Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 04:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 207/194/155

Height: 5'8"

AustinGal ~ Two words re: the sport top bottles: nipple fetish.
Old 03-07-2001, 06:10 PM   #17  
Thin 4 Lifer

Dryer lint and black shoes! Ahhh, those were the days...
Old 03-08-2001, 08:41 AM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

I clearly remember those discussions on dryer lint, black shoes and belly button piercing...they were most interesting as I recall.

Karen Sue: I have trouble getting my water in too but I find as long as I keep a glass on my desk filled I tend to get most of my water in during the workday. I really notice a difference if I'm not getting the water in.

As far as my weigh in goes...I was up .6 which was no big deal since TOM starts next week and I generally have a little bit of a gain just prior. I weighed in exactly at goal which is much better than I have in pre past few months where I've been just under the wire. I enjoy going to the meetings weekly and it seems I'm always learning something new.

I'm off to Chicago this weekend for a meeting so I'll have to plan ahead as far as eating goes. Generally though I do pretty well when I'm away. I need to get serious about losing a few more pounds before my trip to FL in April. I really want to get the last couple of stubborn pounds off before I leave.

Happy Thursday!

Melissa
161/142/142ww/135 personal
Old 03-08-2001, 09:43 AM   #19  

I also remember the threads about dryer lint and black shoes. After gaining weight last summer, I have been having good weigh ins for the last few months. I am trying to stay OP. Now that I have access again, I hope to participate in this forum again. Everyone is very encouraging.
Old 03-09-2001, 08:42 AM   #20  

Default Friday Rules!

Any rewards awaiting you this weekend?

Good Morning All! Hmm...does my browser deceive me? Or I am indeed the first one to post this nice sunny Friday (in Chicago)? How are you all doing? Got any good plans or rewards awaiting you this weekend?

Melissa will you be booked solid while in Chicago? If you'd like to get together or have a "real-live" telephone call (what a novel idea), please feel free to call [312.337.7114] or email me.

My weekend will be interesting. Translation: I've got an all day medical test thingy at NMHospital today. I'm sure it will not reveal any problems, just the ususal: an annoying way to spend the day. Tomorrow it will be a true exercise in the banking of the points: my family is going out for dinner in honor of my brother's birthday. And that means a true tap-dance of the points. I'm rather sure I've banked points okay, but one never knows until one leaves the table with my family. {Yes! Dinners out with my family are clearly an issue for me.}

Well, I'm off to drink water! And wake up my husband. Someone has to go to work!?! Hope you all have a great weekend + I'll be reporting in with the drinking of the water

Karen Sue...wishing for a cup of coffee...
Old 03-09-2001, 08:47 AM   #21  

Default Testing

I can see this is an established click here. So I won't bud in. Just testing to see if my new cat sympol took.
Old 03-09-2001, 08:52 AM   #22  

Default Trying Again

Where's My Cat!
Old 03-09-2001, 08:55 AM   #23  

Default Thanks Guys!

For letting me take up space here. I had to test this somewhere - where no one knows me and see's what a computer dummy I am. He He.

Since I never post on this thread-(although I'm a lifer-I just don't seem to fit into this click) I figured this would be a good place to run my cat test.

Now- I've got him out there- I'm happy and I'm out of here.

Have A Nice Day!
Old 03-09-2001, 09:39 AM   #24  

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone! It's snowy and pretty nasty out here today. Ugh! I'm so tired of snow and cold. I can't wait for Spring!!!

Garfield There's no "click" here...everyone just pops in and out. You're more than welcome to post and jump in.

Karen Sue My schedule while in Chicago is generally pretty well booked. We don't get in until 9:30 in the evening and then all day Saturday we have a meeting and then I hop back on a plane early Sunday morning. Not much fun there! Sometimes I'm able to get other things done while I'm in town depending on my flights etc. If I get the chance I'll try and give you a call. Otherwise I'd love to keep in touch via e-mail. Good luck with your tests today.

It's been a pretty busy week here and I'm hoping that things will be a little quieter next week although it's going to be just as busy I'm sure. We're working on the Cancer Society Daffodil Sale and the organization I'm in charge of is sponsoring a Women's History Month Tea on Tuesday...too much to do and too little time!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Melissa
Old 03-09-2001, 09:43 AM   #25  
Ready to Offer Support!

Wow!. How exciting to log in on a Friday morning and find so many "old friends" and new ones on this thread.

OhioMom - so glad to hear from you!

Michele - same goes to you (tho I never did figure out how to do that accent thingy). How is soccer going? As for the nipple fetish, hmm... I'll have to think about that one. Today my water bottle has a straw thingy instead of a sport top and it's working out just as well. I think it is probably more of a general oral fixation - which may explain why I am always wanting to stick food in there constantly - ya think?

grace - Welcome Back! I don't remember reading any of your previous posts, but definitely look forward to hearing from you often.

Garfield - feel free to bud in any time! Sorry you think we sound like a clique - I think we really try to include and support anybody who wishes to join in. BTW, your kitty is cute.

Melissa - good luck on your trip to Chicago. And, thanks for keeping this board filled with interesting things to read this week. Everybody else seems to have been very busy, so I appreciate your efforts to post regularly.

Karen Sue - I do have an interesting weekend coming up, thanks for asking. We are going to have our first overnight guests in our new home tonight. They are driving in from out of town. In Texas, your guests can drive 8 hours and still be in the same state! Our guests are driving from Lubbock to Austin (8 hour drive). I am excited (to show off my new house and my new figure), hassled (how to get all my regular weekend chores done and still be relaxed enough to entertain and be a pleasant hostess) and nervous (gonna try out a few new recipes for these guys - I hope all the food turns out well). So, I am pretty excited about it. Good luck on your tests tomorrow.

Have a fantastic weekend, all (and keep your fingers crossed for me that my houseguest weekend turns out more Martha-ey than not!)
Old 03-09-2001, 11:37 AM   #26  

Default Chicago next week

Morning!

Hey Scarlett54 (Karen Sue) - I'm going to be in Chicago next week for some training classes. I'll be there from Sunday and will leave on Friday afternoon. I'll be staying downtown. My days will be full, but the evenings should be free. If you're interested, let me know....it'd be great to meet a fellow "chick."

Katie
Old 03-09-2001, 01:15 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 207/194/155

Height: 5'8"

AustinGal - Hey, watch you you call an "old friend"! (My 30th birthday's coming up, so I'm feeling a little sensitive.)

Obviously, was just joking re: nipple comment. I am definitely orally fixated - thumb-sucking right through to binge eating. Then again, haven't Freudian theories largely been de-bunked?
Old 03-09-2001, 01:59 PM   #28  
Thin 4 Lifer

Enjoy your weekend, AustinGal! How exciting to be able to show off your new home (not to mention your new figure) to your friends! Hope all those new recipes turn out great ... you DO sound like it will be a very Martha weekend!
Old 03-09-2001, 02:33 PM   #29  

Hi Everyone!
I'm having the worst time with trying to get motivated to go back on points. I'm about 5-7 pounds over my goal weight right now. Some of you may remember me posting a message about how my mother left my father six months ago because of an affair. SHe's still having it. This has all been really stressful to deal with, and I guess I spent so much energey feeling sad and trying everything I could to make my dad feel better (he was very depressed for awhile) that there wasn't much left for me. But...I know that I've got to stop letting what's going on with them affect me so much as I have my own life and family to take care of. When all this was first happening I went from faithfully counting points and working out alot to counting points off and on and still working out a little bit, to not counting points at all (and just trying to eat sensibly) and not working out at all. Yikes! I realize this all can't be good (obviously) so every day so far this week I've at least managed to do some kind of workout. (Monday and Wednesday I did my strength training/toning routine, Tuesday just some abs work, yesterday I got in a 30 minute walk, and I'm going to try to work out today, Saturday, and Sunday as well). My new goal is to try to work out every day and takign baby steps try to ease back into counting points as well at least until I get back down to my goal weight. Sorry this is so long. Thanks for letting me share my frustrations and feelings with all of you.
Closed Thread