Old 05-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/tracker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Default Reintroduction... my successes, what works for me, how I will make it

As you can see from my ticker below, I have had great success so far on my WW journey. I know this is a lifetime endeavor. I have not only proven to myself I can lose weight, I have also proven I can keep it off.

In 2011-2012, I successfully lost ~60lbs concentrating on 5lbs at a time, never worring about the final number. My loss was at a rate I was quite happy with. Along the way, at my *at work* meetings, I learned so much from the other members, just as I have here.

About this time last year, I took a new position at work. I made a decision to concentrate on work and work at maintaining my weight. While I did stop tracking, I was succesful in keeping at my weight with the skills I learned at WW.

Things that work for me when losing or maintaining:
  1. Eat ALL of my daily points. My husband jokes - eat more lose more. Never skimp on daily points.
  2. If I eat something WAY out there, I don't freak out. Just jump back on the bandwagon, track, and forgive myself. I am human, after all.
  3. GHG are critical. Fruits are easy. Veggies are tougher, but eat them. Always get my dairy in. Always. A no-sugar-added-chocolate-skim-milk feeds my desire for sweets at night and fills me up.
  4. Move! Move! Move! I may not feel like getting off the couch right now, but when I return from my walk, I will feel GREAT. I always do.
  5. Wear a pedometer or some other activity tracker. Meet some goal daily. If I don't meet that goal that day, forgive myself, and meet it next time.
  6. Plan when I eat out. Always decide what I am going to eat before I arrive at the restuarant. Always.
  7. Always weigh in. My weight is my weight, whether I know it or not. It is what it is. By weighing in, I learn more about what works and what doesn't. Forgive my (food) indiscresions.

So here I am, about 1 year from when I stopped losing. I have begun exercising much more intensely than a year ago. I know I can lose because I have done it before. I know I will be able to maintain, because I have done it this past year.
FlygURL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

Congrats!

Good tips...thanks!
movielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #3  

Great tips. I really need to learn to live by #7....
asjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220.6/tick/135.0

Height: 5' 5"

Congrats on the re-commitment. And thanks for sharing the tips!
lindalee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:09 AM   #5  
Hang in there!

S/C/G: 252/236/145

Height: 5'2

Thumbs up Been overweight way to long!

Thank you FlygURL for your very inspiring post. I have been trying to loose, but it seems all I really do is think about loosing. I appreciate your openness about what worked for you. I felt a kick in the butt to just "move and forgive myself". I am interested in the WW 360. I thought I could figure it out myself but after reading it seems that I am fooling myself. I need a buddy and support. I want to start by getting under 200 pounds (5 @ a time). I can handle that. I have been fat way to long!
Dawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #6  
Lorna

S/C/G: 217/Ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

Thank you FlygURL, 5 lbs at a time, a simple concept, why didn't I think of that. I've been focusing on the end goal. 5 at a time sounds mmore heartening. Going to use your tips. Congrats on your success
Lorna F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #7  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Great post! I am also striving to only think about 5 lbs at a time. I know that in the past focusing on the end results seems to daunting that I always just give up. Not this time!!
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations! Thanks for the tips, I'm a new member so I'll be putting that advice to good use right away
Suz151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 234/tracker/150

Height: 5' 4"

My thoughts of *5lbs at a time*

After the first 5lb loss, you've done it once. Can you do it again? Why not?
So, as of today, I am at a 64lb loss. Looking at it differently, I have lost 5lbs 12 times! 12 times!

My hop back onto full fledged WW has been successful this week with an astonishing 4lb loss. I certainly do not expect any more losses like this, but it was a nice reward for tracking and exercising.
FlygURL is offline   Reply With Quote