Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 11:44 AM   #1  

Angry

Hello all..

I just got a Handspring Visor (palm type thingee) and am interested in getting some weightwatchers software for it.. I did a search on the board and found several posts about journals and that type thing.. but is there anything that has a points calculator and a food/points list for weightwatchers? I thought I saw something like this before but cant find it now.

Thanks a bunch
Kim
Old 03-07-2001, 11:53 AM   #2  
Pink Thingy

i vaguely remember someone mentioning dottiesweightlosszone. or something similar, but i belive there is a link to this site somewhere on the 3FC site.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Old 03-07-2001, 11:58 AM   #3  

Default Palm W W software

whiteoaks.com has the journal (click on the menu to set the correct points range for your weight. Use the 'special' range to set the 2001 points).
Akasha's site (you find the link at Dotti's) will give you the food list and she has links to restaurants. All good programs.
From the palm and or the Handspring site, I found links to a free download "Train Track". A very simple, but efficient log for exercise.
I have the Handspring visor. It is wonderful Went to the library and read 'palm computing for dummies', which taught me what all this darling little machine can and will do.
Old 03-08-2001, 01:10 PM   #4  

WeightWatchers is vigorously enforcing their patent against anyone using their formulas in a point calculator, both in computer programs and on-line calculators. The points calculator has been pulled from dottiesweightlosszone for this reason.

I have a wonderful palm program called dietlog. It used to calculate WW points but WW made them remove that functionality and they have been unable to negotiate putting it back. I still love the program -- it tracks calories, fat, and fiber so you can figure the points.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:30 AM   #5  

I'm really intrigued about using a palm or similar tool to aide in my weight loss journey through WW. But my question is this: Do you have to use a Palm or Viser Handspring? Or can you use a similar tool such as the Caseo-pea? What do I want to look for when it comes to purchasing one? You can answer here, or even better, email me at: [email protected].

Thanks,
LisaV
Old 03-12-2001, 04:02 PM   #6  

Default W W programs on palms and handsprings

Most of the current programs out there are in the Palm OS, and I don't think the Cassiopeia is palm compatible.
Old 03-12-2001, 04:27 PM   #7  
Pink Thingy

Exclamation

LisaV

if you go to whiteoaks.com (as previously mentioned by Fearless) the gentleman that wrote the program details on what PDAs you can use the journal program on.
Old 03-12-2001, 04:40 PM   #8  

Thanks that answers my question... LOL ... NO! well crud LOL.
Old 03-12-2001, 04:45 PM   #9  
Pink Thingy

LisaV

sorry - didn't want to state the obvious, so i pruned my post before posting. From accessing the site i remember it saying that you could only use it with the Palm OS (operating system ?) and therefore not compatable with HP, Casio etc.

i actually have copied the relevant bit from the whiteoaks site for you:

Q: Can I use WW Journal on a Palm III, Palm V, Handspring Visor, etc.?

Yes, WW Journal has been shown to work on all PalmOS devices so far, including the Sony device and the Handspring Visor.

Q: Can I use WW Journal on an HP Journada, Casio device, or Compaq Ipaq?

No, WW Journal is written for PalmOS, and those devices use other non-compatible operating systems.

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 03-12-2001 at 05:04 PM.
Closed Thread