Old 03-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/see tracker/170

Height: 5'11"

Unhappy Confused...

After thinking and researching over a period of a year, I decided to join WW and went to my first meeting yesterday. It was awesome! Everyone in the group was amazing and our leader was so positive!

I had my first weigh in, was given a food tracker and told to write everything I eat for a week. Our leader told me that next week I'll receive more information (?).

So...this is were I"m confused....

Do I continue eating the way I have or start the actually program? I'm not sure if I was suppose to be given any other instructions...she only talked with me for two minutes.

What should I expect my first and second week of weight watchers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
kireos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

That's really odd...I do WW online, but did meetings before, and at my meetings, the "newbies" would stay behind after the regular meeting and be given all the information needed to start the program, and were able to ask any questions they had.
Do you have a points calculator? Do you know how many points you're allowed in a day? If you do, then you can start the program on your own.
Maybe some places handle it differently, but I've never seen that before, where you're supposed to wait until the following week for the info...
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #3  
Borderline Amazing!!!

S/C/G: 230/228/165

Height: 5'6"

I think if they gave you your points calculator and a list of which foods are worth what, you should give it a try. I have done WW in the past... around 7 years ago. I remember we started the first week. Did your leader tell you how many points you should be at? Or at least tell you how to figure it out?

Go ahead and get started, in my opinion. At least, if she didn't tell you otherwise. WW was my favorite and still is! I really think you will enjoy it. Wish I had the time, money, and motivation to do it myself

Good luck!
BrittanieYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #4  

The plan booklet you were given has everything you need to know. Have you read it? You should have started by now. You do get a power start booklet for three weeks. Did you stay after the meeting for that?

You are not given a free calculator so did you purchase one? Daily points are in your. Weigh in booklet.

Apparently the previous poster isn't familiar with the current program.

Last edited by QuilterInVA; 03-15-2012 at 04:26 PM.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
The plan booklet you were given has everything you need to know. Have you read it? You should have started by now. You do get a power start booklet for three weeks. Did you stay after the meeting for that?

You are not given a free calculator so did you purchase one? Daily points are in your. Weigh in booklet.

Apparently the previous poster isn't familiar with the current program.
According to her post, she was only given a food tracker, not a plan booklet. If that's the case, then it wouldn't have any information in it.
Did they give you anything besides a food tracker?
If you didn't buy a calculator and have a smartphone, there may be an app you can download to calculate points.
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #6  
Building a Better Me

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/250

Height: 5'3"

I just joined again 3 weeks ago and it's very different from the old days...

I received All the items in this picture (link, since I am on my phone)

The "Meet Points Plus" book has basic plan info.
The weight record has my points target written on the inside. (there are five boxes: date attended, today's weight, +/-, total loss and current daily
Points target. One for each week, sixteen weeks. (I should grab a picture of that too, I will try to remember to add one later.)
And the pocket guide has basic points for many of the foods. Beyond that? I fund that anymore you really need the monthly pass or etools to do the current program, as the is no slider anymore.

Did you get any of those things at your meeting? If not, I would definitely go back to the center and ask for them.
Jacque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque View Post
I just joined again 3 weeks ago and it's very different from the old days...

I received All the items in this picture (link, since I am on my phone)

Did you get any of those things at your meeting? If not, I would definitely go back to the center and ask for them.
Oh Wow! I didn't receive ANY of those items.....

I only received a weight watchers point plus "tracker" flip book, with a week worth of food journaling. The leader told me to track everything I eat for a week and next week I will get started - so maybe this is when I'll get the rest of the items??? I hope so!!

Thank you for all the replies! Everyone was so helpful!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Did you pay to become a member at the meeting or just sit in on it? If you paid (either weekly, 17 week pass, or monthly pass) you should have been given ALL of the plan info (in a blue pouch) to get started this week. If you paid and did not receive the items you need to go back and get them so you can start. Best of luck on your journey!!!
Keli10801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #9  
Building a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kireos View Post
Oh Wow! I didn't receive ANY of those items.....

I only received a weight watchers point plus "tracker" flip book, with a week worth of food journaling. The leader told me to track everything I eat for a week and next week I will get started - so maybe this is when I'll get the rest of the items??? I hope so!!

Thank you for all the replies! Everyone was so helpful!
I am kind of confused by what you received...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keli10801 View Post
Did you pay to become a member at the meeting or just sit in on it? If you paid (either weekly, 17 week pass, or monthly pass) you should have been given ALL of the plan info (in a blue pouch) to get started this week. If you paid and did not receive the items you need to go back and get them so you can start. Best of luck on your journey!!!
If you did pay and didn't get the stuff to start the program, I would be calling their customer service number because I am sure they'd be curious about what the leader is doing...
Old 03-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keli10801 View Post

I paid for the class via monthly.

It sounds like I need to make a few phone calls to see what's going on....

Last edited by kireos; 03-15-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:28 AM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

I'm really sorry to hear that happened to you. I promise you it's not typical. Leaders are human, and unfortunately sometimes that means honest mistakes happen from time to time.

Did they ask you to stay afterwards? Usually there's a mini-class after the meetings for those who are brand new to WW.

I'm rather surprised that you didn't get what you need at the very beginning from whoever weighed you in. Usually you get a nice packet with all sorts of useful information.

Here's what I suggest: If at all possible, get to a second meeting this week. WW Weeks extend from Sunday - Saturday, so getting there this week would involve going to a meeting before Sunday. You already paid for this week, so you will NOT have to pay for a second meeting. (As long as you remember to bring proof of your membership.)

Just ask for the leader and explain the situation, and show her/him the materials you were given. They should be able to give you the info you need. Then, at the very least, you'll have the materials. You can then choose to sit after the class and have the leader explain the program (as should have happened).

If you're absolutely unable to get into a meeting until next week, then you'll just have to wait for the rest of the materials.

In the meantime... Track to the best of your ability. Don't stress about the Points or any other part of the program if you don't have the materials. Just start by training yourself to write down all the food you eat. Honestly, tracking is the biggest part, and if you can begin reminding yourself to write it down, then you're going to have an advantage when you are able to get those materials in hand.

Sorry to hear that the start of the program had a hiccup. You'll get what you need as soon as possible, and be well on your way to eating heatlhier Welcome to WW!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #12  

**UPDATE**

I had another meeting today and I received my materials! Apparently, the leader ran out of the materials for the newcomers last week which is why I didn't get anything. I have all the items I should now, had the program explained to me, weighed in (lost a pound!!) and became even more excited about joining weight watchers!!!

Everything is better now
Old 03-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #13  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Wonderful! I would recommend seeing if they could compensate you for the week you lost though.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #14  
Building a Better Me

I'm glad you lost a pound! And that you finally have all the information

I definitely do hope that you can find out about getting reimbursed, because a week without the materials is not good customer service.