Old 04-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10

Default New to WW..

Hey all!!

I am new to weight watchers and I was trying to see if anyone had any tips/help advice for me.

I am a mother of a 2 year old son, a 8th grade teacher, and I am 22.. my boyfriend does not need to be at a diet (he is actually UNDER weight.. 5'10 and 114lbs.. ) so I am doing this diet and doing WW on my own..

I cannot go to the meeting because where I live there is only 1 meeting place with 1 meeting time and its at 10am every Thursday.. and since I am a teacher I cannot go at that time.. until summer comes..

So any advice would be really appreciated to help keep me motivated
ajlee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

My biggest pointer is cook what is right for you as far as the plan goes. My husband has never complained about eat "diet" food. If he requests something, I find a low point version. He's picky and he has turned down very few dishes. I don't think your boyfriend will lose weight (if you're cooking for him), so eat what pleases you and your son. I like skinnytaste (dot) com for recipes. She has a kid-friendly section too (I sometimes use that for my picky husband, haha).

My rule when I went into my weight loss journey was that I was not going to make more than one meal at dinner time. If my husband didn't like the food, he could make a peanut butter sandwich. Not once has he gone hungry and I think he's only made a PB sandwich once or twice! Haha

Good luck!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD2008 View Post
My biggest pointer is cook what is right for you as far as the plan goes. My husband has never complained about eat "diet" food. If he requests something, I find a low point version. He's picky and he has turned down very few dishes. I don't think your boyfriend will lose weight (if you're cooking for him), so eat what pleases you and your son. I like skinnytaste (dot) com for recipes. She has a kid-friendly section too (I sometimes use that for my picky husband, haha).

My rule when I went into my weight loss journey was that I was not going to make more than one meal at dinner time. If my husband didn't like the food, he could make a peanut butter sandwich. Not once has he gone hungry and I think he's only made a PB sandwich once or twice! Haha

Good luck!

Haha, I like that.. I might have to go and tell him that.. either you like it or you dont.. and if you dont.. make your own But sometimes I do not mind cooking 2 meals because usually he just eats something quick.. hot dogs fries taco salad stuff like that.. but I am trying to cook more healthy things.. I have used that website a few times.. I am going to look at it more and just write down a bunch of recipes!! thanks
Old 04-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #4  

You can save the recipes!! On the bottom of each recipe there is blue button that says "save recipe". Easy!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #5  

Quote:
You can save the recipes!! On the bottom of each recipe there is blue button that says "save recipe". Easy!
Does WW have exercise videos??
Old 04-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #6  

Not on their website for free, but you can buy them. I have my eye on the Punch! Fitness one, it comes with weighted gloves and a video. I just haven't bought it yet. If you have time to stop by your meeting place, let them know you're a member but you can't attend meetings because of your work schedule. They may have some in the store. If not, try through their website, you might be able to order there. And if that doesn't work, my fall back is always eBay.

Last edited by MrsD2008; 04-20-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #7  

Quote:
Not on their website for free, but you can buy them. I have my eye on the Punch! Fitness one, it comes with weighted gloves and a video. I just haven't bought it yet. If you have time to stop by your meeting place, let them know you're a member but you can't attend meetings because of your work schedule. They may have some in the store. If not, try through their website, you might be able to order there. And if that doesn't work, my fall back is always eBay.
Thanks for the help

Currently I use the Tiffany Rothe free videos online.
I love them.. just not sure how many points they count as
Old 04-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 219/196/145

Height: 5'5"

I have purchased several of the WW exercise programs and love them all, I also have the activelink which is an extra push of motivation. There are SO many resources online and recipes, as well as points listed for restaurants. Send me a message if you want a bunch of links, I don't want to spam too much lol Best of luck to you and if you can't make the meetings just check in here with us
allforHisglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #9  

The WW videos won't tell you how many points you earn with an exercise because it depends on your weight, your intensity and how long you participated.

I use the Pocket Guide for reference when calculating how many points I earn. There is also a place for it in the eTools app. I think you can calculate it on eTools itself also, I can't remember for sure.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

My husband isn't on WW with me but we eat the mostly the same things. The exceptions to that rule are when he's in the mood for something really outrageously point heavy. Then, we tend to have separate meals. Normally, though, the biggest difference is portion control. While I'll have one serving of meat, he'll have two. While I have a cup of pasta, he'll have more pasta and more sauce. While I have one taco, maybe two. He'll have three, maybe four. Stuff like that.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #11  

Portion control is very true in my relationship also. I serve my husband's food and while I don't measure everything out, I eyeball healthy servings. But I don't stop him if he wants more. The only thing I control in my husband's diet is sodium intake because his blood pressure is borderline high and he's a FF.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #12  

Thanks all so much for the help and advice I appreciate it