Old 02-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Whats on your shopping list?

I need to get some groceries today. Im needing some new ideas to change things up this week. Whats does your shopping list look like? What items could you not do this journey without? What are your luxury items? Basic staples?
Thanks all ...just looking for some inspiration in the grocery isles.
Micki k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #2  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

My basic items are brocolli, mushrooms, peppers, rice (basmati), beans, chicken breast, turkey sausage, ground turkey, eggs, milk, cereal (usually regular cheerios), a low cal sweet treat (skinny cow usually), frozen veggies, sandwich thins and Dave's Killer Bread.

My luxury items are things like goat cheese (just a couple of points and its a really decadent item that makes me feel like I"m cheating), shrimp, crab cakes (I found some that are 3 points each and are hearty), and crackers.
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Lately my cart has been full of more things from the produce section than ever before. I do get quite a few of the Weight Watchers frozen meals because I have classes three days a week in the mornings. When I get home for lunch I'm usually really hungry and want something fast. I eat oranges or grapes a lot for snacks. If I'm really hungry for a snack, I get some air popped popcorn. There's a great idea on Pinterest for popcorn. Buy regular bulk popcorn and plain paper bags. Put about a 1/4 cup of popcorn in the bag and fold it over twice. Put it in your microwave standing up and for the time you would use for microwave popcorn. I have a popcorn setting on mine so I just use that. It tastes so much better than microwave popcorn. I spray mine with some Parkay and use some popcorn seasoning. So good!
erinrenae80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #4  

A few things that seem to always be on my list

- Thomas' 100 calorie english muffins (3pp)
- Sara Lee's 45 calorie & delightful bread (2pp for 2 slices)
- eggs
- Turkey or veggie sausage
- low fat cheese.
- frozen veggies
- frozen strawberries (no sugar added.)
- bananas
- 0% greek yogurt(Greek Gods brand)
- no or low fat ricotta.

For breakfast or snacks sometimes I do the following:
I usually mix the strawberries with the greek yogurt and a teeny tiny bit of Splenda (like 1/4 of a pack). 1pp for 1 serving. Sometimes I'll add 1/2 serving of chocolate hazelnut granola for another 3pp

I put a serving of the ricotta on a toasted english muffin and top it with banana slices. 4pp and really filling. I usually add a touch of splenda to that too.

Last edited by anga; 02-26-2012 at 10:56 AM.
anga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Wow some yummy stuff
On mine there is always fresh veggies which ever look good but mostly celery, brocolli, peppers, if the cauliflower or aspargus looks good some of that. Egg beaters, fresh salsa, skinless chicken breasts, fresh fish if it is wild caught and price is reasonable, pork loin, whole wheat pasta from the bulk bins, thomas lite english muffins, low fat ricotta, apples, bannana's (so I can freeze them for smoothies) oh yeah and baby spinach
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote