Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 10:10 AM   #1  
Trying it again!

Default WW Help!!

Ok, I just joined WW and so far its not bad but I am hungry all the time in my points. Not only that but I am having a hard time figuring out what to eat for like side dishes for dinner. I grew up with the meat and potatoes idea....and not I have the body to prove it. Can anyone suggest some helpful pointers to stay motivated or some alternatives to just green veggies and meat for dinner?
Old 03-28-2003, 01:46 PM   #2  

90% of my dinners are meat and veggies. I bought the WW cookbook and have done a few of their recipies. Also on this website there are so many recipes that look good. There are different ways to spice up veggies.
Old 03-28-2003, 02:21 PM   #3  

Weight Watchers has really helped me get creative with my cooking.

Last night we had a pork and black beans dish (from a ww cookbook) on top of rice with steamed carrots - YUM!

We have had chicken tortallini spinach soup with warm crusty french and the brummel and brown butter spread - Also YUM!

We also eat Bubba Burgers one lowfat buns with side salad and homemade potato chips.

Meatloaf, mashed pototos, snap peas.

The great thing about WW is you can eat anything (in smaller portions of course). Good luck!
Old 03-28-2003, 05:14 PM   #4  

The "free" WW soup is great, and it's even better if you add Navy Beans and some lean meat like round steak or ham, FF cottage cheese is great as a side dish, asparagus, cooked carrots, 1/2 cup rice with soy sauce, or a boiled red potato with ICBINB spray. Fill up on fruits with FF Cool Whip, pretzel sticks, Special K bars, Kudos bars (I like the Snicker ones), sherbet, and baked chips with FF refried beans. There's alot of choices out there. Good luck!
Old 04-05-2003, 04:57 PM   #5  

I had a great dinner last night for 7 points. Chicken tenderloins on the grill, basted with barbecue sauce, my own fat free version of fried rice and green beans. You can still have potatoes, rice and pasta, you just need to watch your portion size. You get the most bang for your buck with rice. Especially if you add veggies to it. My son and I love fat-free french fries made in the oven. We have them a couple nights a week. I love baked sweet potatoes too and sometimes I make french fries out of them as well. Spaghetti squash is wonderful and has more texture than a lot of other veggies so you may want to give that a try. Good luck!
Old 04-05-2003, 06:20 PM   #6  

I used to eat the Vidalia Onion Bubba Burgers (in the yellow box) until they "recalculated" the NI, and they went from 4 to 9 points!!! I can make my own hamburger patty for way less than 9 points.
Closed Thread