Old 03-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #1  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

Default Setting goal weight?

I am wondering how everyone picked their goal weight or have you not picked one yet?

I joined wws thinking I wanted to lose 30lbs (165) and 164 is the top of my healthy range. So that is my personal current goal not my offical ww goal. I would be happy with that but I talked to my leaders and they say it is too early to pick a goal weight becuase I am losing too much weight. I can see their point I am still losing 1.5 to 2lbs a week. They said when I get to appromiately .2 to .4 a week we would pick.

I want to be at good weight that is going to be maintainable and since I am currently really active I think it would be easy to go too low. And then it would be hard to maintain when I am not as active.

So right now I am thinking 160 and then I might start playing with my eating so I slow down big time and they will let me set my goal.

What do you think?

Last edited by Dixiemom; 03-12-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #2  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

I had the same question and asked at my WW place a couple weeks ago. I was told they will help me set a goal weight once I lose 10% of my body weight. I wonder why they want you to slow down the weight loss first? I'm still very new to this so there's a lot I still don't know.
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #3  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Honestly, if it ain't broke - don't fix it. I think tinkering with your points is playing with fire.When I start playing games I start screwing up. They apparently have a method for their madness and I have an idea of what I'd like to weigh at my goal so I'm content with that.

I want to be at good weight that is going to be maintainable and since I am currently really active I think it would be easy to go too low. And then it would be hard to maintain when I am not as active. Everything you are doing now should be something you're willing to commit to for the rest of your life. Your level of activity should stay high.

For me, there are no quick fixes, no playing games, just hard work and dedication for the rest of my life.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote