Old 01-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #1  

Default How can you find out if a food would be WW friendly?

HI.

Yep, just started WW's on Saturday. And after the fact all kinds of questions come up.

I eat a gluten free granola by Go Raw, how do I know if this is WW friendly? Is there someplace I can go and look this kind of thing up?
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

The idea of WW is that you can eat whatever you want, you just have to count the points for it. So all foods are "Weight Watchers Friendly", but some foods will take more out of your Points budget than others.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

^ What Manda said. Just enter the info from your raw granola bar to get the points, from there you can decide whether or not if it is worth the points. Some stuff is WORTH keepin' if you wanna stay on plan and not feel deprived.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #4  

Thank you ladies, I looked it up and it came out at 2 pts.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #5  
Come on, skinny love

S/C/G: 290/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

"Is this worth it?" is a question I ask myself a million times a week!

Now... I have a couple different flavors of Go Raw granola... and they both come in at five points. Mine have 3 grams of fat, 43 carbs, 6 fiber, and 5 protein in a 1/2 cup serving. Is that similar to what you have? Unless you are talking about the granola bars.. they might be more or less but 2pts sounds low for anything "granola".

Anyway, that being said you'll find that things high in protein are much higher in points, but you get more bang for your buck because you stay full longer. Sometimes you'll waste 5 points on a simple carb and half an hour later you'll wish you'd eaten a 2 point hard boiled egg instead.

It takes some experimenting. Plug your favorites into the tracker and click the star so they are up front and easy to track every day.

Last edited by Veneficae; 01-21-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Veneficae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficae View Post
"Is this worth it?" is a question I ask myself a million times a week!

Now... I have a couple different flavors of Go Raw granola... and they both come in at five points. Mine have 3 grams of fat, 43 carbs, 6 fiber, and 5 protein in a 1/2 cup serving. Is that similar to what you have? Unless you are talking about the granola bars.. they might be more or less but 2pts sounds low for anything "granola".

Anyway, that being said you'll find that things high in protein are much higher in points, but you get more bang for your buck because you stay full longer. Sometimes you'll waste 5 points on a simple carb and half an hour later you'll wish you'd eaten a 2 point hard boiled egg instead.

It takes some experimenting. Plug your favorites into the tracker and click the star so they are up front and easy to track every day.
Thank you for your comments, I will have to recheck that, I am new at this so all the comments are appreciated. I guess the 5 gr of protein are what keep me happy when I eat it, and the added fiber. It is hard to find a gluten free verison of granola.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #7  
Come on, skinny love

S/C/G: 290/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

You are right, the protein and fiber will go a looooong way towards keeping your tummy satisfied!
Veneficae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/199/165

Height: 5'11

You can always look up the point value using the nutrition calculator. I have the WW mobile app and use the calculator on my phone. Sometimes it takes me forever to grocery shop because I stand there and calculate everything before I put it in my cart. I wonder if people think im a weirdo for standing there staring at the box and using my phone at the same time? haha.
Zeplove25 is offline   Reply With Quote