Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 11:57 PM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Smile WW Weekly Chatter: 7/30 - 8/5

Hello everyone! Welcome to WW Weekly Chit Chat!

This is a thread for any and all WW users to get to know each other. To talk about their days or weeks. Whether it's plan-related or not. Just a comfy area to chat about things in general. Grab a chair, pick up a cup of hot tea or coffee and relax with everyone!

Please join in at any time
Old 07-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #2  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile

hi I'm Laura. I started WW on 6/17. I just do it myself from home. And I'm using the old plan not points plus because momentum worked so well for me in 2007. So I'm ready to do it again. I've lost 14 lbs so far.

Last week was really good for me because I stayed on plan every single day and I joined the Y and I've been working out 2-3 hours a day! I'm really proud of myself.

I want to lose 3 lbs a week so I can meet my goal by my wedding date set for 8/24/13. Last week I only lost 2 but I'll take it! I suspect I might be carrying extra water weight because TOM is due tomorrow.

I weigh biweekly on Sundays and Thursdays.

Tomorrow I start a 12-week fitness program at the Y with coaches and a plan tailored to me and my goals. Excited about that. Hoping they take measurements because I'm curious about inches lost. Wish I'd taken measurements in June. But I'm only down 14 lbs so its not too late.

Good luck to everyone else on here!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #3  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Remember that weight watchers believes that a healthy weight loss is .5-2 lbs a week. I lost 1.3 this week. Very satisfied.

Hope everyone has a good week!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #4  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByAmbition View Post
Remember that weight watchers believes that a healthy weight loss is .5-2 lbs a week.!
Not only that, but our bodies don't always do what we would like them to do. I know for me, when I have a big weight loss week like 3 lbs, the following week I'll maintain or only lose 1/2 lb.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Well this week I should be back on track and I am actually excited about it LOL really! I will not be working from my home which will force me to plan and pack my lunches and breakfasts....dinner is not a problem. And I tend to carry healthier foods when I work at the office. And.....it will be easier for me to get to the gym without outside distractions...

Tudor I am the same way when I have a loss and if it is more than 2lbs I usually do not see a loss for another week sometimes much longer
Old 07-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone. I lost about 40 pounds on WW about 2 years ago and maintained it until my vacation this summer without tracking (too many lobster rolls and fancy yummy alcoholic beverages). But I am back on the wagon as of yesterday and back to tracking. My portion sizes have slowly been getting bigger and bigger and getting back to weighing/measuring will get me a step in the right direction. I did WW online but this time I am doing the old fashioned paper way. My goal this time is to actually hit my goal of 140. I got down to a low of 146 earlier this year.

Goals for the week-
1) pack lunch M-F
2) eat dinner at home M-F
3) TRACK!

I don't have any exercise goals other than make it to my Thursday night pilates class which, luckily, I haven't been too bad about going.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

Ok I did great yesterday--even went to the gym and did 115min on the elliptical..(I know a bit crazy the first 60 was my usual but then I got to watching the men's volley ball game and had to see who won) But my late night snacking got me, darn DH and bring home a box of cheezits. Ah well today is another day

But hey I did track it all
Old 08-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #8  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

115 minutes on the elliptical? Good for you! I get bored after, like, 30 minutes on that machine. Haha
Old 08-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

Hi..I am new to WW. Just joined yesterday. Looking forward to it. I really like my leader. She has been a lifetime member for 29 years.

That said... Having mixed feelings at the moment because I'm super hungry. Also, the scale at the group is 5 pounds more than what my doctor's scale said just three hours before at my appointment, and I didn't eat or drink anything. . They don't let you take your shoes off, tho.

Last edited by tea2; 08-01-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Happy Friday everyone Down 2 pounds to 155 today! So far I have stuck to my goals for the week, except I did go out to dinner Wednesday.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #11  
Work in Progress

Well chickies did not make ti to the gym the past 2 days but did manage to get in a ton of walking today.....all over the "the big city" about 5 hours of standing and walking my tootsie hurt LOL

cubbygirl you will have to tell me where in the pnw you are!

Eating wise I did ok not great but I figured the walking helped

Tomorrow goin to be a hot one so sunscreen-water-and common sense to get me throught the day
Old 08-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I am so beyond frustrated!!!! Up another 2.8 pounds this week at weigh in. I don't get it...I am doing fine during the week. I weigh every day in order to keep track and things were on track for at least a maintain this week. Between yesterday and this morning, I managed to gain 2.8 pounds? It just doesn't make sense!!!

I even checked my old tracker books and I am back to the weight I was in FEBRUARY!!! I am frustrated and annoyed and feel like I'm kicking my own butt at the gym and making good choices and just not seeing any results. Instead, it seems to be doing the opposite than it should.
Closed Thread