Old 02-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #1  
Come on, skinny love

S/C/G: 290/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Default Where would I be now, if I hadn't quit?

So I just had my 2nd weight in after starting WW again. It was great, down 2.5... but I couldn't help but think.. what if I'd never quit? I was doing so well before that I have every reason to believe I'd be under 200 pounds by now had I kept going. Instead, I quit, gained it all back plus 10 bonus pounds.

It doesn't matter though! Past is past. I'm back, and ready to go.
Veneficae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on your loss, that's GREAT! Your not alone! I went back yesterday since leaving ww in May. i gained 20 lbs couldn't even believe it. I was down 15 and now the heaviest in probably 10 years. I said the same thing, where would i be if i hadn't left WW. Then a freind said 'shoulda, woulda, coulda' We can do this!1
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #3  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Pointspluspioneer is right, you're definitely not alone! I went back after not being able to afford it for a year and I would be at goal weight by now, but I have no regrets, just extremely excited and can't wait to hit my goal! Welcome back!
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

I do sometimes think about "Where would I be if..." If I'd just started sooner... if I never gave up... if I started doing activity sooner, etc, etc. I am one of those people who lost 100 pounds and gained much of it back. But, like you say, the past is the past.

I think the best way to use that type of thinking is in terms of the future. For example, "This time next year, I'm going to look back and be so happy that I started NOW.... not wondering about any what-ifs anymore. I'll already be DOING what I set out to do."

Sometimes I even do a Mega Future outlook: "Ten years from now, I'll likely be at my goal, and long into maintaining. I'll be doing much of what I intended to do. And it's all because I started now, and am working on these healthier habits right this very moment."
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Yes the past is the past we have all been there. And like you Lovely I look to the future. I am thinking I can't wait to get to next Sept when it will be a year for me and I should be at my goal weight. I can hardly weight!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
I can hardly weight!
I agree (And love the pun!)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote