Old 07-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #16  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

I can't weigh myself every day. I just can't. It drives me nuts. Logically I know that any fluctuations I see on a daily basis are normal, but -- even though I've never actually had an eating disorder -- whenever I see a "gain" it drives me into this space where I start thinking "OH GOD I GAINED MUST EAT LESS". I end up getting totally obsessed with the number on the scale.

So I just weigh once a week. It's easier on my nerves.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #17  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

I weigh almost daily (some days I miss). Helps me keep on track. I know what my monthly fluctuations are, so I can see those as well and they do not drive me crazy becuase I expect them. That way after I have a bad day/ week, I see it and it motivates me to get back on track right away.

Always in the morning after the bathroom, before anything else. But then I also step on the scale around ww weigh in time. So that I get an idea of what that number will be.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #18  

S/C/G: Hw277/183/167/155

Height: 6'2"

What Buffinlovin said!
NeeneeKhaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

This week is a good illustration of why I weigh every day. Monday night, I managed to injure my knee in bed. Yes, in bed. Argh! Anyway, I twisted my knee to the point that it was really painful and swollen. That put a screeching halt to my walking for the week. By the time I got home from work on Tuesday, I was in a lot of pain. So, elevate, ice and Vicodin. The next morning, I was up two pounds. Wednesday night was the same routine, elevate, ice, Vicodin. Thursday morning, I was up an additional half pound. Yesterday, my knee was good enough that I could take an abbreviated walk and skip the Vicodin. This morning, my weight was down those 2.5 pounds. I know that those extra pounds were because of my injury and because of taking pain meds. I also know that because of that, I'm unlikely to lose weight by my weekly weigh in on Sunday. Long story short, because I actually watched my weight go up and down, I'm better prepared for my "official" weigh in on Sunday.

Last edited by Garnet2727; 07-12-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

I agree with most of you that mentioned weighing yourself daily keeps you on track of what youve eaten in order to gain or lose a pound(s). I actually do the same..especially when I eat something like pasta..I always notice the next morning I am up a pound, and than the day after that I lose it!

Thats why I dont eat pasta- almost not at all, anymore because its not worth the amount you receive and the extra pounds that come with it!!

Thanks guys!
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote