Old 08-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default Fibre supplements?

Has anyone here taken (or are you currently taking) fibre supplements in any form?

I find it *really* hard to get an adequate amount of fibre, and I'm finding that I don't stay as full as I'd like to (which obviously leads to my snacking on things that aren't so great for me.) But I've always thought of fibre supplements as being what you take only when you can't...well. You know. *L* I mean, obviously I know it helps with that, too, but I'm really wondering if it might help keep me fuller longer. I guess I'm just worried that I'll have some ridiculous side effects or something.

Anyone have any insight?
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/152/132

Height: 5'3"

I need extra fiber for the other thing you mentioned but as to the feeling fuller for longer, I'm not sold. I either do Metamucil or add flax seed to my food but both seem to fill me up right then but later instead of having hunger creep up on you it seems like I'm full for a few hours and then I go straight to starving. I guess I could try it between meals but with the rest of my schedule that is kind of hard.
20lbtogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #3  

I keep Quest protein bars around for fiber (17g per bar). I see you're in Canada so I'm not sure they sell them there. Look into protein bars. A good one will have lots of fiber in addition to protein.

Eating raw veg is another good option. To make them tastier make your own dressing/veg dip. My favorite is:

1 cup Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Splenda or equivilant
2 Tablespoons Vinegar
1/8 Teaspoon Ground Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Salt

I bought a cheap vegetable dicer and keep a diced broccoli salad in the fridge at all times.

My sister likes to eat Fiber One cereal with cottage cheese and a couple tablespoons of chocolate chips.

In my experience, it's to your benefit to find foods high in fiber and protein. It will stave off hunger. The toughest part is finding high fiber/high protein foods that are yummy to eat.

I know you asked about fiber pills... I once looked into fiber pills and found they they really didn't have much in them. It's actually easier/cheaper to eat the fiber.
earthecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #4  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Did you decide on fiber supplementation.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote