Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2001, 04:42 PM   #1  

Angry I just noticed it!!!

Support 3FC!

Click on the logo in the upper left corner, "Click to Give".

The logo has been moved. It's now on the upper right corner. If you don't see it, you can follow this link http://www.3fatchicks.com/3fc/support3fc.html

Last edited by Yellow Ochre; 04-24-2001 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-09-2001, 05:43 PM   #2  
Find a Way

Thanks for pointing that out, I never really noticed it. Made my contribution today.
Old 03-09-2001, 06:23 PM   #3  

Is there any way to contribute without doing it online. Like an address to send a check?
Old 03-10-2001, 10:00 AM   #4  

Default I'd love to give

and have offered to in the past. This appears to be a way for Amazon to make some extra money and I resent helping support Amazon.

If 3FC would like to post an address where we can send a donation, I would be more than happy to. I've often suggested that they should have a subscription service of $1 a month. If even a small portion of the current members subscribed, they would be able to cover their costs and if it would help remove the ads, even better.

Last edited by dharma; 03-10-2001 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-10-2001, 11:27 AM   #5  
Find a Way

Amazon may get a small share of the proceeds, but it is a good way for 3fc to get the money considering the amount of people who may wish to send a contribution. I'm sure the time saved Suzanne of not having to process all the checks, cash, etc. is more than worth whatever fee Amazon may be getting. Plus, you can pay with credit card as well - and Suzanne and the sisters don't have to go out and get a merchant account to process those.

As far as fears of paying on-line, DH and I buy almost everything on-line these days and have never had a problem. As far as security goes, it's much more likely your credit card number will be gotten from a source other than the internet. Example - check out your waiter next time to see if he/she has a pager device. There is a new "toy" out now that allows someone to scan the info from your magnetic stripe and some waiters have been found with these. They sell the info. Another - gas station attendants (the places without the "do-it-yourself" pumps) have been known to add $5 here and there to a credit charge and take the $5 out of the till. The register still balances and most people don't pay enough attention to their statements to notice that amount. I used to work in the industry and had an oil and gas place as a client. They fired someone just about monthly over this. And one last goody, around Christmas time our bigger store clients and hotel clients would get calls in the evening (generally less trained staff) saying they were from VISA and that last night's charges did get processed and would ask for the names and numbers over the phone. You'd be surprised at how many clerks responded!!!

So, based on industry experience, it's more likely your credit card info will be found out in ways other than the internet.
Old 03-14-2001, 09:11 AM   #6  

Thanks for clarifying what this banner at the top really was for. I had noticed it for a while but ignored it because I thought it was just another advertisement.

I just made a contribution.

Suzanne puts in a ton of hours keeping this site running and everyone who uses this site regularly should contribute. All the content on the internet is created by someone and there is a ton of hardware humming behind the scenes that supports it. None of this magically appears. While businesses absorb these costs as a part of doing business, 3FC's is not a deep pocketed business.

Please contribute and show the 3FC's that you appreciate what they have provided for us.

Old 03-14-2001, 04:08 PM   #7  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Dharma,

Suzanne's address is posted in the link above (Please help suppost 3fc Click Here!) if you just want to send a cheque directly to her....

Just FYI!
Marvin
Old 03-14-2001, 11:46 PM   #8  
Soon to be Lifetimer

I am in the dark here!!!
I saw the Amazon box one day and haven't seen it since. I didn't check into it and I am not sure what it is for. Please Help, I love this site and want to keep it going!!!
Old 03-15-2001, 07:20 AM   #9  

I'll do that, however, Suzanne, I need your advice. Who should the cheque be made out to? Is it Suzanne Barnett or 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet? The address given is in the U.S. and I understand you are in the UK. Do you have a bank account for 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet or will the cheques be sent to you for deposit where you are? If you let me know, I'll send a money order this week (as I live in Canada and I'm not sure if your bank will accept cheques from a Canadian bank).

Thanks
Old 04-10-2001, 01:18 AM   #10  

Default Supporting 3FC

They changed the image to take you to the page. It's now at the top right corner and says "Please help support 3FC Click here!" If you don't see it, click here to go to it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/3fc/support3fc.html
Old 04-24-2001, 05:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

I have been lurking here for over a year and also just noticed the support logo.
Lets keep posting here to keep this thread active, so others can find it as we did.
I am sure most others would help support 3FC, but just didn't know how.
Old 04-24-2001, 02:07 PM   #12  

That is a good idea.
Old 04-24-2001, 04:27 PM   #13  
Is is spring yet??

In case anyone is interested there is an address to send checks/money orders to support 3FC.

The info is in the HELP forum at the bottom. I will try and bring it to the top down there.

Tara
Old 04-24-2001, 04:35 PM   #14  
Is is spring yet??

Default Oops!

I was wrong - here is the info:

If you would like to contribute using the easy Amazon method, please click the banner at the top of this page. If you prefer to send a contribution by check, please send to: Suzanne Barnett, 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet! PO Box 5063 Johnson City TN 37604

Thank you so much for helping us to maintain this site. We sincerely appreciate all you've done to help in all forms, including your supportive email and your participation in this site.

Tara
Old 04-25-2001, 04:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

I used the Amazon method. They already have my stuff on file and it was so easy, didn't even have to retype my info, just my password.

Maybe there should be some sort of guidelines, etc, how much is needed and how often, sort of like a subscription?

How much should we pay, and how often and how many of us are doing it? Maybe $5/month?
Closed Thread