretty good workout. I'm going to try the Tae Bo Basics one tonight. (I also did my strength training routine last night). Do any of you do Tae Bo? I think it's so much fun and such an awesome workout.
I wrote my entire journal for today last night hoping that it will make it easier for me to stay OP today. So far so good. I also wrote out a workout schedule for myself for this week, so hopefully that will help as well.
Hope everyone is having a great day!
Jamie
Old 03-13-2001, 04:07 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

Karen Sue: Hope everything turns out okay with your tests. They can certainly drag you down.

It's been a complete zoo here the past 2 days--it seems as if there's nothing going and then WHAM! you get hit with numerous things that are going on at the same time. I have to admit though that I like being busy.

Eating wise I've been doing okay although I would like to be doing better. I have been horrible as far as keeping up with my journal this past week and generally when I am scattered like that I tend to eat more than I realize.

Hope everyone is doing well! Meeting day for me tomorrow--I'm looking forward to the "respite" and some time for myself.

Melissa
Old 03-13-2001, 07:42 PM   #13  

Default {Tuesday Evening Trivia}

Note! If you are really busy, don't bother reading this Tuesday Evening Trivia.

Well, having just returned from some far off moon (in some sf novel I'm reading while drinking water, of course) I decided I needed a bit of of a reward.

Spurred on by Katie's ability to change her image I decided to try about inserting a photo of myself as my signature icon thingy. {Yes, if anyone's meandered over to Dotti's, once upon a time I used this image there.} This is about the tinest .jpg I had uploaded on my server + so I just went to Profile | Edit and viola! It worked! Only problem? I've now chopped off all my hair!?!? Think buzzzzzzzzz........

Catch you all tomorrow!

Karen Sue...who still has not heard from her doctors...most annoying...
Old 03-14-2001, 11:54 AM   #14  
Ready to Offer Support!

'Mornin', all!

I did the basic Tae Bo workout for the first time this morning. (Spur of the moment idea, since I discovered I had a dead battery when I tried to leave this morning for the gym. Did tae bo while waiting for AAA to arrive). I thought it was a fun, strong workout, but I'm skeptical that I got a full 20-minutes of cardio workout. Anybody ever time it? I looked on the tape and cover, and I couldn't find a duration time for the workout.

Not much going on today. It is relatively warm (high 60's) but rainy, cloudy, and GLOOMY! Was late to work due to the battery mishap (kids didn't quite close the door well, so the interior lights were on all night). Haven't made it to a WW meeting in months. Keep saying I'll go "next week" but I never make it. Some time soon I am really gonna make a commitment to get to a meeting. Right now, I'd rather spend that precious time working out.

Have a good day, all.
Old 03-14-2001, 12:11 PM   #15  

Hello to all -
My class is ending early today here in Chicago, so I am planning to do some window shopping downtown in Chicago. I may even attend a WW meeting that is held here in the hotel at 12:30. Gives me a reality check on my weight during the week & I get to check out the meetings/leaders in other areas.

I went to eat with a few other people in the class last night & we were discussing how much extra food you eat while out of town. I was agreeing with that fact & that I was trying to keep up with the exercise to combat the extra calories. A young woman (she's 20) said she didn't want to get on the scale when she got back home, but commented to me - "you are so skinny, you shouldn't even have to worry about it." That was so wild to hear - but this person just looks at me & thinks of me as a slim person & would have no idea that a little over a year ago, I was 50 pounds heavier. The comment kinda blew me away - anyone else have this happen to them???

Later,
Katie
Closed Thread