Old 10-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/165/145/

Height: 5'0

I started school

Last edited by beth sebring; 10-31-2012 at 09:03 PM.
beth sebring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/165/145/

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC View Post
For me, it's head hunger. I know I shouldn't put it in my mouth, my body doesn't need it, but my head says I need it...and the head wins. I guess it all boils down to food addiction and learning to overcome it to cure everything. Dr Furhman (Eat to Live) has an emotional eating counseling program that I would love to try, but it's very expensive. I'll just have to figure it out on my own.
Same with me, I find it so hard to maintain after I reach my goal. Classic yoyo dieter and growing up around people that dont care about their health. Just today I was in line to get food at school and I said I’m on a diet idk what to get with my friend. The girl jokingly said get over yourself then a girl i didnt even know walked by and said "for real.” And these are girls going into the health profession! Then I got my haircut by the same person I always get it cut by and he offered me donuts, apple cider, chips and candy (it was halloween) it was yummy of course and nice of him but when I left he sent me off with a handful of candy bars. He wouldnt take no for an answer haha
beth sebring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschaff04 View Post
I got pregnant with my third child, which brought on "I'm pregnant so I can eat for two...or three...or FOUR" syndrome. And that's what I did. And here I am, back at it.
This is my story.
I joined WW online 3 days before we were pregnant with #1. After DS I joined WW@ work and it was great. Plateaued hard at max allowable so after 6 weeks declared it goal and made it thru maintenance to LT.

While pregnant w DD, I gained 55. She's now 16 months old and I need to get the last 5-8 off. And frankly I would like to get past the top end of 'ok weight.' But apparently I am not wanting it enough because I can't focus away from poor choices/emotional eating long enough to put a good week together. Much less a good month. I am one of those where the meetings really helped.
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:04 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I'm a big emotional eater. It doesn't have to be bad emotions, any emotions. I eat when I'm bored, happy, depressed.

When I'm depressed I eat the most, somehow the act of chewing and swollowing some how pushes the bad emotions back in the background for awhile but only while I'm eating....well that's not good.

I also get lazy, tired of tracking, tired of weighing everything. Tired of not having the treats that people bring into the office. (Which is just not right thinking, if I plan for treats I can have them, just because it's there isn't a good reason to have a treat and a treat is one serving not 2 or more. )
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #20  

I regain because of the same reasons as Sarahu...I am weak when it comes to food and I binge so darn easily.. that is is disgusting...I can't even say no to that voice that says Hey eat me I am in the pantry.. I am serious.. I start off ok....get my walking in and boom around afternoon.. the binge monster for any reason attacks...

Wish there was a pill for that..
Crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Another thing that throws me is completely giving up the foods I enjoy. If I could learn to incorporate a single serving of chips, or high fat foods or high sugar foods, enjoy it then stop.

I did South Beach for a while and had great sucess, but after a couple years white rice started calling my name and I really didn't like white rice that much before I gave it up.

I think for me, I need to learn to incorporate all these changes and really make lifestyle shift in thinking and eating I can live with forever.
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #22  

I lost 125 pounds doing low carb.. then that plan no matter what I did, stopped working...so I switched to WW and now I have this low carb mind set... it's actually kind of weird...I just as you said, I need the portion control...but I don't know when to stop...also on WW I need to make better choices for a better bang for my points...such a battle, I swear..
Crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 203/165

Height: 5'8

I too binge eat and I am not hungry at all wish I could get it all together. so I am trying WW again and I hope it works for me what one do you all like the PP or Momentum? I need all the help I can get!!!
Do you all know how to change the line to change my weight since I have gain more than that???

Last edited by jwillits; 11-27-2012 at 03:32 PM.
jwillits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #24  
Less of a Better Me

I regain when I don't making losing weight and maintaining weight loss my number one focus. It also doesn't help if I have a long plateau.

The trigger to regaining is usually being a situation where following the program becomes difficult.

Many years ago I got to lifetime and was doing fine. I had some jaw surgery where I couldn't eat solid food for a couple of months. Just as I was getting back to eating solid food (which I was really craving) I had to go out of town for work for 2 weeks where I was eating out with other people 3 times a day. And this was long before restaurants made any effort to have any healthy or lower calorie foods. The combination of the craving and the trip caused me to gain enough that when I got home I realized I was about 5 pounds over goal. I was too embarrassed to weigh in while that much over goal so said I would go back when I got back to goal. I eventually did go back years later but was nowhere near goal.

The other example is from earlier this year. I had been doing well and had lost 44 pounds. First I got stuck on a plateau which was very frustrating. Then we got involved with buying a new house and moving. The area we were looking at was 60 miles from where we lived so we would drive up and look at houses and then be starving so would eat out. Couple that with packing and crazy schedules and not being able to find anything...and I gained 10 pounds. Again...not so bad. And for the past several months I've bounced up another 10 pounds and then I lose it and then I bounce up. Basically once I had gained the 10 pounds I was demoralized by it and just didn't want to focus on weight loss so...I didn't.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #25  
WW Moderator

Judy, have you read any from that book yet? It looks interesting! I bookmarked it for now.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwillits View Post
I too binge eat and I am not hungry at all wish I could get it all together. so I am trying WW again and I hope it works for me what one do you all like the PP or Momentum? I need all the help I can get!!!
Do you all know how to change the line to change my weight since I have gain more than that???
To change your ticker, click o User CP at the top of the website, then click on change signature. Scroll down below the ticker to the box where your signature is typed in and change the number.

I think the best plan is the one you will follow. When I did Momentum, I don't think my mindset was good. I just wasn't into it. My points would be gone by noon! I did better with PP. I am no longer following the program, but I have maintained my weight so far. Everyday I intend to get back on program, but my carb portions have been growing and that's my downfall. I think my success was due to filling up on veggies and eating very small portions of carbs. I would have no starchy carbs at breakfast or lunch, but I knew I could then have a portion of them at dinner, so that knowledge got me through the day. It worked, and I need to get back to it while I'm still maintaining. Regaining right now would be disasterous for my frame of mind.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Ive been struggling like mad for the last 6 months abouts (maybe even longer) to stay on track... I was eating well like i normally have been to lose the weight i have and then... BOOM - Plateau! So... ive been up and down 3-4lbs fluctuating the whole time. I got into this major rut... like... "I cant do this! Im losin the battle! Well, im just going to gain it back again next week!" etc. I just decided to put my foot down. No More... "BLT's = Bites, Licks, and Tastes" as my leader calls them. And true... this week i did not go into temptation to "taste" anything. I lost 4.5lbs this week and finally FINALLY broke into the 160's!!!!!! So ive decided to go 1 week at a time, and not try to think further ahead of myself. Get thru 1 day at a time, 1 week at a time. Its so hard to get that motivation back after feeling like someone has been pushin ya backwards! Ugh
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #28  

Its been about 10 year now since I first lost 55 lbs on WW. I loved WW then - had a great leader, liked meetings. But then I moved across town, got focused on other things, never found another WW leader I liked.

Lots of life changes...marriage, children....

And then my former WW success came to be reminder of my current failure. And since I gained the weight back (plus more) it plants seeds of doubt in my head about ever being able to lose the weight and keep it off.

Short answer....I re/gain weight when I lose focus on my weight related goals.

Last edited by Maurene; 12-05-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Maurene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #29  
Building a Better Me

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/250

Height: 5'3"

The last 4 years of my life have been one huge roller coaster. I lost about 50 pounds (I was hovering right around 200 at the end) and was thrilled with it - but then? I quit my job (to be a SAHM) and my husband and I hit a financially horrible time. I hit a huge depression and just couldn't come out of it. Resulting in a gain of almost 100 lbs **EEK**

So now that my life is in a FAR better place, I'm finally ready to change my life, this time for good.
Jacque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Is is so difficult when stressful situations come into your life. Food provides comfort. It does! But it's temporary comfort. The stressful problems don't go away...the food just smooths things over for a while. Then the weight gain causes more stress. Somehow, we need to learn how to manage our stress without turning to food. Learn to stop and think before each and every morsel goes into our mouth! We can do this. We can!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote