Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Cool WW Weekly Chit Chat: 4/30 - 5/6

Hello everyone! Welcome to WW Weekly Chit Chat!

This is a thread for any and all WW users to get to know each other. To talk about their days or weeks. Whether it's plan-related or not. Just a comfy area to chat about things in general. Grab a chair, pick up a cup of hot tea or coffee and relax with everyone!

Please join in at any time
Old 04-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi chickies! Tomorrow is WI for me so we will see how it goes. I should be down a bit, but TOM is coming on so .....

Another stressful week at work this week - I just need to get through it and then it should be smooth sailing for awhile.

Hope you all have a POP day!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone.

I wanted to comment that I find it strange some WW members see it as a failure to use their weekly allowance points. For me I see them as being there for a reason.

Any comments appreciated.

Have a good day.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #4  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckypear View Post
Hello everyone.

I wanted to comment that I find it strange some WW members see it as a failure to use their weekly allowance points. For me I see them as being there for a reason.

Any comments appreciated.

Have a good day.
I don't see it as a "failure" per se, but I've always had a hard time eating them even though I know they are there for a reason and I know I'm allowed to eat them. For some people, though, they can't eat them. Their body will gain weight if weeklies are used.

I'm starting to eat more of my weeklies now, mostly because I'm exercising more. Like, getting 35-40 APs a week. So on days I exercise I'm eating some of my weeklies. I don't eat all of them, but I give myself 30 weeklies and I'm still losing about 1 lb a week, so yay!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #5  
Sally

S/C/G: 222.5/207.6/140

Height: 5' 3"

I do not see it as a failure either, but I do try to just eat my daily points each day if I can. Depending on the week, and what life has in store for me, I dip into them here and there. Mostly if we are eating out. Or I make that recipe that is a little high in points for dinner....I still cook for my DH and DD, so sometimes I cater to them. The great thing about WW, is I can do that, and still be OP
Old 04-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I've never seen it as a failure and, frankly, when I was losing I usually would eat every single weekly. In maintenance, I wanted to eat as much as possible without gaining weight. For me, eating too little always slows my metabolism (I'm assuming--something weird happens) and makes it impossible to lose no matter how much I exercise.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/189/145

Height: 5'3

I always make sure i eat all of my daily and activity points but i never eat all of my weekly points but i do try to eat about half.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #8  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Well chickies I think we are off to another great week! For some reason I just plain feel good about how this week is going to go!

I gained a bit from last week but it is not the end of my world, I did not get to the gym as often as normal and the sky did not fall on me because of it.

Life it good! This week I am going to focus on mixing it up at the gym just for some wild and crazy fun LOL and try and stay away from my not so much of a buddy - the wine

btw as for weeklies ....I don't see it as failing either my problem is if I eat them I will gain for sure but I do munch back my ap's
Old 05-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hello chickies!

I don't see using Weeklies as failures. I see it as there if I need them. I let my hunger and life dictate if I use them. If I'm hingryone day - that's what they are there for. If I go out to dinner and want to have a drink - that's what they are there for. I love weeklies, and I use varying amounts each week.

This week is going to be great! Today was WI and I am down another 1.8 lbs.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

texscrapperCongrats on the weight loss.

Thanks for the words about weekly allowance points. I use all of them at least for now. I find it takes awhile for me to get into the groove. But I am steadily losing. That may change as I weigh less???? Not sure. But I will find out.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

Well good morning chicks!
Had a great workout last night but did not do my strength training...I know I know...I need to do that to build muscle, and when you build muscle you burn more calories with less effort.

But for a nsv..today I put on a size smaller skirt it is a tad snug around the waist but darn it I got it on and it looks ok! My other skirts are starting to hang down so low now, I know the scale is not moving but I must be doing something right.

Ok off to work for me
Old 05-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I think I just flipped my world upside down. I've been very upset about possibly having add another year to my expected graduation date for school until DH graduates next May. We talked and decided I'd apply for a job that's in the evenings to allow me to take classes in the morning/afternoon. It's a significant pay cut of about a 1/3 but we only have to manage it for a year. I'm very nervous and excited at the same time! The upside is, the job requires lots of exercise so if I get it, it should help with my weight loss.

On a different note, I always kinda giggled at those posts where people talk about being nervous going into the "regular" rather than plus size section. Well, I'm not laughing anymore! I went to Old Navy to get my son some flip flops and saw some stuff that was cute. I know they run big so I was thinking... maybe... just maybe... but I was so stinking self conscious! I didn't try anything on just grabbed two t-shirts and ran for it. I'm happy to report the XXL fits with room to spare.

Enough rambling for me.. back to work! Hope everyone's week is going stupendously.

Last edited by XLMuffnTop; 05-02-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #13  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLMuffnTop View Post
I went to Old Navy to get my son some flip flops and saw some stuff that was cute. I know they run big so I was thinking... maybe... just maybe... but I was so stinking self conscious! I didn't try anything on just grabbed two t-shirts and ran for it. I'm happy to report the XXL fits with room to spare..
I love Old Navy! I just only recently started shopping there because I couldn't fit into their clothes for the longest time but now I fit into an XL with their dresses and tops and I even found work pants

Yesterday I skipped my morning run: it was foggy outside and I was sleepy and didn't feel like running on the treadmill. It was supposed to rain this morning, but I told myself that no more excuses and if it was raining I'd just have to get on the treadmill. Luckily, though, I woke up and it wasn't raining. yay! Kind of overcast but really nice out and the city is so quiet at 6:30 am, haha (go figure)
Old 05-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #14  
Sally

S/C/G: 222.5/207.6/140

Height: 5' 3"

Veggie soup day today, as I have been a bit lazy where the food is concerned this week, and last night with my little pitty party, I had a bit more pizza then I should have. But back on track today, and going to face what the world has in store for me. Onward and downward.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #15  
Work in Progress

well crappy ola.....had to be away from office all day which meant eating out I thought I was doing a good thing food wise until I looked up the nutritional stuff... can I say holy molly? and S**t in one breath? who knew a 'veggie lettuce wrap' would be 140 cal per wrap and I ate 2? then had the steamed dumplings (they were better than the wrap) .....well long story short my pts went out the window and did not get to gym

Tomorrow has got to be a better day
Closed Thread